It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 dead, 1 hurt in shooting at Texas toddler’s birthday party

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: ketsuko

The problem is in the people, not the tools at hand.

which is why i say that irresponsible gun owners are a part of the problem.

which is why i wanted to have a discussion.
which is why i asked what should be done if anything.

This is the crux of the problem. I see a responsible gu owner trying to open a dialogue with other responsible gun owners regarding something that you and a lot of folk the world over see as a problem. You want to see if we can brainstorm ways to stop the gun violence

The problem is most of the people responding thus far see someone who wants to tllame their beloved guns for what stupid people have done and they have responded appropriately. You are sadly in a minority among 2nd Ammendment defenders it seems. Which is sad, if more were like you perhaps a solution would be already found...
edit on 15/10/18 by djz3ro because: Fix an error...

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That same person would still be prone to treat others like dirt and snap in the worst way ... run someone over in a fit of road rage say ... does that make them an irresponsible automobile owner?

Yes. Yes it does. Are you seriously implying this shoes responsible vehicle ownership?

I think ATS is seriously broken...
edit on 15/10/18 by djz3ro because: Spelling. Shoes indeed...

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Most gun owners are responsible gun handlers. These shootings are usually done by mental rejects or people who got their gun illegally and would have gotten it regardless of gun safety laws. Look at Chicago. Strictest gun laws in the country and the highest gun crime in the country.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Most gun owners are responsible gun handlers. These shootings are usually done by mental rejects or people who got their gun illegally and would have gotten it regardless of gun safety laws. Look at Chicago. Strictest gun laws in the country and the highest gun crime in the country.

Do some research, try starting with the deadliest shooting in US History, if the OS is to be believed...

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Stop and frisk. More times than not, stereotyping will lead you to the illegal gun owners. Whether it's blacks from the hood, Mexicans from the hood, or white trash, you can usually detect who the felons are. And if you're wrong then you're wrong and you move on to the next. If we want things accomplished around this country, we're gonna have to put political correctness aside and start stereotyping.

If I look suspicious and get pulled over, I'll give my ID and registration/insurance and consent to search. I'll be well back on my way within 5 minutes and feel safe knowing some guilty people will be busted and their guns will be removed.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I'm a '79 model and came up in the 90's, too. But I'd have to say that as lots of people still didn't have a PC in the 90's, or if they did they had dial-up which would have taken 5 minutes to load one article, the problem didn't get bad until 2008 when WiFi capable smart phones entered the scene and people could hit the internet and social media directly from their phone. That's when the turds hit the fan.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Stop and frisk. More times than not, stereotyping will lead you to the illegal gun owners. Whether it's blacks from the hood, Mexicans from the hood, or white trash, you can usually detect who the felons are. And if you're wrong then you're wrong and you move on to the next. If we want things accomplished around this country, we're gonna have to put political correctness aside and start stereotyping.

If I look suspicious and get pulled over, I'll give my ID and registration/insurance and consent to search. I'll be well back on my way within 5 minutes and feel safe knowing some guilty people will be busted and their guns will be removed.

Papers please!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Why don't we just legalize all guns? The same people against guns think that legalizing all drugs will curb the desire and addiction for drugs. What do you say, mate?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Why, so we can through biscuits and scones at intruders and those who threaten our lives? Besides, if my guns were taken, I still have a high powered crossbow intimidating enough to stop an intruder dead in his tracks. Either way you look at it, my family is far more important than anyone else on this planet, especially some loony thug that thinks he can enter my house or property.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

I feel like an old record playing over and over again, but what about the UK?

Did getting rid of guns produce a social change for the better and now they are all hugging, singing in unison?

It has been years now, there should be some indication of the reduction of violence, no?

After the gun laws were tightened after Dunblane we've had no more school shootings and gun wielding thugs aren't breaking into houses taking what they want.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

No such thing as a responsible gun rights opponent. Fortunately I have a good feeling you'll never have the courage to come to America anyways so all your babble is just that.
edit on 15-10-2018 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

When we live in a throw away society we shouldn't be surprised that people are also tossed out unceremoniously.

I consider that a very real observation.

Also, consider the fact that we have diluted the very concept of friendship. Once, a fried was something one took a while to fully accept and it lasted a lifetime. Now, thank to FaceBook, "friending" someone is something one can do several times a day, and a single post is a perfectly good reason to "unfriend" them.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

But hasn't other violent crime increased?

Honest question.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Blame the guns, not the arseholes who are so uncivilized that use them to kill unarmed people at a birthday party!

Right? Think of how many people are slaughtered daily in Islamic nations because of Sharia law. Often the poorer honor enforcement squads and morality police forces as they call them don't have guns. Well, they make up for it with blindfolded pushes off buildings, hacking necks fifteen times to sever the head, and like the poor Iranian 14 year old boys a few years back whose parents hears them say they loved each other so their parents hauled them to the police and had front row seats at the gallows as they professed their hatred of their little boys who choked and cried for their mama's to just tell them they love them until the moment their bodies dropped and necks snapped causing mom and dad to erupt in jubilant cheers as the crowds tore their heads and limbs off before eventually piking them for the neighborhood to see. People either have it in them or they don't. And this world will never progress socially from here on, only regress, until WVERYONE admits whatight sound a bit ugly but is simply fact, sometimes a person's geographical location when raised, nationality and resulting culture, and such things are more likely to create a higher number of insensitive thugs capable of violence without care for the consequences...something with an ugly term that I WONT say... And therefore those cultures and people won't always mix well if indiscriminately allowed to incorporate themselves into other societies.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well, you can really tell the liberal left...all they whine about is 'bad guns'. Look, this act was committed by illegals. If you don't like the truth, so be it. But the truth is what it is.
Wonder how many of them had signed up for 'motor voter' when they got drivers license. This is what the left want for their voter base...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

We'll wait and see on that one...he's a much better deal maker than Obama, when it comes to the actual deal itself. Just because Obama could facilitate agreement on things doesn't mean that it was a good deal, and in the real world, no deal is better than a bad deal.

So, we'll see what history has to say about things, but I see Trump as doing good things so far as far as making deals. Some of his tactics still remain to be seen if the short-term pain is worth the long-term fix, but again, time will tell.

In any event, this has nothing to do with the OP, so I'm bowing out of this branch of discussion.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

You are sadly in a minority among 2nd Ammendment defenders it seems. Which is sad, if more were like you perhaps a solution would be already found...

Do you really think that government can solve the problem of people having a blatant disregard for human life, most of which (gun violence) happens in the ghettos and projects that the government created with its welfare program in the first place?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: daveinats

NVM
edit on 16-10-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Lol, they are almost always “responsible “ gun owners right up until they aren’t. You fool no one. Btw, I thought tiny. was going to do something about the violence in Chicago. Just another lie the rwnj’s bought hook line and sinker. Yawn. Same crap different day.... a reply to: LSU2018

edit on 16-10-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Update:

TAFT — A 20-year-old man who authorities believe is connected to a South Texas shooting that left four dead and one wounded is free on bail.

Authorities believe there was an altercation between two families at the party. The altercation escalated, leading to the shootings, said Sgt. Nathan Brandley, a spokesman for DPS.

Man, 20, connected to fatal shooting at toddler's birthday party in South Texas free on bond - Corpus Christi Caller Times

The Texas Rangers are the lead agency on this one. They do not mess around.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join