It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... Are we just going to ignore real problems?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
So unemployment is low and the stock market is high! Good news, right?

Well, maybe not.

The middle class is still shrinking even while unemployment is nearing record lows.

The rich are getting more and more of the money, percentage wise, than ever before.

Things that need to be changed such as prisons for profit, efforts towards solving the climate change issue, the war on drugs, and increasing levels of poverty are being ignored - the nation is too focused on media topics that in the end are just sole examples of what the elite can get away with - no attention is being paid to how to stop it.

Both Democrat and republican leaders continue to help the rich and themselves grow in power and money, yet the citizens still play partisan politics and act like those in DC stand for a single thing that the people want.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Well I believe the government is doing a great job so far.

Those things take time.

See, the previous administration had 8 years to fix all that and look where we are.

ETA: But you do have a point there, the partisan sheesh needs to end. United we stand, right?

edit on 14/10/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
They always say "the middle class is shrinking".

They never say where the middle class is going.

Maybe it's not down.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Of course we're going to ignore real problems, Trump's tweets and what the media decides to shove down or throats any given week are what's important, I have to show those guys pin the other side that I'm right and that they're wrong! That's what's important right now.
edit on 10/14/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Of course we're going to ignore real problems, Trump's tweets and what the media decides to shove down or throats any given week are what's important, I have to show those guys pin the other side that I'm right and that they're wrong! That's what's important right now.

I know wot of people give you flack for some unknown reason but you generally are on point.
The MSM feeds people crap and ignores what is actually going on. Whilst everyone is looking over here the real news is happening over there.
Tis a sad fact for humanity.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Things that need to be changed such as prisons for profit

Agreed, and I hope that is an integral part of the prison reform I am hearing about.

efforts towards solving the climate change issue

I'm also hoping we can ban the IPCC soon to solve that. The climate will be so much better and more stable when idiots stop trying to "fix" it.

the war on drugs

Yeah, we need a lot of common sense in that issue... but I hear the GOP is discussing legalizing reefer, so that's at least a start.

increasing levels of poverty are being ignored

Not really... a rising tide raises all boats. The economy has only begun recovery, assuming it isn't sidelined somehow.

the nation is too focused on media topics that in the end are just sole examples of what the elite can get away with - no attention is being paid to how to stop it.

We're trying... but of course, there's a Republican side to the Deep State that is still a problem. Right now, though, the Democratic side of the Deep State is out of control. When something is as deeply entrenched as corruption is in DC, it takes time to ferret it all out.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You know. I hear this all the time. "The rich are getting richer!".

Really? OK? And? Are they actually doing it on purpose or is it a complicated thing that is just happening or what?

Who REALLY benefits when a gazillionaire gets richer? Does the rich guy really benefit from getting richer? How many cars can he drive at one time? How many houses can he live in at one time? Honestly. This is a serious question. Do you really think an obscenely rich person WANTS to get richer?

OK. Let me ask an even better question. When a "stinking rich" man gets even richer, what is the first thing that happens? Everybody on the planet who isn't stinking rich hates him and wants to take his money. Why would anyone want that? My theory is that they don't actually want that.

What if someone wanted to sabotage the free market? What would they do? Well, making people hate rich people would sure do it, wouldn't it?

Oh, I'm sure that would never happen! I must have a million rolls of tinfoil on my hat right now!
edit on 14-10-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

First you have to establish what is considered by rich.

I've been steadily getting better off too, and there are likely some who would consider me "rich" simply because I have more and better than they do.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The best solution is to allow workers to organize which is almost extinct in this country since big business own the government.

The most prosperous time for Americans was when union membership was at an all time high.

In communism unions were banned and as a result, you had the filthy rich and then the majority were poor. This is where we are headed with the middle class going away.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

What do you mean by

efforts towards solving the climate change issue

You can't control mother nature, and NO, I personally don't believe that 'humans' are causing global warming.... Mother nature has a natural cycle, and it will play out regardless of how high they tax us to breath.....

The war on drugs ? Trump is trying, it starts with immigration and illegal border crossing. There needs to be more severe consequences for these drug users.... so some dude OD's in the park down town and the cops/ambulance rush in to give him narcon & send him on his way? Most of the time with nary a smack on the knuckles for reprimand. People are getting bigger fines and longer jail times for rain water catchment than people shooting up in the back booth at mickeyD's .....

Maybe the middle class is shrinking and the poverty levels are rising because we have so many illegal aliens fudging off the system. So the solution is to open the borders and let God only knows who pour in without a pot to piss in so that my tax dollars can get them food, housing, vaccinations, medical care etc...? While my family has to go without so that I can pay those taxes?

the nation is too focused on media topics that in the end are just sole examples of what the elite can get away with - no attention is being paid to how to stop it.

I don't even know what you mean by this?.... I am working on stopping the insanity by voting in Nov. What are your ideas for "stopping it"? it needs to start by ending this liberal politically correct bs and restoring our civil liberties and rights. The line between right and wrong have not just been blurred but nearly erased.

Everything is backwards at this point. Right is Wrong - Good is Bad.

Our representatives are trying to demand who we should be, what we should believe and what we should think. They want US to do what we are told, and it is supposed to be the other way around. Our Reps are supposed to do what THEY are told by 'We the People'

I'm pleased with direction America is headed under POTUS Trump. I don't expect decades of poor leadership and erosion of our constitution and corrupt systems to correct themselves and be restored over night.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001
The best solution is to allow workers to organize which is almost extinct in this country since big business own the government.

But isn't a union really just a gang? I'm not sure that's a good solution for unchecked power.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I know wot of people give you flack for some unknown reason but you generally are on point.
The MSM feeds people crap and ignores what is actually going on. Whilst everyone is looking over here the real news is happening over there.
Tis a sad fact for humanity.

This person gets flack because they're hypocritical as all get out. They act "enlightened" but are just as bad as the worst offenders on here. This person readily jumps into threads with a highly biased opinion and engages in the same divisive rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

But isn't a union really just a gang? I'm not sure that's a good solution for unchecked power.

Corporate and Banking Lobbyists are a gang as well and they increase every year. Teams of these lobbyists gang up together when it came to Nafta and trade with China.

There needs to be a balance of power or we outlaw business and workers from organizing together.

The biggest gang on the block is the chamber of commerce.
edit on 14-10-2018 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Are you sure about that?

I'm not sure there isn't a major conflict of interest when we allow workers' unions that are far larger than the entities they bargain against.

How is it fair, for example, that there is one teachers' union that bargains against every local school board? I call that a monopoly.
edit on 14-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Statistics to back up your claims and statements ?

If not then pphhhffffftttt.

💥🥁💥

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Because this is a right wing blog now, my views clash with the more active members here. They'd rather continue living in the outrage bubble created and orchestrated by the media and government officials than to recognize the psychological manipulation happening to them in said bubble.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Not really. Your view in thread after thread, whether it's a left or right wing thread is that you have no view and no one else should either.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Corporate and Banking Lobbyists are a gang as well and they increase every year. Teams of these lobbyists gang up together when it came to Nafta and trade with China.

There needs to be a balance of power or we outlaw business and workers from organizing together.

The biggest gang on the block is the chamber of commerce.

Well, the way I see it, when rival gangs clash, things just get uglier. I don't want to be in the middle of that crap.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I obviously have a view, otherwise I wouldn't get so much push back around here.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So when the MSM coverage of the president is 90% negative, doesn't yelling "hey guise it's the media" make you a trump supporter?
Asking for a friend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join