It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrifying Encounter Just Now

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

In the event of "ghost encounters", or similar phenomena, the theory is that spikes in electromagnetic energy cause the nervous system in our bodies to go haywire, and that this "freezing/shock" is the result of those EM field effects on our body. So if this is even partially true, such reactions may be non-voluntary.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

In the event of "ghost encounters", or similar phenomena, the theory is that spikes in electromagnetic energy cause the nervous system in our bodies to go haywire, and that this "freezing/shock" is the result of those EM field effects on our body. So if this is even partially true, such reactions may be non-voluntary.

I hadn't even thought about EMF. Good point!

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If this helps?
Given the rough estimate of the OP's location He/She is pretty much probably in the Pine Barrens of NJ where other weirdnesses have occurred (allegedly anyways)

www.nj.gov...

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: sassycassie

You can test this out personally yourself when you go on ghost hunts by monitoring the EMF detector and looking for spikes in activity and correlating it with your personal feelings/experiences.

In many cases it has been witnessed that EMF spikes occur at the same time that people freeze up in shock from inexplicable phenomena occurring around them.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Oh, I know all about electromagnetic fields. I just didn't think about that as an explanation for his fear in that particular instance. But I suppose to really know for sure, one would have had to have been there.

link   

Oh, I know all about electromagnetic fields. I just didn't think about that as an explanation for his fear in that particular instance. But I suppose to really know for sure, one would have had to have been there.

link   

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I have no idea why that posted so many times, and I don't know how to delete a post here. I'm pretty sure technology hates me.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: watersabove

Nothing creates as much fear as the unknown.

Look in all seriousness there is nothing to worry about. Go get some sleep and next time keep a six pack in the fridge and a bag of green to help you relax.

It's just the fairies man. You didn't think they were gonna sit down and let us destroy the planet did you?

Just the fairies man. Leave a bowl of raw milk and a small bowl of honey at the forest edge.

It's their favorite kind of offering other than Chicago or New York pizza.

It's just the fairies having a parade.

Though that fog business makes me think of Stephen Kings the mist.

Also...we always knew if he'll was going to overrun earth Jersey was going to be the first to go.

Also buy a good knife and keep it on you.
Cause if that wasn't the Fey...then whatever it was knows you saw them.

They know you saw!

"Sleep with One Eye Open".....

It's not too late to leave the milk and honey offering.
They might even give you some otherworldly reassurance afterwards.

But make no mistake, they know you have seen them, and they KNOW WHERE YOU SLEEP!!

It should be ok though I have seen some similiar things myself here and there.

Nothing to worry about so long as you don't have any young children around and you own a cat so it can guard the Doorway between world's.

You do own a cat right? If so no worries so long as you treat him well................
"Iiiii seeeeee youuuuuu"

Hahaha happy Halloween B#
I love you man don't worry about it. Just have a drink and tell some friends so you can hear their laughter and jokes. It will make you feel better.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
This thread, and those like them, are the reason if anything really, really, out of the ordinary happened to me -- supernatural, or alien-craft related, I wouldn't post it here.

People ask for these type threads back, and when there is one, look what happens.

No pictures? Really? Anybody who has seen anything strange knows if they don't have a camera on them, by the time they get back with it, they will have missed the phenomenon. So you drink it in, trying to remember the details while you can.

It's like trying to get a pic of a deer in your yard, or a baby's first steps, or your cat making that one funny face...

You don't always have your phone on you when you want to take a picture.

It's also hard to think straight when you're scared... and even if this happened to me, and I had my phone in hand, I doubt I'd be brave enough to hold it up and take a pic... surrounded by strange lights, unintelligible voices, and mist monsters? Dude, I'd go all Alan Grant facing a pissed off t-rex, too, and make with the stillness, let the wild hunt party on without me.

No one should 'just believe' anyone, but neither should anyone be bashed for sharing a story... it really does discourage others from following suit.

And yeah, maybe this dude's on something... who's to say? It's a neat story, anyway.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Can I share my one and only UFO sighting in this thread? This was around 1997. My band was traveling up highway 55 in Mississippi late after a gig in Biloxi. It was about 2:30-3:00 am by that time. I’ll save the sad news for later, but we observed what appeared to be 3 helicopters in a backwards triangle formation flying northbound at roughy the same speed we were driving. We videotaped all our performances then, so we had a 90s Hi 8(?) type camera and stated recording. The shock came as it decended. It was not 3 helicopters, the 3 lights descended as 1 piece in the grass by the highway. We pulled over, still taping this. Here’s comes the extended “ughhh”. My drummer from back then has/had that tape. We don’t talk anymore, a band is like an intense marriage. Always together, always getting on each other’s nerves. So we don’t speak and haven’t in 20 years at least. I would love to get the tape because it did exist, but I doubt if I could get it even if I tried. Not on speaking terms and never will. Sad, I miss the guy..and that tape. Undeniable evidence. I don’t expect anyone to believe me with “pics or it didn’t happen”. Totally understand. Just the 1 time I saw something, in my eyes, truly extraordinary.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Stories like these are tempting to believe for the open-minded, but there is 99.99% of the time a logical normal explanation for them and it usually comes down to two things: mind-altering drugs or mental illness. After having read so many accounts like these that either turned out to be hoaxes or fantastical, exaggerated descriptions, my intuition tells me to caution against believing what you have claimed as factual.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Bcs8484
Could be a bad burrito? It happens you know, you got to watch what you eat or ingest, could also be a bad cheeseburger, now are you sure you did not eat anything beyond its expiration date before you started seeing all that?

And besides even if it was not a case of a bad burrito, sounds like some sort of fairy stuff. I would not worry about them, there pretty harmless, unless you piss them off. And if you did piss them off, well you would not be around to write all that. But anyways, # happens, and really, its the gnomes you have to watch out for, they hold grudges.

edit on 1amMondayam152018f1amMon, 15 Oct 2018 01:32:16 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
On your Reddit post you mentioned in the reply comments that you're going to report it to Mufon. That's a good start.

Maybe it's more paranormal related rather than a UFO. Such as to say dimensional paths crossing. With that suspicion ask neighbors or others nearby to the area to see if they seen anything along the lines of what you're sharing from that time or other times. Also, look into history of the area as you may find similar accounts.

There's a good link on the previous page about encounters to the area.

Hope ya keep us updated.

edit on 15-10-2018 by dreamingawake because: added about link

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Yeah like would you say the beam you couldn’t see from the triangle craft instilled this fear? Maybe? Like the weaponized emotional distorted was really doin it’s thing?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
As the old saying goes seeing is believing. I believe you. I had similar experiences the most shocking one while at a KOA campground. It was round and disk shaped, only this thing was as big a house. No kidding. I was so shocked that couldn't move for a few seconds my butt was cemented to the picnic table. It glided directly above me and slightly higher than I believe a 35-40 ft tree just a few feet from me. It passed over the tree just enough to go over it. If I could throw a rock hard enough I could ding it off the bottom of this thing. It moved about as fast as a person walking 2-3mph maybe? The whole thing was spinning counter clockwise extremely slow as fast as it was moving it seemed. Partially lit up inside the bottom of it faint yellowish/orange glow in it's underbelly. Not one sound coming from it. No hum nothing. That's what was so fascinating. It looked odd and eerie to see something so big glide so graceful and silent. It looked smooth curved metallic black gun metal. Crazy at it sounds. After seeing something like this you have a new perspective on things. Only thing that fits my mind is that it isn't from this Earth and if it is military, my question would be why is the military messing around with jet planes when they got stuff like this in their possession? It was truly out of this world.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Isn't it well documented that encounters with the "phenomenon" often cause irrational fear? And that some theorize that the phenomenon feeds off the negative emotion?

Not saying that's the case here. Just throwing the possibility out there.

I suspect your fully aware of those accounts though.
edit on 15-10-2018 by Zadiel74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I don't post very much, long time lurker.

A few things bothered me about this thread, firstly, have the people who ask for pictures ever been completely stunned or taken aback by something they saw?

Time slows down and you freeze, as others have mentioned. Usually these events last mere moments and personally, I wouldn't want to take the chance of potentially missing something, if I could even muster up the ability to move. I'm not saying if I believe him or not, but I am saying it's incredibly hard to get proof of something you see when it's completely unexpected and catches you by surprise.

Secondly, is it really that hard to believe he was scared? Does the distance really matter? I'd say most people are afraid of things they can't explain, it's not that hard to believe, deer in headlights baby.

And thirdly, whats the deal with the hate about Hallucinogens or Psychedelics? I'm not advocating their use, and I haven't taken the time to see which ones he was experimenting with. However I have experimented in the past with traditional psychedelics, and there are a few things I believe. One thing I believe is that they can expand your mind. They can make you more aware, when you are on them and off, it's all about how you use them.

However, if he was sober as he claimed, taking psychedelics previously would NOT create hallucinations in a sober state of this grandeur, and it's ridiculous that some people are disregarding what OP is saying because of it. There is a lot of bad blood about psychedelics and I wish people who are so against them would take the time to properly research them and their history. I'm sure most of you know that psychedelics have been used for thousands of years to learn and perceive reality in a way beneficial to whoever was using them. Also, I'm sure some of you know about some theories of certain psychedelics coming from space or "aliens", and even the ancients using them to be in contact with such beings. But that's neither here nor there.

Anyways, I apologize for the long rant, OP I appreciate you sharing your story. I would suggest taking some time in a quiet space once you're relaxed to try and physically write down all the details you can remember. I'd try to arrange them in a more concise and articulated way. Perhaps you'll recall some details you've forgotten to mention here. Try to get everything down.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: sassycassie

You can test this out personally yourself when you go on ghost hunts by monitoring the EMF detector and looking for spikes in activity and correlating it with your personal feelings/experiences.

In many cases it has been witnessed that EMF spikes occur at the same time that people freeze up in shock from inexplicable phenomena occurring around them.

wait...........

So are you saying that those spikes occur because of how people react biologically and that could cause a spike.........or because of the phenomena?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Bone chilling and anxiety.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join