It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The state of America and the state of ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
The Mudpit.

...or simply more 'current' conspiracies became evident that muscled out the less 'verifiable' ones.

edit on 15-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It's been nice seeing retardicans and the libtards ripping each other like animals to get the day going.

Nothing beats the smell of vainity and bull# in the morning.
edit on 15-10-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The men of the proud boys are putting the children of ANTIFA in their place. After the first half of 2017 and the pass ANTIFA received from law-enforcement .

Somebody had to step up.

I have yet to see a confrontation between the two where the proud boys initiated the contact . It’s always ANTIFA showing up to shut down a rally the right is having.

ANTIFA always comes for a fight . The proud boys ( and others ) have been handing them their ass and keeping them in line .

I’m good with that .

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Rookseven

Yes.

I lurked for about 3 years before joining in 2007.

I keep watch (don't post much) -- in hopes of the pendulum swinging.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
The men of the proud boys are putting the children of ANTIFA in their place. After the first half of 2017 and the pass ANTIFA received from law-enforcement .
Somebody had to step up.
I have yet to see a confrontation between the two where the proud boys initiated the contact . It’s always ANTIFA showing up to shut down a rally the right is having.
ANTIFA always comes for a fight . The proud boys ( and others ) have been handing them their ass and keeping them in line . I’m good with that .

You know you're missing the point, right?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I dont know when the right-wing took over conspiracy circles so completely as I was mostly not around ATS during my Air Force time, 2006-2011 But it has the same feeling of those "Pro-Bush/Pro-Iraq/Afghan War Military wannabe but couldn't make it" Militia groups that popped up in mid 2000s as a response to anti-war sentiment that was sweeping the country. Just far more main-stream after the Tea Party supplanted the Militias.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

at the current moment, the greatest conspiracy on the planet seems to be the government, the deep state, and the overthrow of a duly elected government.

9/11, the meat that filled up the ATS bone, was all about a government conspiracy. I don't see much has changed, other than we have taken on a few folks who aren't conspiratorial and prefer the status quo from our government.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Exactly my view.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
A wise person once told me you can click on forums at the top and as long as you don't click on a political forum, you can read stories on other topics.

I feel like that's part of the issue though. The political stuff has spread to the other forums as well, and hardly ever gets taken out after the fact. Take the recent megathread about the observatory in New Mexico. Liberal/republican back and forth happened for multiple pages on that thread, with no recourse against it. Along with a multi-page side street that was taken about driving truck. Way off topic, but wasn't put to a stop, until other members pointed it out enough that the off-topic conversation was ended.

The majority of threads nowadays get taken off-topic fairly quickly, and it's hardly ever called out unless the poster is being really derogatory to someone.

It's hard to want to stick around (I was lurking for well over a decade before I started posting) when NO forum is sacred anymore. The political baiting has spread to every forum. That's what has to be stopped. Keep the politics in the political forums.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven
a reply to: Fools

Better than being the EXACT problem that you b***h about, like you.

I'm so sick of people like you who had to always be right. Has to always have the last word. You are a sheeple. Go to one of your pro/anti-Trump boards and continue to be part of the problem. But before you do, as I have no interest in interacting with the likes of you, prove me right and get the last word in.

You know you wanna...

ok. I dont care if you interact with the likes of me. I really don't.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Fools
It must be tough being a centrist and always being the noble voice of reason.

It smells like vanilla.

Smells like horse# to me. My thoughts on centrism is that it is always geared toward apologetics for the left. I have been watching it for 35 years now and invariably what it is - is someone who is usually socially left wing trying to figure out why he isn't good enough for the left anymore.
edit on 15-10-2018 by Fools because: almost aged myself 5 years

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I guess

I just like to get the facts straight before I get to the point .

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

So there's no compromise in your ideology for change of times, needs, etc. Gotcha.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'll author some threads again when the status quo of insane right and left wingers jumping full force into every topic stops

the crazy part is they even jump into totally unrelated topics to insult the OP about their idea because it's not a pro Trump or anti Trump thread

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

I have been a member of this site for 15 years and I have recently returned after a hiatus of many years. I can tell you that defending the extreme is not something that used to happen on this site.

I think there used to be actual conservatives and republicans on this site, now they’ve been replaced or replaced themselves with Trump-flavored extreme nationalism.That’s the difference. They don’t hold the same (if any) values. So these conversations are going to be a lot different than they used to be.

At least that’s what I’ve seen. The few conservative posters here I respected for their intellect and valued as friends have mostly abandoned ship at this point. I can’t really blame them.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

ATS is not a microcosm of wider society, for one.

Second, holding one side as the same as the other is a false equivalency. Even by your own example, only one side descends upon the other in order to censor them. Given this, I doubt that truth is your main concern here, and are more concerned by political polarization and the conversations some are having.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Rookseven

Yes.

I lurked for about 3 years before joining in 2007.

I keep watch (don't post much) -- in hopes of the pendulum swinging.

I don't know how you can just watch and not help that pendulum swing the way you want it to.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I think there used to be actual conservatives and republicans on this site, now they’ve been replaced or replaced themselves with Trump-flavored extreme nationalism.That’s the difference. They don’t hold the same (if any) values. So these conversations are going to be a lot different than they used to be.

I can't help but wonder whether that broad brush you're holding includes the likes of me?
edit on 15-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Somebody had to step up.

ANTIFA always comes for a fight . The proud boys ( and others ) have been handing them their ass and keeping them in line .

I’m good with that .

The fact that your post is the most starred post here is the problem. No group of people who perpetuate violence is a man. As Robert Kennedy once said:

What has violence ever accomplished? What has it ever created? No martyr's cause has ever been stilled by an assassin's bullet. No wrongs have ever been righted by riots and civil disorders. A sniper is only a coward, not a hero; and an uncontrolled or uncontrollable mob is only the voice of madness, not the voice of the people.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There are days I don't want to deal with the political and on those days I either don't post or I only post on other threads, yes there are more trolls since the short time ago that I joined.

But even some of the people that used to be considered quality posters have started in with violent rhetoric, its just not the advent of trolling politics that has changed some of the people have changed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join