It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Unsure If Defense Chief Jim Mattis Will Step Down: ‘He’s Sort Of A Democrat’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

President Donald Trump suggested to CBS’ “60 Minutes” that Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis is “sort of a Democrat” who could be leaving his post relatively soon.
In a clip of the interview that is set to air in full Sunday evening, Trump said Mattis, a former Marine Corps general, hasn’t told him he planned to leave the administration but it “could be that he is.” “I have a very good relationship with him,” Trump told CBS’ Lesley Stahl. “I think he’s sort of a Democrat if you want to know the truth.
But Gen. Mattis is a good guy. We get along very well. He may leave. I mean, at some point, everybody leaves. People leave. That’s Washington.”

Mad Dog seems to be one of the few people that i know of in this administration that most everyone approves of.

everything i have read points to him being no nonsense yet level headed, fair and very intelligent.

we need people like that

edit on 14-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

and yes i know that nobody believes huffington

the clip is there though
from 60 minutes

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

When you click this form-field, this message will disappear.

Lol. Perfect!

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

yeah. hilarious

i hit enter by mistake and took 5 seconds to fix it

funniest thing ever...

now that you can see the body of the post do you have anything to say?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Not everyone has the stomach to deal with the corruption within D.C. I believe Nikki resigned for this motive.

If Mattis stepped down that would be a huge loss for the Trump administration.

The guy is amazing.
edit on 14/10/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I like Trump and he should keep Mattis . People say the ofiice of the potus is very restricted by the constitution but it seems he has a lot of power all to himself
edit on 14-10-2018 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Not everyone has the stomach to deal with the corruption within D.C. I believe Nikki resigned for this motive.

If Mattis stepped down that would be a huge loss for the Trump administration.

The guy is amazing.

i wondered about it too.

he seems to be the kind of guy that would not be involved in any of the drama that has been surrounding this administration.

and yeah. he seems to be just the kind of guy that needs to be there

tough
fair
intelligent
level headed

kind of the opposite of the administration he serves

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

kind of the opposite of the administration he serves

I think they're doing great so far.

Let's see what happens 'till 2020.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

yeah. hilarious

funniest thing ever...

Nothing personal. I just thought it was ironic that your post said no minimal content and that was the most minimal content.

So basically Trump said nothing other than he likes Mattis and of course the media acts like he is going to fire him. The usual BS.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Nothing personal. I just thought it was ironic that your post said no minimal content and that was the most minimal content.

So basically Trump said nothing other than he likes Mattis and of course the media acts like he is going to fire him. The usual BS.

it was not minimal content
it was no content

i hit enter by mistake
#ing hilarious

and vinifalou, of course it is my opinion.
i dont give other peoples opinion

and he said he could be leaving
and he said he is sort of a democrat

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yeah, and so are the convulated twisted headlines and out of context reporting. Nobody is stepping down, and Trump has alleged no such thing. The interview went from a general attack on his white house staff with claims of chao, to asking if he would leave.
Maybe it would be prudent to listen to the conversation. He said he doesn't know that mattis has said nothing to him. Upon further being pressed, he just said maybe. Everyone leaves at some point, a reference to the fact none of these positions are permanent and get reset after elections.

I still suspects Nikki resigned because she is pregnant.
edit on 10-14-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Funny how everyone who Trump thinks is his opponent in one way or another is a Democrat. God, Trump is such an idiot and even more so for going after Mattis because Mattis is loved by Republicans and has even garnered respect of the Left for being one of the few Adults in that poop show of an administration. So of course, Trump wants him out.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

yes i know

i posted what the article said which is exactly what you just said

mattis has not said he is leaving
he may leave

people leave

i guess it sounds better when you post it

i forgot that anything not awesome about trump causes people to jump into full defense mode.

i said nothing negative in the OP so calm down

just that most people approve of mattis and he is the type of person we need

guess that is wrong too

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

it was not minimal content
it was no content

i hit enter by mistake
#ing hilarious

and vinifalou, of course it is my opinion.
i dont give other peoples opinion

and he said he could be leaving
and he said he is sort of a democrat

Yeah I understand what happened. Still thought it was funny. No need to get all worked up about it.

Did Trump say one negative thing about Mattis? I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Funny how everyone who Trump thinks is his opponent in one way or another is a Democrat. God, Trump is such an idiot and even more so for going after Mattis because Mattis is loved by Republicans and has even garnered respect of the Left for being one of the few Adults in that poop show of an administration. So of course, Trump wants him out.

Funny how that is actually true... Progressives are his opponents and they are either Progressive Democrats or Progressive Republicans. To him the Progressive movement is defined as "Democrat", since by all measures the two words mean the same thing now.

However, if you actually watch the clip you will find that the HuffPo "gasp" took his comment out of context.

Just another left-wing op ed to keep you pumped up for the midterms.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

yeah. hilarious

funniest thing ever...

So you were in a rush to post this up...

Why's that?

Me thinks it's to be the first to board the outrage train to Trump town.

I really have no opinion on this matter regardless. General's come and go. His comment was taken out of context like usual.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Notice I did not accuse you, but the convulated headlines. Let me provide examples.

CBS: “Trump ‘60 Minutes’ interview: President suggests Defense Secretary James Mattis could leave Cabinet.”

Bloomberg: “Trump Hints Pentagon Chief Mattis May Be Planning to Quit.”

The Guardian: “Trump: Jim Mattis 'sort of a Democrat' and could quit as defense secretary soon.”

The Daily Mail: “Trump signals more Cabinet changes to come with General Mattis on the chopping block.”

Now you see why I would get defensi. I read this in other venues before I read it here. Just because I defended the POTUS does not mean I am attacking you. Perhaps you should quit trying to play your game of "aha! " All the time.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

yeah
look at all the outrage in my OP

said nothing negative all

one day i will learn my lesson though

anything not completely positive about trumps brings you guys out in full force

i hit a button by mistake and it gets turned into me rushing to post my outrage.

i also never said you were attacking me

but you guys are ridiculous

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

you guys are ridiculous

Quit assuming genders!

Reeeee!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
At least you learned your lesson. An honorable admission. I am satisfied.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Trump has a very fragile ego...If Mattis gets axed it's because of his comment calling trump a idiot.

www.militarytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join