It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrifying Encounter Just Now

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It's difficult to wrap your head around it. They say unidentified in a lot of these sightings, but mine was identified I can clearly see that it was a disc shaped craft and made of metal very smooth on curves on the edges and seamless like mold. Obviously highly advanced tech. Is it possible that it's military? Yes, but as big as it was there is no freaking way it could be stored or taken off from a airport hangar without someone snapping a photo or blowing the whistle. It was right out in the open for anyone to see. If it was so secret what's it doing out flying around LOL? It's so mind boggling to see something like that and it shouldn't be there, but there it was. The only rational category I can put it in is the Aliens or super top secret craft of some sort. With some sort of anti-gravity drive. I have seen jets, airplanes, flew in jets and airplanes they make a hell of a lot of noise and they don't hover and fly 2-3mph. I never got to see it take of like a bolt of lighting, but I can imagine it can move as fast and graceful as it can hover and float. I just watched it disappear into the distance and over a mountain range.
edit on 15-10-2018 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zadiel74
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Isn't it well documented that encounters with the "phenomenon" often cause irrational fear? And that some theorize that the phenomenon feeds off the negative emotion?

Not saying that's the case here. Just throwing the possibility out there.

I suspect your fully aware of those accounts though.

Absolutely.

I originated some of those theories.

I wasn't heckling the OP in any way..

I sincerely don't understand being so afraid at that range.

When I was jumped by an enraged dwarf shape in 2013,
I was paralyzed with fear for 10 minutes!

If it wanted to hurt me, I couldn't have resisted..

but of course it didn't want to hurt me.. it wanted to
frighten me.. which worked quite well.

I was rather embarassed that it's kungo woo was stronger
than my kung woo.. what can I say? I'm just an average
'shaman'. Sometimes you get the bear... (LOL!) sometimes
the bear gets you.

but I've never heard of an account, where the 'fear power'
worked from 1/3 o a mile away.

(even if it was just the mammalian freeze dna at work)

That's why I was asking questions... 1/3 of a mile is
awfully far away.. when the 'phenomena' in question
isn't even interested in you personally --- apparently.

Kev

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I don't know Kev, I saw a light in the sky a couple years ago that was starting and stopping in an erratic fashion and somehow, even though it looked like it was way up in the upper atmosphere, it gave me this horrible sense of fear and dread. I had to run inside and get away from it.

Wanted to add, the reason I saw it at all was because I felt suddenly drawn to look straight up in the sky, like it was trying to be seen. I was just walking from my house into my garage and not lollygagging around. I had something to do. I wasn't star gazing or anything.
edit on 10/15/2018 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou
Because even though prior to events like these, you tell yourself that you would take numerous pics just to get the proof AND EVEN demand proof from others to help you believe their stories, none of that # matters when you’re going through it. It’s one thing to talk about it and yet another to actually experience it. Pure terror, afraid to breathe, can’t even begin to understand what you’re even seeing with your own eyes and your body betrays you. Can’t move, can’t blink, etc, etc. Lack of pics doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I get the OP’s reaction and it rings true to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

I don't know Kev, I saw a light in the sky a couple years ago that was starting and stopping in an erratic fashion and somehow, even though it looked like it was way up in the upper atmosphere, it gave me this horrible sense of fear and dread. I had to run inside and get away from it.

Maybe I'm just jaded and resistant to fear.

Good point.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
edit on 15-10-2018 by ColdChillin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: sassycassie

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: SeaWorthy

In the event of "ghost encounters", or similar phenomena, the theory is that spikes in electromagnetic energy cause the nervous system in our bodies to go haywire, and that this "freezing/shock" is the result of those EM field effects on our body. So if this is even partially true, such reactions may be non-voluntary.

I hadn't even thought about EMF. Good point!

You can test this out personally yourself when you go on ghost hunts by monitoring the EMF detector and looking for spikes in activity and correlating it with your personal feelings/experiences.

In many cases it has been witnessed that EMF spikes occur at the same time that people freeze up in shock from inexplicable phenomena occurring around them.

wait...........

So are you saying that those spikes occur because of how people react biologically and that could cause a spike.........or because of the phenomena?

I'll just use an example:

I think it's extremely unlikely that a person could cause phenomena like a door somewhere nearby to shut and then cause footstep sounds 50 feet away via some form of telekinesis, so the most likely answer would be that the biological reaction is the result of an external source phenomena.

We would need to conduct extensive testing with many meters to really determine the answer to this but I have strong doubts the majority of these incidents are caused by an unknown process within the witness themselves. It seems much more plausible that an external unrelated EMF is generating the episodes and we as the observers are merely witnessing and reacting to these outside sources.
edit on 10/15/2018 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The Fear!

About. When you step outside for a smoke, it is routine, almost a ceremony. The tamping of pack of cigs for example. That is the "normal" or "routine" of the smoking ritual/sacrament. (Filthy habit, don't ever start kids!). But when that routine is broken with something unexpected, which I will give the general term name, "woo", to; then your mind-body has to react. For most mammals, the "fight or flight" instinct is one of the most basic and primitive responses that is already built in! And story of facing the woo, it is probably the one most respond with. Freeze. Process. Fight or flight? That is the now when brushing up against the woo. All processing comes afterward. Really gets your adrenalin pumping!!

Photos would be nice but when mammalian instincts kick in you can forget it!

OP had a close encounter of the first kind. A sighting within 500 feet. That is damn cool! Plus a little interaction.

With nothing else to glom onto (no personal experience to relate to), no wonder the guy is a nervous wreck! It is like stepping out of an airplane into free fall. Or stepping out the door of a helicopter and repelling down to a vertical wall of snow, there is just no way anybody can relate until they have done the same. That is the look everybody gives each other after parachuting: love. If you have done it, you know that look.

When it comes to woo scaring the sh# out of you... well, my best advice is to roll with it. It will soon pass. Then you wonder if you really experienced what you just experienced. Question your sanity. Etc. It is the first step on a longer journey.

Me. My BBT (big black triangle) came nearly a year after reading astr0's RK er, story (??). History? So I was not scared and had already seen an orange orb by that time anyway. Woo had been escalating so a triangle zipping around silently (and yeah KPB, it tried to project things into my noodle too! Mostly the different sounds it can mimic. It did some light movement too as it went invisible afterward it put lights into arrangement that mimicked a helicopter, a small plane, and jumbo jet), was not that big of a deal. By that time I was not terrified just fascinated as to how it works!

OP, hope you are not trolling and really are scared! I would like to believe there is tech out there that is being used to do more than scare the bejesus out of a guy smoking a grette at midnight!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The OP said yards...

until it’s literally about 500 yards from my face

With my eyesight, I wouldn't even have seen it..

When i got jumped, the 'critter' was 3 feet away from me..
there is a bit of a difference between 3 feet and 1500 feet..
but like I said.. to each their own fear.

As for 'BTUFOs' it's good for you to confirm that 'it' projected
things into your head too.

But we can't assume there was any technology involved..

Something that can 100% overwrite your senses could be any
of the following, or more:

1) Telepathic organic lifeform.
2) Telepathic energy matrix lifeform.
3) Telepathic mechanical lifeform (perhaps billions of years more advanced
so you wouldn't even know it was artificial)
4) Some non-living probe of some sort, perhaps billions of years more advanced)
5) A source-code alternation in our "simulation"
6) A simple hallucinogenic perhaps.
7) A simple 'skull/pulsed microwave effect

Now.. I don't buy 6 or 7 in my case at least, as 'it' had 100% full access to every
thought or memory that I've ever had.. even I don't have that much access..

Now no matter what this one:

8) What A**** said

Zero percent chance of that one. The trail on that one led to russia
among other places.
edit on 15-10-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdChillin

Oh I'm not saying it didn't happened.

Was just curious on why he didn't think of recording the most significant event in the history of the modern mankind.

But he already told us he didn't had his phone so it's all good.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

My bad. I thought it was feet.

The sound projection was off. I knew it right away. It was constant like a sampled sound regardless of heading towards me or away. I've been around airports long enough to know if a plane (or jet) is heading at me or away.

I also got a photo or two. Looks like a dot of light in the sky. Same with my buddy across town. A hallucination shared across town would be some feat! Especially since we both had photos that looked like a dot of light in the sky. I am leaning towards a tech solution of phase pulsed sonic gun or some such.

Telepathic creature? Why that kind of thinking leads to Maxwell's Demon screaming at me from the void. A crescendo of recursion leading to questions of all reality! I prefer to keep it simple.

One thing it did teach me is that what you casually look at up in the sky might be something else entirely!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I heard that fear can propel a person into a state where he or she gets tunnel vision and loses one's sense of hearing --- A lot like the actor (Tom Hanks - Captain Miller) on the WWII invasion beach at Normandy; during the movie "Saving Private Ryan" --- You can break-off that tunnel vision, by shifting your focus off the main object of terror, and shift your head and eyes left and right while searching for any other bad guys that might deserve it.

Based on my own nighttime fiery-balled foo fighter sighting in 1976...I certainly sensed a feeling of shock an awe, as I pondered at the significance of seeing it in it's landing phase. I would not recommend anyone rush pell mell into a situation where there is no guarantee for one's safety --- especially by someone trying to confront an up close red-orange fiery-balled foo fighter.
edit on 15-10-2018 by Erno86 because: added a couple of words

edit on 15-10-2018 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 15-10-2018 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Well all points in our 4D space-time are instantly and
completely accessible via a 5D manifold..which according
to string theory might just be true.

You can't assume on the information we have available..
I can't assume it's not mechanical either...

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the thing was a 'saucer
shaped thing' maybe 15 feet across, with trailing tentacles
that can assume any appearance it wants..

we need more information... but when people agree that
certain (or all) senses were overridden, that's a nice little
clue to start the investigation from..

And I don't consider your Maxwell's demon reference valid
in this case.. any form of life or technology, millions of
years in advance is magic to us.. which has been my
point all along actually...

Kev

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Yeah totally been thinking along those lines as a possible theory lately. Even to the extent is your biological self hooked up to your astral body consciousness and self conscious, maybe it would be possible to make marlyn Monroe appear and get touchy feely with her... 😵

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86Based on my own nighttime fiery-balled foo fighter sighting in 1976...I certainly sensed a feeling of shock an awe, as I pondered at the significance of seeing it in it's landing phase. I would not recommend anyone rush pell mell into a situation where there is no guarantee for one's safety --- especially by someone trying to confront an up close red-orange fiery-balled foo fighter.
Totally spot on

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: muzzleflash

Yeah totally been thinking along those lines as a possible theory lately. Even to the extent is your biological self hooked up to your astral body consciousness and self conscious, maybe it would be possible to make marlyn Monroe appear and get touchy feely with her... 😵

Well here's the deal, if we are willing to go so far as to assert that an individual human's electro-chemical nervous system is capable of manifesting a "ghost event", including physical manifestations such as footsteps, voices, moving objects, etc - which is telekinetic - than that implies we have a "EM body" which can affect physical reality at a distance.

The implication upon that implication is that "if" we have an EM body that can affect the world outside of our body in such a way - than doesn't it follow that after our body itself dies - that the EM body could linger and continue to create physical manifestations ?

So the existence of the telekinetic ability seems to imply that the after-death kinetic ability is also possible, and it seems unreasonable to think that if 1 is true, that 2 isn't necessarily true.

What I'm trying to get at here is Occam's Razor - that actual 'ghosts' seem to be the most simple explanation and do not require telekinetic powers on the part of the living observer. Whereas the theory that it is purely a telekinetic self-generated event seems to be much more complicated and even implies that ghosts are likely also true at the same time.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bcs8484
Wow. Totally believe you and the experience will never leave you. I had one although not quite that freakish but did see a craft in 1975. As it was going away from me I pulled my 1964 1/2 mustang up at an angle in a grader ditch and flashed my lights at it. In my case in the snap of a finger it was hovering 500 to 1000 feet above the ground 500 yards or so in front of me. It was like a giant strobe light very bright no colored lights. I got out of the car to listen for sounds. None. When another car was coming up the hill and a small airplane began to enter the area in a flash it moved above some trees and straight up vanished. All I saw was a a purple streak or negative image in my retina of a bright light.. That was it. Good luck. I hope you don't get a visit from the dark government. Your case is awful close. Watch for weird phenomena in the area.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DividedByZero
Stories like these are tempting to believe for the open-minded, but there is 99.99% of the time a logical normal explanation for them and it usually comes down to two things: mind-altering drugs or mental illness. After having read so many accounts like these that either turned out to be hoaxes or fantastical, exaggerated descriptions, my intuition tells me to caution against believing what you have claimed as factual.

Well, I do agree that most have an explanation..but U.F.O is an acronym that infers just as it says..unidentified. “Drugs or mental illness” is just an unnecessary insult. My intuition tells me to caution closed minded people. If you think you can identify anything and everything you see in the sky I’m sure Lockheed’s Skunkworks should be beating on your door any time now.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
a reply to: Bcs8484

Sounds to be you had plenty of time to get some kind of camera device and take pictures..

And I am sure you got a cute excuse for that
By seeing you have a former interest in the subject.. I would believe photographic evidence would be the first thing you thought of when experience this.

I for one do not believe your story before you present some form of evidence.. As do most people I would guess

I don't carry my phone with me everywhere I go. If I go to sit outside, it's to sit outside, not stare at my phone screen. I'm just not that invested in staying connected to that degree.

I wouldn't be able to get a decent pic anyway, even if I did have it. I so rarely take pictures, that I have to try to remember which buttons, etc. when I do and they're almost always a blurry mess on first try.

As to the OP, I dunno myself. I've only ever seen one thing that I simply couldn't explain and I figure it may have been a drone. The lights definitely did not belong where they were and they were too close to the ground to be a plane or copter. Was too dark to get a look at whatever it was though. And no, I couldn't have gotten pics. I was driving at the time and no place to pull over as it was a no-parking zone.

I can get behind your eerie feeling and the fear though. Ever since they changed our streetlights to those awful LED ones, our street looks like something from Silent Hill when the mists roll in and I hate it. I feel nothing but unease and now rush to get inside when I do have to come home late from work. Ugh. Used to love taking nighttime walks to the Pokestops near our house, now I won't do it.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: sean
......They say unidentified in a lot of these sightings, but mine was identified I can clearly see that it was a disc shaped craft and made of metal very smooth on curves on the edges and seamless like mold.

Yes, the term UFO has often become muddied with the connotation of Alien Space Ships. So, because you clearly see a defined shape - a disk - and a shiny surface, you are unhappy for it to be called 'unidentified'? I'm not sure if I understand your reasoning there. Granted, what you claim to have seen is clearly extraordinary, but that doesn't mean you have identified what it is!

Hynek put unidentified flying objects into categories:

Nocturnal Lights
Daylight disks
Radar-Visuals
Close Encounters of the first kind (Sightings with high level of details from less than 500 feet separation)
Second Kind (Sightings where there are claimed physical effects)
Third Kind (Where beings/creatures/occupants are witnessed)

From what you have described, your sighting is very high up the scale. But you still don't know what it is.
The term UFO is so misused, most official military reports in the UK from the mid 90's use different acronyms like UAP - unidentified aerial phenomena. Note that it's still impossible to get away from the Unidentified part, when coming up with an acronym for something that is fundamentally and intrinsically unknown.

Obviously highly advanced tech. Is it possible that it's military? Yes, but as big as it was there is no freaking way it could be stored or taken off from a airport hangar without someone snapping a photo or blowing the whistle. It was right out in the open for anyone to see. If it was so secret what's it doing out flying around LOL? It's so mind boggling to see something like that and it shouldn't be there, but there it was. The only rational category I can put it in is the Aliens or super top secret craft of some sort. With some sort of anti-gravity drive. I have seen jets, airplanes, flew in jets and airplanes they make a hell of a lot of noise and they don't hover and fly 2-3mph. I never got to see it take of like a bolt of lighting, but I can imagine it can move as fast and graceful as it can hover and float. I just watched it disappear into the distance and over a mountain range.

I agree. It seems illogical to have something that is Cosmic Top Secret and then fly it over a major city or anywhere that is even sparsely populated.

In 1991, I saw a very large black triangle (with a pair of red lights in each corner) up in North Wales, with 3 other witnesses, whilst I was driving. We pulled over to observe the massive craft, not far from Bala lake. It clearly wasn't an aircraft in any normal sense because it wasn't using airfoil sections to stay aloft - it was 'floating' silently - and then able to accelerate in a really un-natural looking fashion for something of that size (the size of about about 3 football fields - enormous). The sighting in total was about 1 minute - but it felt like time stood still. It left me with an unusual feeling too, one that has never gone away if I'm honest and difficult to describe.

It seemed to contravene the laws of physics - so clearly, there's a whole bunch of science here that regular folk just don't know about. Extra-terrestrial origin? Possibly - I'm open minded enough to accept that it could be, but it might also have been super tech being tested by the military over the Welsh mountains in the early hours. Nobody knows - and likely never will, or at least - not in my lifetime.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join