It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ‘surprised’ Rosenstein won’t testify, after hearing his side of the ‘wire’ story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

President Trump told Fox News he is “surprised” Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein won’t testify Thursday on Capitol Hill about reports the Justice Department official suggested secretly wearing a wire to record the president, considering their conversation on Air Force One earlier this week.

Asked during his Fox News interview if he bonded with Rosenstein over distrust of McCabe, Trump took aim at both McCabe and former FBI director James Comey, calling them both "bad." He praised Rosenstein for writing a memo recommending Comey's firing.

“Andy McCabe is a bad guy,” Trump said. “And Comey is a very bad guy. … This country got very lucky when I fired him. And, as you know, Rod wrote a big memo about how horrible … Comey is. He is a horrible guy and he lied and he leaked.”

www.foxnews.com...

The problem is you can’t believe a damn word that the FBI says.

He is stalling. there will be no Blue wave and these Rats will finally PAY.

edit on 14-10-2018 by SofaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SofaKing

Rosenstein is garbage as well, don't know why trump is keeping him around but I trust trump knows what he is doing.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Rosenstein is garbage as well, don't know why trump is keeping him around but I trust trump knows what he is doing.

Trump has considerable leverage over them if they retain their current positions. When they are finally removed from their positions, that leverage goes away.

edit on 14-10-2018 by SofaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. I suspect that after the elections heads will roll.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I don't know if Rosenstien, McCabe, and the others are guilty of everything we can accuse them of. Certainly some investigations are in order. I don't know if we will ever know the whole truth. Some things I do know, NEVER EVER talk to police without a lawyer present. It's common sense, no matter how many times they say you are not a target, not a suspect and etcetera, don't believe them, as it is perfectly legal for them to lie and believe they do, will, and have.

We all know our politicians lie and do so on television, radio, in public and in private. They do, will, and have just as police. The Senate hearings, especially the public ones gave little to nothing to do with finding the truth, and everything with Senators getting television time and about making the perfect sound bite.

No reason for me to ever testify in front of a Senate Committee, and it's a good thing as I would happily tell them what bus to catch, the express straight to you know where. If they still required my presence, I would oblige the Committe and promptly plead the Fifth. Since this circus has started, I have seen people declare anyone who asserts the 5th Amendment as being guilty or they wouldn't do that. That could not be further from the truth, nor more in American, just like others we criticize. No reason to participate in convicting yourself, especially if you're innocent.

If they have the goods then they don't need me to help, and should expect me to assert my rights. It's how our system works, they have no responsibility to testify to a group of individuals more than likely guilty of worse, especially when it's a simple farce. They should allow the system to investigate and stay out of it, least they damage the whole process. Let me make it clear that NO ONE is guilty for asserting their Constitutional rights.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

trump is an idiot. Still trying to convince the American people that James Comey was a bad guy.
Mueller must have some real bad # coming up that trump has to constantly try to make all the players in this his enemy.
Because he is guilty and this thing is wrapping up soon enough.
I can only think this is just another distracting bit of nonsense that the moron throws out. No one in the real world believes anything he says. No one.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
trump doesnt know what hes doing from the moment his feet hit the floor in the morning until hes back in bed again.
what planet are you from?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I said in another thread he needs to keep him and neither accept his resignation if he's smart. This way he can parade him around and say, 'I trusted this guy and this is what he did to me'. It gives him a solid talking point about being undermined by career bureaucrats.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

"Still trying to convince the American people that James Comey was a bad guy."

He was a bad guy to you when he was investigating Hillary's emails....

Why the change of heart?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Lol, you still around?

When the Dims were embarrassing themselves live to the world during the Kavanaugh hearings you just disappeared, now that things settled and Trump and Kanye are bad again according to CNN you're back.

So predictable and actually kinda sad.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I thought you were done posting after another win with Team Kavanaugh ? Are you and Christine going to move together, or was that all smoke and mirrors like the Democrat Party ?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

trump is an idiot. Still trying to convince the American people that James Comey was a bad guy.
Mueller must have some real bad # coming up that trump has to constantly try to make all the players in this his enemy.
Because he is guilty and this thing is wrapping up soon enough.
I can only think this is just another distracting bit of nonsense that the moron throws out. No one in the real world believes anything he says. No one.

new topics

top topics

join