It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space War 2028

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Looks like our military are practicing for a future war in space using a gaming system the 12th Schriever Wargame at Maxwell Air Force Base.

Let the games begin !!!

Initiated on October 11, 2018, the Schriever Wargame scenario, set in the year 2028, will explore critical space issues and investigate the integration activities of multiple agencies associated with space systems and services. The Schriever Wargame 2018 (SW 18) will include international partners from Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.

www.leonarddavid.com...

Just curious as to what space craft and weapons that will be used. No mention of that, just strategy and co operations with other agencies and allies.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

I would think rail gun and lasers.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

"Just curious as to what space craft and weapons that will be used"

edit on 13-10-2018 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

I would think rail gun and lasers.

I agree.
Also, what has the x-37b been up to for 400 days?

Came across this interesting article.......

Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov is fired up. In comments to the Russian media this month, Lavrov excoriated the United States for refusing to back the Prevention of an Arms Race in Outer Space (PAROS), a treaty to ban the placement of conventional weapons in space. “The United States continues nurturing plans to militarize outer space, I mean the deployment of weapons in outer space,” Lavrov said. “Which will, naturally, have very adverse consequences for problems of international security.” The Obama administration wouldn't go for the treaty, and neither will the Trump White House. It's not hard to see why. The Air Force has flown a secretive unmanned space plane into orbit and tested hypersonic weapons that, if they ever work, could strike targets worldwide. The Pentagon has launched satellites that can maneuver to keep an eye on other spacecraft, which is a defensive move—but also could be the first step toward attacking them.

www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The winner will send in a legion of nanobots with EMP's and turn the lights out on the whole party.
Invest in candles.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

They aren't talking about a war in space using space ships. They're gaming a war involving satellites, in low earth orbit. Antisattelite missiles, hunter killer satellites, things like that. They're trying to figure out what might be used against our satellites, how to protect them, and how to operate if we lose them.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Gotta fight the boogeyman somehow...

Cant help the sick or the poor with that money..that's nonsense

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Arsenal of Hypocrisy: The Space Program and the Military Industrial Complex

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They aren't talking about a war in space using space ships. They're gaming a war involving satellites, in low earth orbit. Antisattelite missiles, hunter killer satellites, things like that. They're trying to figure out what might be used against our satellites, how to protect them, and how to operate if we lose them.

I figured as much. Kind of like the cold war, but in space.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Pretty much. Now that we've tipped our hand with how dependent we are on satellites, potential opponents have been pushing their ASAT programs. Fortunately someone that hasn't undergone their mandatory lobotomy at the Pentagon realized this and actually started doing something about it.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well if GPS systems where to ever go down, SWHTF in my industry.
I’ll have to delevope a drone that can not only get to space, but also transform into a robot to fix the damn things.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

People don't realize just how much even the average citizen relies on satellites. If we were to lose them, things would get ugly.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Macenroe82

People don't realize just how much even the average citizen relies on satellites. If we were to lose them, things would get ugly.

I can still read maps and know where all the good restaurants are. LOL !

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Most new truck drivers, if you show them an atlas, sit there and look at you like you're insane. Heh.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Totally agree, when I break out a map people look at me strange lol..

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

im sure there is much more to it than will be commercially public. with every new territorial force their must also be cia fbi dea space force. there is no particular place in space either that anyone can call their own as of yet. their is earths atmoaphere which is still air but once you break the outermost atmophere of earth it is space. so what we are like saying that we have an army now for this galaxy, the universe?, a particular place around the sun in thia galaxy like we can only operate at certains timea that earth comes back to that part of space? this spells war anyway you look at it

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Most new truck drivers, if you show them an atlas, sit there and look at you like you're insane. Heh.

Until you get screwed by the GPS one too many times and learn to embrace the ways of ya old timers.😋
Agreed that we have too much to lose if sats start getting swatted down left and right.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Until you get screwed by the GPS one too many times and learn to embrace the ways of ya old timers.😋
Agreed that we have too much to lose if sats start getting swatted down left and right.

Yeah, gps has screwed me a few times. I pay attention to road signs.Like street and block numbers, house and business numbers. Directions of east west, south and north. Satellites go down, people will be lost , not to mention many other things we rely on them for.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Yeah, gps has screwed me a few times. I pay attention to road signs.Like street and block numbers, house and business numbers. Directions of east west, south and north. Satellites go down, people will be lost , not to mention many other things we rely on them for.

It’s real fun getting taken down a road with a 15ton limit bridge hauling 6,000gallons of fuel with nowhere to turn around, pucker factor engaged!

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Yeah my ex used to laugh at me for having a map book in the car. Explains to her what happens if I break down somewhere with no signal or my phone dies and I need to find a way to get to the nearest town/village on foot amongst other situations.

top topics

join