It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 dead, 1 hurt in shooting at Texas toddler’s birthday party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Oh look another dumb ban the guns thread.

No details on what occurred or who did what, but let's find a way to blame the bill of rights.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: TinySickTears

i wanted to talk about is there anything that can be done to reduce this kind of #..

I will make the first suggestion:

1) Make sure an attorney general (Eric Holder?) doesn't sell illegal guns (Fast & Furious) to Mexican cartels where they somehow find their way back into our country to kill.

(Just one suggestion.)

Eric Holder: "When they go low, we KICK them.". Wasn't the blood of Brian Terry good enough for you?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: infolurker

Talk about what? Disarming me?

That is what you want to talk about correct?

no its not
do you even read

i said it 3 times now. i do not support banning guns. i do not think taking guns away will solve anything

i wanted to talk about is there anything that can be done to reduce this kind of #..

i thought i was clear on that...
guess not

im done.

m mistake for wanting to have a discussion. i keep forgetting how # is around here these days

i will try to stick to talking about fatbergs

Whaaa....nobody agreed with me so I'm going home.

Grow a pair, will ya.

You opened a discussion on a hotbed issue, you know that, you knew that when you posted the thread. Yet you still used the term "gun violence", didn't you? If you truly wanted a conversation, then you would have spoken about the violence and ask what can we do to reduce it, regardless of the tool used. And, you would NOT have used these dead souls to push your narrative either.

Fact is, you got called out and exposed for what your underlying reason was and you took exception.

Deal with it, you baby.

If YOU don't like firearms, and decide not to exercise your own 2nd amendment right, great!!! All the power to you, I support you in that decision. However, do not try to push your brand of anti-gun thought upon those that disagree.

Want to discuss what is causing people to act out violently toward each other? OK....let's take one reason.

DEMOCRATIC politicians calling for mob violence to "resist" the legally elected POTUS. Politicians that claim there cannot be any civility. Politicians that claim to their followers to confront "them" wherever they are, and harass them at every opportunity.

How about discussing that aspect?

edit on 10/14/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

How about this?

Let's talk about teaching people values again rather than strictly being secular and moral relativistic about everything? That doesn't necessarily mean religious education, but perhaps there are objective truths and actual morals that should be taught.

that would be great but what do we use as a standard?
i mean there are universal donts that most sane people can agree with

killing people
raping people
crimes against kids

we are all on the same page on these things

a lot of # is negotiable though and who is correct?

something you feel is morally wrong i may not feel and vice versa

you should check out a book called sapiens. puts a lot of # in perspective when it comes to the human animal

there are always going to be problems unless we get turned into some weird emotionless society regulated by the state like we see in those dystopian movies.

there are so many of us. so many different ways of life. different cultures. different belief systems.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Australia’s Gun 'Buyback' Created a Violent Firearms Black Market. Why Should the U.S. Do the Same?

reason.com...

Police admit they cannot eradicate a black market that is peddling illegal guns to criminals," the Adelaide Advertiser conceded a few years ago. "Motorcycle gang members and convicted criminals barred from buying guns in South Australia have no difficulty obtaining illegal firearms - including fully automatic weapons."

More recently, the country's The New Daily gained access to "previously unpublished data for firearms offences" and reported a surge in crime "including a massive 83 per cent increase in firearms offences in NSW between 2005/06 and 2014/15, and an even bigger jump in Victoria over the same period."

"Australians may be more at risk from gun crime than ever before with the country's underground market for firearms ballooning in the past decade," the report added. "[T]he national ban on semi-automatic weapons following the Port Arthur massacre had spawned criminal demand for handguns."

Much as the Mafia and other organized criminal outfits rose to power, wealth, and prominence by supplying illegal liquor during Prohibition in the United States, outlaw motorcycle gangs in Australia appear to be building international connections and making money by supplying guns to willing buyers.

Obviously, items like rocket launchers come from specialized sources. "[T]hefts of guns from the Australian defence forces accounts for a steady stream of weapons falling into the hands of criminals," according to yet another news report. The military-sourced guns have been linked to crimes, including murder.

But like American bootleggers who supplemented smuggled booze with bathtub gin, Australia's organized criminal outfits have learned the joy of DIY production. A South Australia man was arrested in 2012 for manufacturing guns, including submachine guns, for criminals. A year later, New South Wales jeweler was busted for cranking out "up to 100 of the perfectly constructed MAC 10 machine guns" for motorcycle gang members.

In 2000 the Australian Institute of Criminology reported "the homicide rate for Australia has stayed remarkably constant. The highest rate recorded over the last 11 years was 2 per 100,000 and the lowest rate was 1.7 per 100,000." So in the intervening years, they've basically seen a continuation of the "modest decline" referred to in the academic assessment cited above.

By contrast, without Australia's confiscation policy, the United States has seen its murder (including nonnegligent manslaughter) rate drop from 9.3 homicides per 100,000 U.S. residents in 1992 to 4.7 in 2011 and decline further, to 4.5 per 100,000 in 2014, the last year for which full data is available. During this time, the number of firearms in civilian hands increased by roughly 50 percent, to an estimated 300 million.

If Australia's gun policy has coincided with a continuing "modest decline" in its homicide rate, it has had more dramatic results elsewhere. The confiscation drove many of the country's peaceful gun owners underground. It also—and this is important if America's Prohibition-era experience is any guide—empowered a growing organized crime network that is enriched by the trade in guns, drugs, and other goods that people desire and that governments vainly tries to keep out of their hands. That crime network has developed international contacts, and grown wealthy and dangerous. Investigative journalists suggest the organized black market in firearms is fueling a surge in crime that has yet to appear in statistics.

Australia will have to live with the rise in organized crime for years to come.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Oh look another dumb ban the guns thread.

oh look
someone else that dont read

from my OP

i know i dont want guns banned. thats for sure

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Unless things have drastically changed around Corpus its a gang ridden Spit hole, last time I was there was several years ago but it was before the border areas completely lost their snip when it came to dealing with non affiliated people.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Yes, but those aren't values or morals.

I am talking about things like honesty, integrity, compassion, respect, etc.

Those sorts of values and character traits lead you to not murdering, raping, stealing, etc.

And it's not enough to pay lip service to them. You have to actually live them in order for them to be inculcated.
edit on 14-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

[

Grow a pair, will ya.

its just frustration. i dont want people to agree with me. the opposite. i want people to discuss things and actually read the posts. i do not want guns banned and isaid it in the OP yet thats all people are saying. saying thats my agenda. like i said its just me being frustrated at not being able to have a discussion. i want to hear from people that do not agree with me. at the least though i want them to be honest at what this is about. it is not about me wanting guns banned.

Fact is, you got called out and exposed for what your underlying reason was and you took exception.

there is no underlying reason. i have been saying i think irresponsbile people with guns are a problem. not the only problem but its part

If YOU don't like firearms, and decide not to exercise your own 2nd amendment right, great!!! All the power to you, I support you in that decision. However, do not try to push your brand of anti-gun thought upon those that disagree.

people keep saying i am anti gun and want them banned. this is not true. i own a gun.

Want to discuss what is causing people to act out violently toward each other? OK....let's take one reason.

DEMOCRATIC politicians calling for mob violence to "resist" the legally elected POTUS. Politicians that claim there cannot be any civility. Politicians that claim to their followers to confront "them" wherever they are, and harass them at every opportunity.

ok. here are my thoughts on the above
i do not support mob violence.
i do not support politicians saying there can be no civility
i do not support people confronting and harassing others

3 pages in and people are still saying i want guns banned.
it is frustrating man.
edit on 14-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Well, there have been a few posters that gave you some excellent material for the root of the problem. But you immediately condemned them because it goes against your ideology.

You will always seek the wrong solutions to this problem because of feel good SJW mentality.

We are not even close to discussing the proper course of action. A course of action that will be harder than anything this country has ever attempted. It will be hard because the proper action needs to not interfere with people's free will. It will be exclusionary and I know how you feel about that.

This will need to get a lot worse before people face the truth and then ponder the correct course of action.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Well, there have been a few posters that gave you some excellent material for the root of the problem. But you immediately condemned them because it goes against your ideology.

bull#

i did nothing of the sort

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

get all that from their names or what? or did being low by the border give you a big clue??

Was that comment meant to encourage further discussion down that path. If so, I apologize as I read it differently.
edit on 14-10-2018 by ClovenSky because: spelling...always spelling

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"An altercation between two families caused the violence, but authorities provided no details about the nature of the dispute.

Those killed were identified as Juan Espinoza Sr., 62; and his grandsons Juan Sandoval III, 20; Jeremy Sandoval, 22; and Nicky Sandoval, 25. All were from Taft.

Juan Espinoza Jr., 43, the elder man's son and father to the three younger men, was airlifted to a hospital in Corpus Christi, Brandley said. He is critical condition but is expected to survive, Brandley said.

Brandley identified the suspects as Ronnie Rodriguez Jr., 20, who is in custody, and Ronnie Rodriguez Sr., 37, who is still at large. Authorities didn't provide details about their relationship.

Belinda Espinoza, the daughter of Juan Espinoza Sr., said her family grew up with the suspects and knew them well. She was not at the house when the shooting occurred"

Make your own opinions. A simple search, no guessing..

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

so realistically what can we do?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

get all that from their names or what? or did being low by the border give you a big clue??

Was that comment meant to encourage further discussion down that path. If so, I apologize as I read it differently.

was in response to this

Sounds like mexican gangbangers doing mexican gangbanger #.

is that the excellent material for finding the root of the problem you were talking about?
if so, i apologize as i read it differently

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

[

Grow a pair, will ya.

its just frustration. i dont want people to agree with me. the opposite. i want people to discuss things and actually read the posts. i do not want guns banned and isaid it in the OP yet thats all people are saying. saying thats my agenda. like i said its just me being frustrated at not being able to have a discussion. i want to hear from people that do not agree with me. at the least though i want them to be honest at what this is about. it is not about me wanting guns banned.

there is no underlying reason. i have been saying i think irresponsbile people with guns are a problem. not the only problem but its part

people keep saying i am anti gun and want them banned. this is not true. i own a gun.

ok. here are my thoughts on the above
i do not support mob violence.
i do not support politicians saying there can be no civility
i do not support people confronting and harassing others

3 pages in and people are still saying i want guns banned.
it is frustrating man.

I never claimed that you did....just that you focused upon the GUN only....not the reason these people felt they needed to break the law by killing others. Drop the "gun" motive....period. You will get a more honest response. How many times do WE have to say it is not the gun that is the problem....it is the person....PERIOD.

If you can get past using the word "gun" in your search for a solution, you may find a more receptive and constructive discussion. Killing has been happening since mankind began to walk on 2 feet, leaving their hands free to use a tool to strike another person.

So, you agree politicians shouldn't be calling for violence to push their incessant need for power. What have you done to address that? I have done first hand research on these stories to come to the conclusion that it is all about regaining power. The followers are merely their tools to achieve that outcome. They don't care how many are hurt or die, after all, BY ANY MEAN NECESSARY is their siren call. Voting at the ballot box against these agendas is our ultimate tool at this point.

I speak to as many people as I can trying to reveal this agenda....but people do not want to hear it....do you?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

It is indeed. That path will lead to the questions that may actually make a positive change for our society down the road.

Do you shy away from that path?

I really wish there was another way forward. I kind of wish this reality weren't designed so, but it is. Probably for a reason. Probably for us. Probably for growth forward. It will not be fun and hearts will need to harden.

That is why I say, this will get a lot worse (by necessity) before those questions will be asked.

If chaos is the ultimate goal of our rulers to keep us divided and them in power, they will resist the path will the full force of their judicial power. There will be a lot of people locked up behind bars for merely speaking 'words' when the populace gets bold enough.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

So, you agree politicians shouldn't be calling for violence to push their incessant need for power. What have you done to address that?

I speak to as many people as I can trying to reveal this agenda....but people do not want to hear it....do you?

i agree they shouldnt be calling for violence

not done a thing to address it except answer when asked.

i speak to people on here.

i dont really like talking to people in real life.

not about that. not about anything really

just my one buddy that eats lunch in my office. i enjoy talking to him.

other than that i just try to stay away from most people.

i dont go to the gym much anymore but when i do we definitely dont talk about anything like current events or politics.

im not an activist.
im just here for opinions and entertainment

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have the solution.
Deport all progressive democrats and ban the party. Make being a Democrat a felony punishable by life in prison.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ask your parents or grandparents. They will tell you that In the 50's and 60's, high schoolers had gun racks in the backs of their trucks, some with guns in them all the time, even while parked in the parking lot.

Most boys carried pocket knives and nobody went berserk when they took them out to clean their fingernails or peel an apple. You usually got your first one around age six and your first gun around twelve.

What happened beginning somewhere in the seventies until now?

What has changed in society?

What has changed in schools?

What has changed in communities?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join