It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 dead, 1 hurt in shooting at Texas toddler’s birthday party

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ketsuko

Trump is so divisive I'm not sure how you can qualify him as a good leader.

No better or worse on that than the guy before him was. How did you feel about him as a good leader?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: VividestSum93
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's become pretty clear to me that as
Soon as a thread doesn't go your
Way you get offended.

Same s# different thread!

Like I said before.
Its frustration

Frustrated that it takes 5 pages to start having a convo.
I'm at work now and kind of over it

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

It's been pointed out to you that you need to open the thread less like you think guns themselves are the only possible reason why this occurred.

Ask yourself. If you had a choice, which would you rather be locked in room with: the triggermen from this party or their guns? Personally, I'd rather be locked in with the guns. They aren't going to do anything except sit, but the triggermen have proven to be capable of murder.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The guy before him was at least diplomatic and professional.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

*snort* That's a matter of perspective. Considering I was called a bitter clinger, I don't feel he was too diplomatic and I don't feel that was professional at all. That was just one instance.
edit on 15-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I prepare for natural disasters. basically
A what if scenario! Is that based on fear?

Is wearing a seatbelt fear?

Are fire alarms and smoke detectors fear?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Who cares about the racial tensions he fostered, bailouts for the rich, wage gap getting wider, loss of quality jobs .. he was a good speaker.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

*snort* That's a matter of perspective. Considering I was called a bitter clinger, I don't feel he was too diplomatic and I don't feel that was professional at all. That was just one instance.

I don't remember seeing him insulting or ridiculing people, or getting laughed at on the world stage either.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Why would they, he was giving every other country exactly what they wanted. They can laugh at Trump, but they are being forced to give America a better deal. If you can't beat him use an ad-hom against him, the liberal way.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Who cares about the racial tensions he fostered, bailouts for the rich, wage gap getting wider, loss of quality jobs .. he was a good speaker.

What did he do to increase racial tensions ?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I can't tell you what they are thinking on a different topic, I tend to stay on topic.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Let's determine if they are even legal US citizens to start.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm just hoping that some poor kid isn't gonna go through the rest of their lives with their birthday also being the anniversary of the day their parents were both gunned down!!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It's probably already been said, but this seems like it's probably gang-related or drug-related. There are very few non-criminal gun owners who would take it upon themselves to do something like this at a toddler's birthday party. I'll be interested to get more details, because they are scant at this point (meaning that it shouldn't be used as a springboard to discuss gun regulation quite yet).

Here's the bottom line--assaulting someone and attempted murder are both against the law, as is (I assume) firing a firearm in a neighborhood. And I'm willing to bet that, most likely (based on statistical data of law-abiding gun owners), at least one of these firearms were illegally owned.

Regardless of all of that, I feel terribly for these families that they have people amongst them willing to do this, at a toddler's birthday party, no less. I think the better question might be, what more can we do to regulate these types of individuals versus the tool that they choose with which to break the law and destroy lives.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The guy before Trump only understood political correctness and political platitudes--it was his way of life, and he had been groomed in that way of life for a long time. I guess that you'll have to excuse a New York business mogul for not having the same--shall we say, "Politician Privilege"--as Obama.

But, honestly, "professional" is a subjective term, and I think that many things that Obama did were unprofessional, considering his profession was to do that which was best for the country as a whole and to uphold the constitution.

Diplomacy for the sake of public perception over results is nothing that I wanted in a president, which is why I only voted for Obama the first time around. I learned my lesson quickly with that guy.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yeah my big bad evil ar-15 is setting in my
Gun locker collecting dust it hasn't jumped
Up shot nobody so far!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The people don't want to listen to solutions or find solutions I should say, as you already know as soon as you mention anything about guns people's minds just shut down and go into defense mode, they are so conditioned to defend their stance it's like a default setting.

It's bizarre, as you clearly state in your op you don't want to take guns away yet look how many posters accuse you of doing just that.

Uhh no that would be you.

We offer solutions. But they don't align with your solutions, so you plug your ears and claim we don't want to listen to solutions.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

The people don't want to listen to solutions or find solutions I should say, as you already know as soon as you mention anything about guns people's minds just shut down and go into defense mode, they are so conditioned to defend their stance it's like a default setting.

It's bizarre, as you clearly state in your op you don't want to take guns away yet look how many posters accuse you of doing just that.

Uhh no that would be you.

We offer solutions. But they don't align with your solutions, so you plug your ears and claim we don't want to listen to solutions.

Um it's the same with politics, you just stick your in your ears and sing lalala, you're not interested in dialect let alone solutions.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Exactly he understood politics, understand how to talk to other leaders without making a tool of himself, understand how to conduct himself on the world stage.

Diplomacy is an important asset when negotiating deals, trump at this point is fumbling and bullying his way and that will eventually come back to bite him and by default the American people.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
The first problem is we don't know what caused this altercation. We don't know if the people involved are drug cartel members, gang members, or just people without common sense. We don't know if the guns used were legal or illegal. We really don't know squat.

The problem is in the schools.

TheRedneck

True, but i would add our whole culture of tv, movies and music make excessive use of violence to capture short-attention span viewers. I believe violence is a by-product of our industrial society where nature becomes a resource rather than a source of life, spirit and magic. We have debased everything including each other to neat little ideological boxes for easy sorting. When we live in a throw away society we shouldn't be surprised that people are also tossed out unceremoniously.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join