It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrifying Encounter Just Now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
1) ruckus in the woods - folks camping and/or partying
2) lights in woods - campfire
3) mist = smoke being illuminated by lights
4 ) flying object - possible drone havin a look at ya

Remember - "Fear is the path to the dark side" - Yoda

Now you should feel much better.

edit on 10/14/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Me too, he saw what he saw.....I've seen the same type.....and mainly right now these last two days something is up!!

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Interesting!
In what way do you think "something's up?"
Just my personal curiosity, not looking to debate your experiences.

Actually I feel bad for the OP, kinda like being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Of course the normal thing to do is rule out any potential misconceptions, like kids partying in the woods, or specially the banging noises could be anything from someone building a illegal deer blind to whatever, but a short hike back into the area should clear that up. Altho with meth labs popping up I'd be recommending the OP take some friends to go look.

Only advice I can give is "weirdness" seems to usually be cyclical and will pass. Ignoring it is usually the best thing.
JMO

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Actually I feel bad for the OP, kinda like being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In more ways than one! A lot of members miss the UFO experience threads then when one shows up the OP gets beaten up. The next person with a claim sees a thread go south and thinks, "to hell with posting my story." It's the way of the world and people are entitled to bring salt to such threads. It's better to disagree in a friendlier way so as not to discourage people with better claims imo.

Misperception is always my first thought in stories like this. Who knows? The thread reminds me of poor old Frank Manor and the notorious 'swamp gas' sighting of '66. Hullabalucination is such a great word too. Manor would have been chased off ATS in three shakes, "Where's your pictures Frankie?!"

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bcs8484

How did this happen to you at 11:45 PM on October 14th?

It is now only 10:55 AM pm October 13th.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Why even bother asking for photographs? Everyone would say it's fake anyways.

Oh well.
I always end up shrugging my shoulders and saying "I Dunno" about stuff like this.
Because I realize I honestly don't know.

I'd have to actually be there and witness it myself to have a decent idea.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thanks for that, you said it perfectly.

When something is anecdotal ie no photo's, no tech monitoring equipment all you can do is say what you saw/experienced. For most people that is never going to be enough, which is fair and fine.

My personal ax to grind is I KNOW what I may have seen is only a portion since a human's eyes can't see in all spectrums. That means making sense, or heads & tails of it virtually impossible. It also means that screaming for pics is useless as well, since most common camera's also are unable to.

However the more people share their pieces' parts it is possible to come up with patterns, similarities, behaviors that can give us more clues to follow. That's never going to satisfy the folk who want hard evidence, but it's what we have to work with.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
About the whole photo/video evidence conundrum.... I shutter to think that there are that many people that cannot live without their phone so long as to step outside in the middle of the night to have a smoke and NOT take their said electronic device with them.....

If I ever experienced something like this, I wouldn't get pics or vids. hell, I probably wouldn't know where to find my phone, let alone figure out how to work the camera thing in time. I use my phone for calls & quick notice txt messages only. No web, no data, it takes pictures and videos, but only if one of my kids get ahold of it. I don't know how to work those features and honestly care nothing of learning.

My point is that not everyone in the world walks around with an electronic device stuck up their arse.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
a reply to: weirdguy

Me too, he saw what he saw.....I've seen the same type.....and mainly right now these last two days something is up!!
I've also experienced a craft very similar late last year in the Australian outback. I think anyone who has witnessed them can relate to the op

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Jusvistn

me too i seem a ufo and posted about it, it was boring and far away, but defo UFO, thought i should get phone then thought but what if i miss something so I didn't.... Oh well, i seen it and don't care if anyone believes me 😃
edit on 14-10-2018 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This thread, and those like them, are the reason if anything really, really, out of the ordinary happened to me -- supernatural, or alien-craft related, I wouldn't post it here.

People ask for these type threads back, and when there is one, look what happens.

No pictures? Really? Anybody who has seen anything strange knows if they don't have a camera on them, by the time they get back with it, they will have missed the phenomenon. So you drink it in, trying to remember the details while you can.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Why couldn't you take a picture?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Jusvistn

LOL!!!

Besides, you just nipped outside for a quickie! Nothing is "supposed" to be out of the ordinary right outside your front door. As a smoker I can assure everyone that when you need the nicotine you really aren't thinking about anything else.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Dozens of UFO sightings start with the famous line, "I'd just gone outside for a smoke." It's almost a cliché and very nearly a trope in ufology. I wonder if any ufologists have run a statistical analysis on smokers as a percentage of UFO percipients?

Here's another one, 'man walking dog finds body.' Combine the two and who knows what will happen? "Yes officer, I stumbled on the body after pursuing Venus whilst walking my dog and having a smoke."

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I posted a thread yesterday about seeing a disk, and unfortunately with the short amount of time I had to get my phone and start videoing the tree line had obscured the object. So I can see how you might not have any recordings.

I want to believe you, for sure. Is it at all possible to go into the area in the woods during the day time and perhaps take some photos and video to show some possible evidence?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky that's because smokers probably look at the sky by average more than any other person because it's the first thing they do after that first drag they blow it out and gaze through the smoke into the night sky, and they can be out there ten times a night, so they are out all the time stargazing, u no smoke no?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Just a couple questions;

1)

I’m even using my real account

So are you saying that you use multiple accounts on ATS?
That is against the terms of service, just to let you know,
if you didn't read them when you signed up.

2) Ok.. you saw some mist and some lights. You say you are absolutely
terrified.

Why?

Did the mist/lights attack you? Communicate threats to you?
come close to you personally? You said 500 yards away..
that's almost a 1/3 of a mile away..

Are you frequently afraid of things that are 1/3 of a mile away?

Why do you say that people are not supposed to see these things?
Is there someone in charge of what humans are supposed to see?

I'm not being a smart ass.. or a skeptic.. you may have well seen
some ground fog or who knows what.. it could have been
anomalous.

But why all the fear?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

UFOs are real because we can't identify them, that's a fact.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

UFOs are real because we can't identify them, that's a fact.

you are saying that unidentified objects are real because we cannot
identify them.

That is a truism or 'tautology'.

I can't argue with statements of 1 = 1.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I found a UFO while walking a dog

True story

:-)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>