It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supergirl new season

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well apparently the new season is going to deal with immigration and people who have immigrants and transgender issues.
A few years ago they brought kinda Carter in to play the United States president who unknowingly was an alien shapeshifters from the planet rural.
Supergirl knew this and so did the doe a gov agency she works with.

Last night's episode the bad guys putted the potus as being an alien so now the voodoo going to hit the fan.

But let's BACKUP for a second a gov knew she was an alien and chose not to doing anything about it why is this a problem ?
Well she was not born on earth or in the United States and its parents were not us citizens either which meant it had no right to run in an election period and yes I am calling it an it because durlans as re a hermaphrodite species they have both male and female reproductive organs and a couple usually impregnated each other at same time..

Supergirl also knew and should have screamed it from top of her lungs but she chose not to.

Now she and gov have egg on their faces because of outing.

On a side note they introduced nai n.a. aka dream girl as a ditzy cub reporter without mentioning her character is a transgendered individual which I am glade of it should not be focus of her story just let her be a normal person like she should be and not be a big issue. Every transgendered person I know does not want to make a big issue of it they just want to be accepted for who they are and that so far looks like how they going to do this character.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

They ruined that show with their politics.
I couldn't make it through season 2.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The last episode of this complete garbage I watch was the one where they demagogued guns.

It could have been a good show.

The cross over fighting natzees!

What a waste.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Disgusting.

Just the very fact that omg there was a super man so there needs to be a super woman / girl. Just cause.

What a joke Hollywood really is.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
At least the Flash is still watchable.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Any show leaves the gate garbage when it's made just to equalize that there is a super man. Nobody made superman because they were saying women are inferior. Hate having sjw crap take over everything.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I was going to watch this series, but then I realized that it was just a giant Leftist/Liberal wet-dream on the small screen.

With the amount of Social Justice - ing they bake into that show, I would sooner cut off my toes individually with a rusty butterknife than subject myself (or anyone else) to it's craziness.

You're better off just reading Huffington Post and imagining the Author wearing a Superhero Costume.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Just the very fact that omg there was a super man so there needs to be a super woman / girl. Just cause.

What a joke Hollywood really is.

You know Supergirl was created by the comic artists who wrote for D.C in the 50's, right?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

With the amount of Social Justice - ing they bake into that show,

Jimmy Olson became black.

Supergirls sister is a lesbian.

Gunz are bad

I quit after that.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

I am sure they are working on a Wonder Man movie...

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker

Why? The original version lives alone, wears colorful tight yoga pants and pals around with a young guy from work.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Remakes are the flavor of the day. An original character would be nice

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Its awful that we cannot relax and dream our self to another place, away from politics and world problems with a good show.

Ohh no no no..Now they gonna force feed political correctness and monotone thinking in prime time entertainment shows.

Makes me wanna be a movie director and make movies / series again.. blood dripping naked hardcore entertainment.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: hombero

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I've mostly stopped watching those shows because of Politically Correct bs and the laziest writing I've ever witnessed on a show. The Flash is a prime example of lazy writing, hell, they are all are. I can say with 100% certainty that in the next episode of any of these shows (Arrow, Supergirl, The Flash...) you will see this plot tactic approaching a mile off and once you are aware of it, it just makes the show/s a joke.

Picture the scene, our Heroes are having a tough time trying to figure out how to take down the latest generic bad guy and at the same time, one, or more, of the characters are having some kind of 'relationship dilemma'. Now, what will happen, is that two, or more of the characters, will be having an emotional heart to heart and within that heart to heart, they will inadvertently stumble on the solution to both their 'issues' and how to take down the bad guy. It's honestly absolutely hilarious. e.g:-

Flash - 'Iris, maybe we aren't meant to be together, maybe the universe is against us'
Iris - 'But Barry, I've known you my whole life, it just feels right to be with you'
Flash - 'What did you say?'
Iris - 'It feels right to...'
Flash - 'My god, that's it, left is opposite to right, we need to take what's left...'
Iris - '... of the situation and make it right, Barry, I love you

Team defeats enemy. Now you know, you can never unknow!

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

I truly watch supergirl because legion of super heroes was one of my favorite comics as a kid but yeah they blocked that up too
Mon el became super pasty
Brainiac5 became brainy Smurf.
Irma Arden Saturn girl went from being blond girl in pink bikini to posh spice.
Nura nal went from being a 6ft. Buxom girl with a white one piece to nia nal a transgenedered individual

And nobody in gov was upset the potus was a member of an alien race known for taking the shape of world leaders to sow chaos.
I bet if she had a red headpiece and was a dude supergirl and her two squad would be all over that ..

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Just watched the second episode of season 4; where the president is revealed to be an alien ... turned me off completely from the show and I don't plan to watch it anymore.

I don't mind politics in science fiction; politics and SiFi have gone together forever. And the underlying story line; acceptance of the other has also been a SiFi staple.

The problem with this episode they got almost every moral/ethical dilemma wrong.

For example they set up a great and timely dilemma regarding the editorializing of the news media. Jimmy Olsen has to decide if he wants his paper to be part of the activism or remain impartial. His dialogue does a great job explaining the problem and he makes a good argument for staying impartial .... but in the end because one person's feelings are hurt (in a rather forced and silly way) Jimmy abandons his ethical stance and joins the activism. And don't get me wrong, their is nothing wrong with the goal of the activism in this case its just that Journalism has a higher causes. Journalists have an important job that we really on them to do; some times they must sacrifice their natural human tendencies to "do good" in order to do their job professionally and honestly. Jimmy understood this; but he still abandoned it. The writers of the show didn't just get it wrong, they knew they were wrong and said they didn't care because the ends justified the means.

The end justifying the means also explains the deception that Supergirl and the President played on the American people. Yes Supergirl and the President acted noble when they attempted to gain acceptance for aliens (a surrogate for LGBT and Immigrants in our real life) but they go about their quest all wrong. They believe deceiving people and breaking laws are justifiable because their goal is more important.

This episode goes overboard trying to justify the very dangerous notion that some causes require action by "any means necessary". Because I find this thought process dangerous I can't endorse it by continuing to watch it.

top topics

join