It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Looks Like Bob Mueller is NOT Investigating President Trump for Obstructing Justice.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I agree this needs to come to a timely conclusion.

And as to what specifically is or has been investigated is not clearly known for all we know can be a giant web stretching in all directions.

I find it interesting reading an article today stating some of the information concerning the special council investigation will come out after the mid-terms. Obviously, whatever the announcements may be could influence the elections; that is concerning.

Somewhat agreeing with another poster, that if anything negative about Trump was there, a hint of as the "what" would have been leaked at some level. Personally, if there were any findings against Trump, I would like to know and not wait. If there are none, the same applies.

Mg

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
According to media Mueller will present his probe report just after the midterms. The fact he is doing it after the midterms leads me to believe he found nothing against Trump.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Obstruction of Justice was not part of his charter at all. If he uncovered evidence of obstruction of justice or any other crimes then his job would be to provide that information to others to investigate, like he has. His ultimate report will have conclusions based on Russia Collusion (conspiracy) and not much else.

However their may be other cases against Trump at that time but not directly from Mueller.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
According to media Mueller will present his probe report just after the midterms. The fact he is doing it after the midterms leads me to believe he found nothing against Trump.

Exactly right! There's a new thread on this subject posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Not necessarily, there is a 60 day period before the election where he is required by law to not interfere with the election. So he can’t indict anyone or even release his results.

I think most of his work is done except maybe the indictment of Roger Stone, which will probably happen this week or next. But I honestly think even if he does have something on Trump he wouldn’t release it anytime before this election. Why? Because he doesn’t want anyone to be able to use the line “This is purely political”. He wants politics out of it to the best of his abilities.

I have no idea if he has anything on Trump, but I would bet he does, there is too much smoke but I don’t think it will be as bad as the MSM paints it to be.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

The delay to indict is based on 2 parts.

1 - DOJ internal policies with regards to elections.
2 - Hatch Act

What they prohibit is for an employee of the Executive branch from engaging in partisan political activities. The act was primarily geared towards foreign nationals affecting our elections via donations etc.

A person who is running for office can in fact be indicted regardless of 60/90 days before an election. The reason for the DOJ policy stems from several incident in the past where politicians running for Congress found themselves under indictment weeks to a few days before an election. It also stems from the DOJ/FBI putting out inflammatory information regarding a political candidate where as the info in question had already been resolved long before the election.

It does not prohibit an FBI investigation nor does it prohibit the ability to issue an indictment or make an arrest off said indictment of a candidate running up to election day.

The issue with this is the reaction from political parties and their followers. Regardless of how much evidence is presented you know one side or the other will bitch and accuse the FBI/DOJ of meddling in an election.

Specifically addressing your indictment comment actually indictments can be issued. They generally go down the road of a sealed indictment to prevent its release during an election.

Sadly the Hatch act, designed to prevent foreign meddling or executive branch employees from meddling, became weaponized by both sides by claiming Hatch act violations in order to protect their hold on power during elections.

As for indicting a President I maintain my position a sitting President cant be indicted and there are several scotus rulings that support that position.

However since Trump is not running for office in this cycle there is no reason to hold off on his report until after the midterms since it doesnt affect anyone running for office. What I think is going on is Mueller has no case against Trump and Democrats are concerned if the report comes out before the elections Democrats are going to be embarrassed for pushing a lie. So he waits till after the midterms to release it.

Had Mueller found a crime Democrats would be leaking the info and demanding its release immediately.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join