It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology breakthrough for store-able energy and its all thanks to the humble potato!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This ultra efficient form of energy storage has up to 2x the energy density of lithium batteries about 14.5% the volume (Lithium battery is 7x larger in volume) and only 4% of the weight (lithium is 24.5x heavier). The cost is also a mere fraction of the Lithium and considerably less environmentally harmful.

Look to the table just under the large table and it is the entry second from the bottom.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 10 15 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Fat metabolism is even better suited to power a car, rather than LiThium batteries. Potato chips and fat metabolism. A perfect combo energywise.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Wrong kind of energy it’s just thermal capacity hence why it’s in calories....

The following is a list of the thermal energy densities (that is to say: the amount of heat energy that can be extracted) of commonly used or well-known energy storage materials

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Try recharging a potato!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 15-10-2018 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

This video has some discussion on potato energy.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
IDK how many took this as serious, it was more pointing out how inferior batteries are compared to liquid fuels (fats, gasoline, etc) currently. I kind of figured it was self explanatory that it wasn't serious but, well. I thought my edit had a j/k with a joke ending after many blank lines but I guess it didn't save.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
IDK how many took this as serious, it was more pointing out how inferior batteries are compared to liquid fuels (fats, gasoline, etc) currently. I kind of figured it was self explanatory that it wasn't serious but, well. I thought my edit had a j/k with a joke ending after many blank lines but I guess it didn't save.

I didn't realise that.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
If anyone wants to work with me, I made a design for a battery that surpasses the lithium ion batteries we currently use.

In 2004 is when I came up with the design. I just have never been able to obtain the materials I need to build it.

It may even be able to store and release more energy than radioactive power systems. (Better than nuclear, possibly.)

Deadpan serious, not pulling legs or anything

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

There were plans to have laptop batteries that could work off hydrogen and oxygen. All that would be emitted would be steam.

I'm now using solar powered mobile phone chargers. These are like laptop batteries but with small solar panels on one side. You can plop them on a window sill and they charge up even on a cloudy day. One battery lets you charge up a mobile phone six times.

new topics

top topics

join