It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An innocent mistake I’m sure

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Which of my statements do you think is total B.S.?
That I'm not from the United States? (You believe I'm an Ohio agent under cover?)
That I believed American journalists would know some American history? (What other reason would I have for saying so?)
If you refer to the premise "Americans WILL know American history", other members have already enlightened me on that point.

I believe you are BSing all of this...

I'm saying this because Grant coming from Ohio is a rather obscured bit of knowledge that you assume most Americans would/should know...lol

Do you have 1000 or so famous American's birth places memories or something... I suggest common knowledge because that was the tone of your posts.

Once again BS...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I believe you are BSing all of this...

ALL of it?
That includes, by implication, the statement that I'm not an American. You are accusing me of being a secret Yank who is denying his birthright. How can I clear myself from the serious charge of being an American? Would you care to go back through my posts and note my consistent spelling of "humour"? Shall I link you to my acclaimed thread on "The unofficial British citizenship test"?

It also includes, by implication, the statement that I read history. Then how do you think I put together my most recent thread, which may be found in the History forum with Sunday's date?
I think I was reminded about Grant's origins when I was researching this thread; Elections and secret deals- the Compromise of 1877
But surely any journalist who was on their toes could have worked it out by this process of logic;
"Why is this speaker boosting a general? He must be touting for popularity by praising a local man, because that's what politicians do. But that rules out Lee, because we're in Ohio and Lee was a Virginian. [Come on, that's one of the most basic facts of the American Civil War, so they should at least know that much]. Therefore he must be talking about the other general, who must be an Ohio man."

I take the last line of your post and throw it back at you.

edit on 16-10-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

ALL of it?
That includes, by implication, the statement that I'm not an American.

No just sticking to the BS part about birth places...lol

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
So "all" was just the American addiction to overstatenent.
Fair enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join