It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrifying Encounter Just Now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

I smoke a little and always look up at the stars if I'm away from light pollution. On a tangent, I also have tried to use my camera to photograph the stars and results are very poor. If a strange light in the sky showed up I wouldn't waste time getting the camera going and would sooner focus attention on sussing out what I was seeing.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

When I saw the big honkin BTUFO, while in my underwear
at the recycling bin in my yard, I did a quick calcuation
of how long the incident might last, given the apparent
rate of travel. I estimated that I had at most 30 seconds
before it flew out of visual range, unless it did happen
to stop and hover, eat my house cats, or whatever it
might do.

That's the reason I didn't run for a camera. My house was
2600 sqft at the time and before I could have gotten
back, it would have been gone, as it quite correctly
turned out.

But as you say.. that's why I burned all the details into
my mind and drew a careful diagram of it within minutes
of it being gone, so that I wouldn't miss something in the
future, or have the 'revisionist memory' thing strike me,
like seems to happen to so many others.

Now all this said.. it's my opinion, that a camera, even the
best one in the world wouldn't have caught anything..
even if it was 1 foot away and I was touching it.

It seemed to me that my visual cortex was being hacked
with the images, and I have 'proof' of that.. (the whole
rivets thing).

In my view?

If you can take a picture of it, it's mis-identification,
or man-made--- so basically no point in taking or
worrying about pictures.. unless you are trying to
catch photos of venus, experimental government
jet planes, meteors, or the like.

If you want to experience a 'true ufo', put your
camera away--- it's pointless.

Kev

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
To be honest believing or not believing a story like that right away is equally wrong.
It is impossible to tell from an internet post if the person is telling the truth or not, if it was a hallucination or some other substances involved, if it's a troll or a honestly scared person. Even with some pictures or video you cannot prove anything. So many times I thought I saw something in the night sky and wanted to take a pic of it but then I realized my phone or camera wouldn't even cache that spec of light behaving suspicious. Hell, I can hardly take a decent pic of the full moon...
So all this "pics or it didn't happen" thing is a bit ridiculous especially when the person keep telling they were scared out of their wits.
On the other side if I would ever see something like that and have no other evidence than my own memory of it I would still probably want to talk about it with other people.
I think the only smart thing we can do when somebody posts something like this is to keep asking, keep reading and take mental notes in case of similar stories that can pop up later.
Oh, and of course deciding to stop going outside for a smoke in the middle of the night. Is not worth it.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

If you can take a picture of it, it's mis-identification, or man-made--- so basically no point in taking or worrying about pictures.. unless you are trying to catch photos of venus, experimental government jet planes, meteors, or the like.

I'm drawn to the same conclusion for most reports. Maybe a few outliers like Minot 68 where radar and multiple witnesses described the same things. Generally I think people saw what they say they saw and cameras aren't a part of the experience. For example, I know people who are very steady and non-superstitious who say they've seen big black cats, ghosts, bigfoot and UFOs. It's on a perception level and therein lies the rub.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Far out man.
This is where Google Glass comes in handy

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

When I saw the big honkin BTUFO

I’m going to be a noob and ask what the “BT” stands for. I’ve been trying to figure it out and I can’t. Google also provides no info. I see it used on here frequently, so I think it’s vital I know so I can understand the situations fully.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neechavela

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

When I saw the big honkin BTUFO

I’m going to be a noob and ask what the “BT” stands for. I’ve been trying to figure it out and I can’t. Google also provides no info. I see it used on here frequently, so I think it’s vital I know so I can understand the situations fully.

Thanks in advance!

you betcha.

BT = Black Triangle, one of the most commonly 'seen'
classes of 'UFOs' according to reporting agencies.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

edit on 14-10-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: Duplicate-why doe this happen?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

But why all the fear?

I saw a UFO once, and the entire experience was so surreal I had no way of processing what it was I saw. I wasn't afraid that night - but a few days later it hit me

I can't judge another person's experience - and I won't try. But, I totally get the fear

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

If you can take a picture of it, it's mis-identification, or man-made--- so basically no point in taking or worrying about pictures.. unless you are trying to catch photos of venus, experimental government jet planes, meteors, or the like.

I'm drawn to the same conclusion for most reports. Maybe a few outliers like Minot 68 where radar and multiple witnesses described the same things. Generally I think people saw what they say they saw and cameras aren't a part of the experience. For example, I know people who are very steady and non-superstitious who say they've seen big black cats, ghosts, bigfoot and UFOs. It's on a perception level and therein lies the rub.

Yup.

Now one easy explanation would be self-delusion.. a psychotic break
with reality.. but some of the most boring people alive, who have never
had one creative/out there thought in their entire lives 'see' things.

Of course some people's 'delusions' give them radiation burns'
or kill their pets/cattle/horses, etc.

So it certainly seems that *something* is there in many cases.

Kev

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Indubitably.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Yeah I'm the same, i seen a white or light long rectangular shape that was moving away from me and keeping the same length as the trajectory would assume, I'm always looking up to the sky, i see planes all the time as I'm 18 and 22 miles away from two airports in Scotland so i just need to look up and there's planes, i once had a plane coming towards me with its head lights on my heart raced till it past and i seen the body, for a second i thought an alien ship was cmin right at me lol...the plane passed overhead! Any way what i seen was not a plane but unidentified.
And it was rubbish compared to the one and only time i seen a meteor fireball, the difference is though that the meteor passed over our heads and we heard it, whereas the ufo was at least 20 miles away

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Why even bother asking for photographs? Everyone would say it's fake anyways.

Oh well.
I always end up shrugging my shoulders and saying "I Dunno" about stuff like this.
Because I realize I honestly don't know.

I'd have to actually be there and witness it myself to have a decent idea.

Strange thing about us humans, when something big or really weird happens we do freeze. I learned this when something happened and I could not move or speak I was so stunned. It is just like they say you freeze and watch and listen but can't react. That can truly get you killed too and people wonder why didn't he do something.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthyStrange thing about us humans, when something big or really weird happens we do freeze. I learned this when something happened and I could not move or speak I was so stunned.

Totally agree here the freeze thing really does take place

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
So, you have a "fake" ATS account?

And if it was about an hour ago and 1145pm, it was October 13, not the 14th. Sorry to be a stickler...

What he's saying is he didn't create a fake account, or that's what my understanding is. Many people create fake accounts, but this one is from 2009, so it appears the OP didn't set up a 2018 account as a proxy.

Interesting story OP. I've heard similar things recently.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
No offense but if i copy and paste your story, then look through your posts on reddit , it shows you have a history of doing mind altering drugs ( not alcohol or mary jane, stronger) soooooo......

Hard to say in any real terms if this actually happened or if this is something "other"

If mind altering drugs are an issue than most people on ATS should never post. Many people are on full-time prescription Big-Pharma mood, and anti-psychotics, however I'll always listen to anyone that has something to tell on ATS.

Everyday we do and accept mind altering substances, maybe not what people label as drugs, but they are equally delusional. TV, MSM, ATS, Hollywood, and more. Mind altering is how we are being programmed, and subjective as hell.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
This thread, and those like them, are the reason if anything really, really, out of the ordinary happened to me -- supernatural, or alien-craft related, I wouldn't post it here.

People ask for these type threads back, and when there is one, look what happens.

You make a very important point.

Personally, I think the OP sounds like a mish-mash of elements of the Rendlesham Forest incident and Skinwalker Ranch stories, and the OP's continued expression of Incredulity and Fear seems suspicious to me. But I'm open to further information and, yes, drawings to help convince me more that I'm not being taken for a ride.

And I'll leave it at that, rather than launch into one of the more vicious responses to the OP that left me feeling quite surprised and, yes, rather embarrassed for the forum itself.

Come on, guys, we can do better than this, surely? TACT should be the name of the game, or else these kinds of 'personal experience' threads WILL become extinct.

Listen to Kandinsky's earlier words, too.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bcs8484

Yeah, just when the fecal matter touches the Lycra™ of Your 'fund-a-wear' say "Jesus". But make sure You pronounce the GEE like 'Geezus' if You do "Hey Zeus" You just might scare up a Dominican shortstop...

Oh...

It'll help...

Or show NO FEAR at ALL and get 'them' to bend to YOUR will...

Notice the difference? One is based in 'fear' and One isn't. I'll let You in on a secret for FREE which any Church™ will charge You for... Ready? The part that animates You is ETERNAL; ergo You are ETERNAL. You can see for YourSelf and leave PastorDave counting the $$$ in the hat...

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I keep going back on whether or not I believe this story. On the one hand, I know that if it were me I would want someone to believe me. And I know that when someone is afraid they tend to freeze up. Also, I have heard stranger things. On the other hand, when someone is telling the truth they don't usually start by trying to convince everyone that they're telling the truth. That's kind of a red flag to me. Whatever the case may be, I hope you find the answers you're looking for. And I really hope that you're not just trolling everyone.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
TBH, I'd just drive me ol' Jeep to the woods , crank on my custom high beams and have a looksie.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join