It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should i resign from ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The information page on ATS speaks of goals and requirements of this great site, the intentions are clear, positive and highly desirable to the new subscribers with a head full of ideas that are begging for expression and fellow support from like minded subscribers.
However as a short term subscriber but Avid reader of threads of interest it is undeniable that the basic terms in said ATS information are ignored by more than a few but certainly NOT all.
In reading the "WE REFUSE" points i find ample proof of non adherence in threads, I've read in threads blatent name calling ( insults ), hate speech, and i could go on and on. In reading the "WE PROMISE " section i find in threads examination of ideas without manners being maintained.
I will point out that this is not rampant there are clearly good people on here as hoped by site controllers who set up standards but equally there is not.
Is this site to big to police and instigate its policies?, clearly i cant single out these posters or threads but an honest look inside all posters hearts would no doubt find that i speak the truth.
So, what am i to do-
Give up and concede that this site is no better than the system that its set up to encourage debate about. Or
Soldier on ignoring the policy breaking posters which makes me no better than them for continuing to subscribe to a site that does not "PRACTICE WHAT IT PREACHES IN TOTALITY ACROSS ALL THREADS IN A TIMELY MANNER", i.e IMMEDIATELY.
SHOULD POSTS BE DELAYED FOR SCRUTINIZATION PRE DISPLAY?.
Just today for example i read a thread where a poster calls a fellow poster "A DICK", need i say anymore.
You all know I'm correct. Whats the solution.
Complaint section is something i won't use as clearly it makes the complainer judgemental in the fact that they are assuming a certain point of view which goes against the grain of what tbe sites all about.
So ATS fellow members!, Whats the solution here?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Nobody GAF what you do.

Have nice day.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
No problem here. But my English sucks.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ALSTA

It's only really been this way since the Mud Pit forum was introduced and then Trump got elected. Before then ATS was the most civil site on the internet - the very reason I joined.

You'll find that, currently, most long-time members are taking an extended "break" from ATS, hoping it all settles down. I myself have taken a large step back - the vitriol and hatred being displayed here by supposedly respectful and intelligent human beings is disgraceful and quite frankly doesn't belong on this website.

EDIT TO ADD: In the time it took me to type this post I see some members have already proven my point. Lovely isn't it?

edit on 14/10/2018 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Depending on the forum certain things can be said. TRUST ME I have said many things that have got me in trouble. Just pay attention to the forum topic and act accordingly. Also I’m sure a MOD will be here shortly to help clear this up for ya.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Bwahaha. Sad but true. Nobody gives a hot bout nobody anymore!!

a reply to: Lysergic

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

When I first started using this site and for many years the standards have been very high, unfortunately Trump in the equation has really taken its toll, we've had many many long time members and great contributers leave and yes the political climate is ugly. Mods used to police the insults and the stupid but not anymore, personally I think they have given up the battle and I'm not sure this place will ever get back to what it was, the mud pit has been a disaster and has spilled over into just about every other forum.

However don't let a few rude insolent adult children get you down just ignore them and keep posting, personally I like what you bring to the table.
edit on 14-10-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
No problem here. But my English sucks.

As far as I can tell your English has always been pretty spot on. Just because you live in Japan doesn’t mean you speak and or type in English bad.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Whats the solution here?

the solution is to stop feeling so entitled that you have a right not to be offended....

The solution is to stop thinking youre so protected you wont be challengd

The solution is to grow a set and recognize that some of the world wont think like you .......embrace it and live life.......

No one owes you anything......

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Thanks, i was certain as displayed already that vindication would self appear which clearly it has.
I wonder if thr mods will vindicste their positions by acting accordingly or prove by removing this thread and posdibly my membership proving to all the good guys on the members list ( you know who you are ), that they are being decieved for the most part.
This is the essence of change.
Will it apply?
Is there really hope for the true christian in this society?
Time will tell.
Great work, thanks for the kind words.
And to any similiar post like the one if just responded to same goes, so i dont have to keep repeating myself in grattitude.
To all the obvious others, re read the information site and re evaluate your position.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

In plain as day breaches of the T&Cs, members will alert staff and posts will be removed. In some cases, words, sentences or even paragraphs can be snipped and the member warned. Threads get moved or trashed every single day.

In cases that are subjective we go for a consensus. This can involve a dozen staff opinions being debated through many posts. Decisions are sometimes very close and the majority will decide the action. Not everything is black and white.

Just today for example i read a thread where a poster calls a fellow poster "A DICK", need i say anymore.

You're complaining about something you haven't alerted. Alert it?! Staff are members first and don't 'audit' every thread for infractions. We read the threads that interest us unless there's a high-maintenance thread/topic that needs watching.

Complaint section is something i won't use as clearly it makes the complainer judgemental in the fact that they are assuming a certain point of view which goes against the grain of what tbe sites all about.

The owners created an alert system and complaints process because they want people to use it. Staff rely on alerts to action posts. If anyone sees bad language, insults, personal attacks etc flag it up so we can look at it.

Oftentimes a member can take offence at a post and feel doubly offended when the alerted post/thread isn't actioned. As I mentioned, people see things differently and one person's 'offensive post' doesn't bother others. Alert it and let the moderators get eyes on it.

Questions answered and thread closed.

top topics

join