It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top news on Google.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

This is the top US news stories right now...

A 6 month old story about the first lady and her choice in outerwear.

And a story about googly eyes being left on a statue.

Am I wrong to believe out news media has serious problems?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I just viewed News.Google.com. The displayed articles are up-to-date for me.

Top 4:

1. Saudi Arabia wants Trump/Congress to forget about the missing journalist.

2. Republicans warn: There's a big fight brewing over Trump's border wall.

3. Hurricane Michael's Aftermath.

4. Trump Welcomes Released Pastor to the White House.
edit on 10/13/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Perhaps it has to do with the algorithm showing news stories relevant to your search history with it being google?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Check your system time and date.

šŸŽƒ

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Check your system time and date.

šŸŽƒ

Itā€™s his phone so I doubt itā€™s wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

As already shared, probably has to do with algorithm. My results comes up about the death of Google+, and other social media concerns such as privacy.

A 6 month old story about the first lady and her choice in outerwear.

She was recently interviewed and had brought that up.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Come again...what was that story about googly eyes on a statue? That's news to me---hee-larious!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The story about the jacket is up to date. It's new because there was an interview with Melania where she spoke of it recently.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Me thinks that you should NOT attempt to get news that way.
Try what I do and type in a country name then hit the news button. Works like a charm and I can get very specific news from whatever part of the world my beating heart desires. Also works for corporations and projects such as the F-35.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
oh, i cant help it.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I thought it was common knowledge Round these parts that google runs algorithms that preference your feed based on search history... See what comes up using duckduckgo...

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I thought it was common knowledge Round these parts that google runs algorithms that preference your feed based on search history... See what comes up using duckduckgo...

I am 99% sure that ā€œDuckDuckGoā€ does the same thing. And also why hate on a search engine that helps you find things that interest you? Lately I have flooded my search with telescopes so that I can get adds in relation to those. I used to search throwing knifes also. My ads are awesome.
Beat the algorithm man.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

You're probably right, I doubt very much we are as free as some like to think we are, we live in a world of illusions and slide of hand.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
Perhaps it has to do with the algorithm showing news stories relevant to your search history with it being google?

^^^ That's what it is. Google curates the news based on what you click on and then tries to offer news that it thinks you'll prefer. It's the same kind of process as the feed in YT. Play a lot of soul music, see a lot of soul music in the feed.

I use a private window for YT and google in order to gain some control over how the feeds look when signed in. You can imagine what my feed would be like as an ATS staffer so it all goes in the private window. I get more than enough Trump and Dems on ATS without it infesting YT and google. Plus I'm not a fan of how google/YT are engineering the landscape and won't be led blindly by what they put up front.

Did you know they've smothered gun use in popular YT channels? They've also done it to knife channels. Tech giants playing mother is serious BS.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

You might be doing something wrong. My Youboob hasnā€™t seen any downtick in gun and knife videos.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

No the videos are out there, but they're being pushed down the rankings. I've seen Wranglerstar and Dutch Bushcraft Knives saying the policy is affecting their channel views/income. It's a thing since a few months now and hasn't caught media interest yet.

ETA -

Skip to about 15 minutes on Wranglerstar

edit on 10.14.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join