It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The state of America and the state of ATS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

You nailed the mood.. wish the extremes would piss off.
Hate em.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: jimmyx

a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Thank you, could not have said it better myself.

I do not make political allies with centrists and have not for a very long time. I want my political side to win, and it is not going to win with any portion of membership that is willing to cry about everybody getting along.

The most fatal part of these centrist is that since left wing people lie about anything to further their goals they will use the centrist to carry much of their water. That is why I am no longer giving quarter to centrist. Let them carry water for a bunch of hateful losers. Their choice, not mine.

what are you trying to win?...what part of the social construct of America do you think you've lost?....

you saying "left wing people lie about everything" is demonstrably a lie, just as it would be saying the same thing about conservatives....face it, you want to live in a country run by a rightwing authoritarian, without constitutional protections for anyone else that thinks differently...my advice...move to Russia, China, Saudi Arabia....you'll be a lot more comfortable with their brand of "winning"

I want to live in a country that is constrained by the constitution that is its actual law of the land. Nothing more, nothing less. I would do anything to get this country back to that mode of thinking. If you really want or love freedom, that is what you would want as well.

so what "freedoms" have been taken away from you specifically?

Perhaps you are putting words in my mouth. I do think that we are seeing the first amendment being castrated. I have seen since the beginning of the Obama admin an almost tireless attempt to revoke the second amendment. When I get home from work I will carry on with this - but my thought and fear is that the current left is militant and communist enough to totally destroy the constitution and come up with a new one. That is why I say to live within the constraints of the current constitution.

I am guessing you do not want to live within those constraints because you think real freedom is all power centralized. Then again I do not know you so who knows.

Regardless if you don't see the hostility the left has had over the last decade toward anyone that doesn't bend knee then you may be living under a rock.

I agree completely, some people on the left have become quite hostile. But I will counter, if you don't see the exact same thing happening on the right (trump outright said to beat people up when he was campaigning) then you may be living under a rock also.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I do not make political allies with centrists and have not for a very long time. I want my political side to win, and it is not going to win with any portion of membership that is willing to cry about everybody getting along.

The most fatal part of these centrist is that since left wing people lie about anything to further their goals they will use the centrist to carry much of their water. That is why I am no longer giving quarter to centrist. Let them carry water for a bunch of hateful losers. Their choice, not mine.

Your attitude brings back memories of my son when he was 2.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Compromise and consensus is not the point of politics.

You have zero without it, A nation has to be able to be like a Family and that means respecting each other with differences and all.

Division is the point of democratic politics. It's why we have political parties, representatives, etc.

Division is never the point. What is a debate about? It used to NOT be about insulting each other but discussing the differences and what the outcomes would be with each issue.The end endeavor is to find the best path for everyone not to bicker and win or lose. We would do well to deep six parties all together.

I'm sorry, but that's not true. If you want unity and consensus you can find that in dictatorships, absolute monarchies and theocracies. Try being divisive in North Korea for instance.

Politics is division almost by definition.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Today the Constitution is seen as a weapon to be used by one Tribe vs. the other Tribes.

It seems that it no longer occurs to People that we are being manipulated into a hate environment and a breaking of the strength we once had by way of shared values. Those who play along in this will find themselves in a really bad place eventually.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

what are you trying to win?...what part of the social construct of America do you think you've lost?....

you saying "left wing people lie about everything" is demonstrably a lie, just as it would be saying the same thing about conservatives....face it, you want to live in a country run by a rightwing authoritarian, without constitutional protections for anyone else that thinks differently...my advice...move to Russia, China, Saudi Arabia....you'll be a lot more comfortable with their brand of "winning"

I want to live in a country that is constrained by the constitution that is its actual law of the land. Nothing more, nothing less. I would do anything to get this country back to that mode of thinking. If you really want or love freedom, that is what you would want as well.

Perhaps you are putting words in my mouth. I do think that we are seeing the first amendment being castrated. I have seen since the beginning of the Obama admin an almost tireless attempt to revoke the second amendment. When I get home from work I will carry on with this - but my thought and fear is that the current left is militant and communist enough to totally destroy the constitution and come up with a new one. That is why I say to live within the constraints of the current constitution.

I am guessing you do not want to live within those constraints because you think real freedom is all power centralized. Then again I do not know you so who knows.

Regardless if you don't see the hostility the left has had over the last decade toward anyone that doesn't bend knee then you may be living under a rock.

and that ends the my discussion with you, since you know everything about everything, just like trump...I guess that's what you call "winning"

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: underwerks

Huh. I wonder why so many of your posts are misunderstood then?

It’s probably due to the political lens you and others choose to view things through. Where any criticism of the president means you’re automatically the enemy.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

and that ends the my discussion with you, since you know everything about everything, just like trump...I guess that's what you call "winning"

Excellent, not sure why you are so offended but the good part is that I just don't care.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Fallingdown

Truth.

However, there are ways to stand up to the opposition without resorting to needless violence.

I'd be among the last to call for anything like pacifism. I'm a firm believer in peace through superior firepower--define firepower however you like...

But to use it when it's unnecessary is wrong. To seek out reasons to use it is wrong.

The only way I could see to stop unnecessary violence. Is for the right to quit having rallies, speeches, protest and prayer groups .

The left want’s to shut our voice down. So what the hell let’s let them win.

Never did like that pesky first amendment anyway. (Jk)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Demonization of foreigners, demonization of liberals, and people of color and lgtbq people. Or supporting people that do that, because the libs and SJWs. Running with any story or belief that reinforces what you want to think regardless of where it came from and whether it’s true or not. As long as it owns the libs. Never being able to call out the president at the same time the other side does.

Every right winger I know in real life has no issue with people that come through the system to america to become americans, the issue is people that dodge teh system and demand we change to accomodate them.

Againi Every right winger I know likes real liberals, they have an issue with this new age liberal that demands I agree with them and do not question them.

I am a Vet so most of the people that are not white that I know and hang out with are pretty conservative in their leanings, and they are people I have been friends with for 20 years.

Cant say for certain when it comes to the LGBT community cause well I have only known a couple most in the military and the standard I keep is you dont talk about your sex life I wont talk about mine because what you do in the privacy of your bedroom is your buisness not mine. So I probably no more people that fall in that spectrum somewhere but I dont care... I dont base likinig someone on who they are knocking boots with.

Running with any story... thats not just a right wing thing, Kavanaugh running a rape gang ring a bell, or throw a dart at a board covered with trump stories from the election at least half are pure fabrication.

For calling out the president, lets back up a few years... I was called racist because I said Obama was a horrible leader, had nothing to do with his skin color and everything to do with making a decree and leaving the details to some of the most corrupt bought and paid for politicians in congress.

We have a serious problem in our country but its not the fault of 1 party, its the fault of 2 parties and the majority of voters making their decision based off the letter next to the persons name.

edit on 15-10-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

The OP and many others here to me are right and wrong.

You make a good point about the level of posters.

I too believe that long ago ATS was better. Years ago there’s were more intelligent posters I believe.

But the problem is that this is a business for the site owners, they have every right to make a profit, and if political low-level discourse is the rule of the day then they will reflect that.

Hopefully, over time things will change and this site and maybe the country can elevate itself to a higher level of discourse.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

This is an Alleged " Conspiracy Site " , and Unfortunately ,the Biggest Conspiracy in the United States at the Moment is Politics . You Cannot DENY that , eh ? Civil Political Discourse has Always been Debated here on ATS Since it's Inception . You/We Cannot Control what is Posted here on an Open Forum , but You/We Do have the Option here to Ignore it . Hell , I Love Visiting ATS to see the Latest in UFO , Paranormal , and Scientific News , but sometimes All you get here is Pot Luck . Regardless of All of that though , I Thank God that a Site like ATS Even Exists Considering the False Gods of Big Tech Crushing Free Speech here in America on a 24/7 Basis Nowadays .......Peace Bro .....)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Your attitude brings back memories of my son when he was 2.

Really? Oh dear, what will I do now?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

I agree completely, some people on the left have become quite hostile. But I will counter, if you don't see the exact same thing happening on the right (trump outright said to beat people up when he was campaigning) then you may be living under a rock also.

Provide the link.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Fools

Are we issued identifying cards or something?

I've been called everything from an right-wing extremist...to a lefty...and everything in between on these boards.

Am I to be given no 'quarter'?

Possibly, if I were to see you defending lame behavior in the name of "sanity and fairness and EQUALITY", then you would be given no quarter because it is obvious you have meshed with the great lie of equality.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Equal opportunity and equal application of justice have nothing to do with being equal.

I've never been confused by that. Are you suggesting otherwise?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

Provide the link.

Ok. Video and everything. "Knock the crap out of them." Start around 0:36

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 15-10-2018 by narrator because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2018 by narrator because: time

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Yup. Reprehensible.

Ready to condem the torrent of current examples from democrat leadership?
edit on 15-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

a reply to: narrator

Yup. Reprehensible.

Ready to condem the torrent of current examples from democrat leadership?

I already have. I've never once said that the left is innocent. I will openly and readily condemn anyone calling for violence. I was simply pointing out potential hypocrisy, as the user I was responding to was calling out ONLY the left, and I was simply showing the right does it too. I wasn't saying the left doesn't, I was saying both sides do it.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I've had similar thoughts, that being ATS should rid the boards of politics but you're 100 percent right, gov't and conspiracies go hand and hand and should NEVER be over looked or ignored!

BUT, the majority of user driven threads on this site that are political have nothing to do with gov't conspiracy. The majority I see when I visit the Live page are threads created by conservatives to attack Democrats, Liberal, the Left. There's no focus on policy or conspiracy, just political hack attacks. It's the same thing day in and day out.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join