It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does wind come from ?? (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
A question that I have been wondering for a long time. I think I should have gotten an answer by now. But, I am not sure why I have not, either because I forgot or I have never asked or listen when it was being explained.

WHERE DOES WIND FLOW COME FROM ... I GUESS IS WHAT I AM SAYING .... What makes the doplar radar go from red to purple one the radar ?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The wind is an exchange of hot and cols air.
Did you put this as a news article by accident?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Not sure this is the right forum for this. Should probably be under Science and Technology.......

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Where does wind come from ?

Allow me to be the first to state the obvious

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Cool picture Pisky!

More importantly where does wind start? Everything has a beginning and an end (apart from circles)!

But the Earth is spherical, so where could it possibly start?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wind is a circulation (circle) of exchanging hot air and cold air.
I found a diagram to help illustrate.

Hope that helps you out Wendellion and bet555.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Thanx, that diagram's neat!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I mean where does hot air come from ... ???? All the sudden you get a gush of hot air in the spring time ... ??? Where is that coming from ... Why does wind when I am on the lake blow from one direction and then 5 minutes later it is coming from a completely different angle and speed ... or SIZE OF WAVES ... Anyways ....

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Pisky already said where hot air comes from

To answer your hot air question, hot air comes from air that is heated by the sun. This is presented in the diagram. I can see you have lots of questions. I recommend searching the net ,visiting your library or asking your teacher.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
There are high-pressure areas on Earth and low-pressure areas. Wind is only the transfer of air from the high-pressure areas to the low-pressure areas.

High-pressure areas are created by the Sun heating the atmostphere, and the molecules spread out, or become less dense, and they have to go somewhere. They go to where there are not very many molecules spread out, or the low-pressure areas.

I hope this helps!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
call up your local weather man im sure he can tell you

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
Why does wind when I am on the lake blow from one direction and then 5 minutes later it is coming from a completely different angle and speed ... or SIZE OF WAVES ... Anyways ....

You may be experiencing certain turbulence across converging fronts, cloud cover on a hot day causing sharp extremes locally in hot and cooled air masses, could depend in severity depending on the humidity also. I really think you would need chaos theory to explain why the wind gusts, changes direction, and temp sporadically sometimes.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Chaos theory ... That sounds intersting ... I believe in the Cause and Effect theory my self ... If someone on the other side of the world ... jumps up and down ... I believe it effects me in some way ... I think all the fish in the sea swimming .. causes currents ... Just as I believe that we moving on earth and we have been moving on earth for years ... ... The earths atmosphere is not letting any of the energy that we are putting out, out of the atmosphere .. therefore causing more hurricanes more natural diasasters ... more problems ... Because if a butterfly flaps his wings it changes the air flow around him which is carried off effecting little winds around him that effect bigger and bigger winds untill finally there is huge winds ... That all started off with one little flap.

Every CAUSE has an EFFECT. Don't think about that too much otherwise you will be like Socrates and Aristotle ... rediculous to try and figure something out that drives them crazy .. eventually because you can't open your mind enough ... =-) ...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Cause and Effect, sure, you have to keep in mind that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. I never bought into the butterfly effect.

Water currents are created the same way that wind is.
Hot water is less dense and rises to the top, the cold water moves to the bottom. Just use that wind cycle picture I posted ans imagine its water.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I wondered ... why the polar caps are melting now and haven't been this whole time ...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Where DOES WIND COME FROM ... I don't think you guys understood my question ... I didn't say show me winds cycle. Or show me how it feels or how it does this or cool air is lower than hot air .. or hot air moves faster ... Hense the reason the particles warm up ... DON'T SHOW ME A CIRCLE ... WHERE DOES IT START !!!!!!!! ?????????/ Why is there none in OUTERSPACE ... ?

new topics

top topics

join