It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warren releases results of DNA test!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Like 1/56th has any bearing on anything.

Or else I get to "be African". And I get to "be" "Turkish". And I get to "be Neanderthal". Hell I'm an amoeba, but I prefer to identify as an mantis shrimp.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Thank you
As someone with native American heritage, but not enough to be able to claim to be native American, I find her claims offensive. I don't claim it because it would be a lie. I guess I hold myself to a higher standard of truth than Elizabeth Warren.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Having native American heritage and claiming to be native American are 2 different things. I showed you proof that she listed herself as native American. She did more than claim heritage. She claimed to BE native American. Her DNA test proves her wrong.

link   
abcstlouis.com...

The DNA study used to source the story turned out to not only have a "math error", but the test did not have enough Native American DNA with which to perform an accurate test that it instead used "samples from Mexico, Peru, and Colombia to stand in for Native American."

The test, which did not use any Native Americans in its sample, found Warren's heritage to be "mostly European" with a likelihood of a Native American being an ancestor from a range of "6 to 10 generations ago".

lol
no native americans in its sample
looks to me like they paid for "the wrong test"

link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

where and when?
In a law school directory?
What tribal benefit did she get from that?
and it seems she was entitled to claim what she did.

This is the proverbial mountain out of a mole hill made by her republican opponent in the 2012 senate race when he accused her of fabricating the tale to gain employment advantages. (she never did BTW.)

This however proves she was indeed entitled to the claim.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Why won't you deal with the fact that I gave you a quote from Elizabeth Warren admitting that she listed herself as native American. Her DNA shows that she is 1/1024 native American. You must be at least 1/16 to be able to list yourself as native American. She is a lawyer for God sake. I'm 1/32 native American and I know and have known since I was a child that I can not make that claim.

I have to research it myself.

But, am getting ready to go to a job interview.

If it is her GGG-grandmother (as the family story goes) she could be 3.12 -- or even 1 generation back from that is 1.56.

edit on 15-10-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What was the name of that "crazy" white woman that identified as black, then got a leadership position as a "black" woman at a chapter of the NAACP? I wonder whatever happened to her.

Face it, friends. They live among us. They work among us. They are hidden in plain site, and some of them will say and do anything outrageous to get what they want.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

milked it..... what was her gain? Milked what?
Harvard got the claim of diversity. Warren moved on. She wasnt teaching any longer.
Like I said mountain out of a mole hill.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Which is true.

I explained above more than once, the only way to verify American Indian ancestry is through roles, registers and old census data. DNA is used only to show connections to the afore mentioned.

Cherokee nations do not accept DNA proof without lineage ties. Nor do almost all tribal nations, the Choctaw do not allow DNA without a tie to lineage (I am very familiar here).
One can not just say they are American Indian just because one thinks they are...proof is required.

When you get into 1000th of anything, it's to miniscule to use as fact for something such as this..and zero lineage confirmation, no culture identity, no history of being active in the society of American Indians. Zero.

Please, she lied, used the loopholes to get ahead, perpetuated the lies, got caught and stands on a shred of possible DNA with zero to back up heritage and association..zero.

Everyone wants proof? Look it up or prove her right!

Mg

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You cant name her and you wonder what ever happened to her?

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You always want others to do the research for you. Go to YouTube and find the vids from about six years ago where she talks about her NA heritage. I'm not going to do it for you, nor are others. You ought to know by now that most of us on these types of threads have done the research and know what we're talking about.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Like I said mountain out of a mole hill.

This is all tabloid gossip rag type "news" is why I did this:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No she is not entitled to claim she is native American. That is what she did. She claimed it. I dont care where she claimed it. She claimed it.she can claim heritage all she wants but she can NOT claim to be native American. There is a difference.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Who cares? Shes not applying for SNAP benefits for Christs sake.
She has Native American blood and thats all shes ever claimed.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You cant name her and you wonder what ever happened to her?

I wish there was an emoji with bugged eyes. That is how you make me react sometimes. You really don't pick up on nuance very well. Of course, I know her name. My post was a sarcastic way of phrasing. ~~sigh

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Like 1/56th has any bearing on anything.

Or else I get to "be African". And I get to "be" "Turkish". And I get to "be Neanderthal". Hell I'm an amoeba, but I prefer to identify as an mantis shrimp.

Your choice.

Ancestry is what it is -- whether you choose to claim it or not.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
looks like she may be mexican, peruvian, or columbian, but she is not "native american".

perhaps she should have gotten an actual geneticist to perform the test......or even just 23 and me for crying out loud

more bs from warren
boy this will inspire trust in her.....lying about being a minority

link   

What if I want to identify as Native American?

link   

Sure she is. She has native american blood in her. And she listed herself as having that heritage in a law teachers directory no where else. ever... So big whoop
trump tells a hundred lies before bedtime and youre going to get on her case?
again Pfffft.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

take a DNA test to prove it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join