It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An innocent mistake I’m sure

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Cause nbc isnt liscenced by the FCC or anything...
Sell your halftruths elsewhere

Are you being charged by the character to post on ATS?

Use your words. Didn't anyone ever teach you not to make claims you're not prepared to back up? Exactly what "half-truth" are you accusing me of peddling?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: SofaKing

Each lie buys a few more votes.

From the By-Any-Means-Necessary crowd.

VOTE! These people must not gain power.

Right. Everybody lies but Russian Bot Factories designed to tear us apart.

Roger that. I'm sure your buddies at Google, Twitter and Facebook will be sure to solve this problem and help the rest of us to understand what we should think.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nope

You know people actually do remember what you post here....
ATS is no daily kos but still....

You conflation of nbc and other journalism is crap and you know it.

But you no longer seem to give 2 craps about what's true or not so whats new

Funny you advise to "use your words" as you actually used to
Now your just a "silliy" level hack

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You know people actually do remember what you post here....

No, it seems that what some people actually remember is bull# their peers say. Case in point:

ATS is no daily kos but still....

Here, I'm going to help you out because you're floundering and you think that this mealy-mouthed bull# is getting you somewhere.

ATTENTION!

To Whom It May Concern,

Last year some obsessed moron posted a thread about me in the dead of night. The purpose of that thread was to "expose" me as a professional journalist. The "proof" offered by this genius researcher was the "discovery" that I had posted a handful of times on Daily Kos.

It wasn't much of a discovery as it turns out because I was posting on Daily Kos with the username "Antediluvian."

Further fueling this idiot jumping to conclusions is the fact that he had no idea what Daily Kos actually is. Apparently, his mad search engine skillz didn't extend to Wikipedia.

Daily Kos (/koʊs/ KOHSS)[2] is a group blog and internet forum focused on the Democratic Party[3][4] and liberal American politics.[5][6][7][8] Additionally, the site features a participatory political encyclopedia ("DKosopedia"), glossaries, and other content. It is sometimes considered an example of "netroots" activism.

Content

Moulitsas and a small group of select contributors post directly to the front page; other users can post "diaries", the titles of which appear on the front page in reverse chronological order, with special attention and longer display time for those diaries highly recommended by other users. The other major source of content is the comments posted in response to front page entries and diaries. Comments for popular or controversial diaries or front-page articles can run into the thousands.

Front page entries and diaries often take the form of a news story from an outside source interspersed with commentary from the author of the diary or post.

Basically it's functionally very similar to ATS (posts are "recommended" which is like flagging here and comments can also be recommend which is like stars) except that where OPs and responses here are identical (except for titles and flags), Daily Kos is formatted like a blog with comments. It has some nice bells and whistles (pictures have captions, pictures can be wrapped in text, tweets can be embedded into posts, posts can be authored and then "published" later, etc).

Anyone can open a new tab right now and make an account there. Now aside from the fact that it looks a little more "professional" there are "a small group of select contributors post directly to the front page" — this is probably where most of the confusion comes in — but I was not one of them.

I am not a professional journalist nor have I ever referred to myself as an "independent journalist." I'm a guy who posts on the Internet and triggers halfwits who conclude that I must be a pro because... well, they suck.

You conflation of nbc and other journalism is crap and you know it.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Are you saying that NBC News is uniquely unjournalistic )seems I may have made that word up) compared to other media outlets?

But you no longer seem to give 2 craps about what's true or not so whats new

That's really ironic considering how wardaddy just made up some bull# about me and you jumped to back it up with some half-remembered slander from some other jackass.

Anyway, I'm way past done with this thread. Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Really going off the deep end now.

The jitters.

The fright.

Everything is falling apart.

"ehhhhh eh eh eh eh eh"

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

And you have the stones to ask anyone else if they get paid to post here?
Yeah daily kos is NOTHING like ATS, but keep on exposing your intentional mischaracterizations.
Funny how sunshine makes the cockroaches scurry.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This is just so much stupid.

When historians talk about someone, anyone being a great general, they are referring to sheer tactical ability. They are not talking about anything else. They are certainly not talking about a person's politics or ideology.

So, yes, looking at this list you will see names both famous and infamous on it. Remember, as you note Chiang Kai-shek in the top 10 along with Rommel and Heinz Guderian that this is solely about their military tactical contributions and not what side they fought on or what causes they fought for.

So this is why you will often hear many of the Southern generals from the Civil War referred to as some of the best. The truth is that the officers of the Civil War, north and south alike, were an exceptionally fine bunch which only added to the tragedy of the war itself.

Here's another list of great generals. I added this list just for more perspective. This goes through time period and breaks out the two world wars. You'll note that generals during the World Wars were pulled out without regard for which nation they owed allegiance. They were marked simply for how good they were.
edit on 14-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

That is a really handsome picture of our Best Ever President.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Lol are you from Ohio, you say this like it should be common knowledge...

I'm not even from the United States (which is why I said "even I"). I'm just somebody who reads history, and I was taking it for granted that Americans would know at least as much as me about their own country's history.

edit on 15-10-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That, unfortunately, can be a dangerous assumption to make, these days, in any country, much less the US...

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Well, when they make a CORRECTION that is indeed admitting a mistake. Something Fox News rarely ever does.

Ah, yes...relativism to distract from the real problem, which is that they KNEW what they were doing in the first place because they had the whole remarks, in context, from the start.

Being an apologist for these tactics makes you look supremely silly.

#ButButButFoxNews

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I am not a professional journalist nor have I ever referred to myself as an "independent journalist."

I'm sure you're happy in your life as it is now - but maybe you should think about it

:-)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Lol are you from Ohio, you say this like it should be common knowledge...

I'm not even from the United States (which is why I said "even I"). I'm just somebody who reads history, and I was taking it for granted that Americans would know at least as much as me about their own country's history.

You are taking a lot for granted these days. We are talking about a country where there was a serious debate in one state to ax US history before the Civil War because it was deemed to be so long ago as to be irrelevant to modern students ... or something.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Total BS my friend... Common Knowledge lol

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Total BS my friend... Common Knowledge lol

That sounds like a more agggressive reaction that the explanation seemed to demand.
"Common knowledge" was your own expression, so you're laughing at yourself there.
Which of my statements do you think is total B.S.?
That I'm not from the United States? (You believe I'm an Ohio agent under cover?)
That I believed American journalists would know some American history? (What other reason would I have for saying so?)
If you refer to the premise "Americans WILL know American history", other members have already enlightened me on that point.

edit on 16-10-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

more ... that

Sorry, I meant "more... than". Typo.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Buhwahahahahahahahah 23 days.......

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen