It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Gubernatorial Candidate: "I'm Gonna Stomp All Over Your Face With Golf Spikes"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
With the mid-terms less than a month out, there's been a really big push from Republican pols and the right-wing propaganda machine to paint "the Left" as violent and unhinged. Two women confronting a Senator as he boards an elevator and "assaulting" him with words — a tear-filled recounting of sexual assault at that — is a "violent mob" and any remark on civility in politics is "calling for CIVIL WAR!" (because derp, the Civil War was fought over people saying rude things!).

Apparently this jackass didn't get the memo about self-righteous posturing. This is Scott Wagner, the Republican opponent of incumbent PA Governor Tom Wolf. He's super butthurt to be down 16 points or so in the polls and he's got a very civil message for Wolf:

Well, Governor Wolf, let me tell you what, between now and Nov. 6, you better put a catcher's mask on your face, because I'm going to stomp all over your face with golf spikes. Because I'm going to win this for the state of Pennsylvania. And we're throwing you out of office. Because I'm sick and tired of your negative ads. Governor Wolf, I am bound and determined, I am going to vote you out of office.

He's very sick of those negative ads folks! What politics really needs to be more civil is more becleated face stompery! We can assume that this is a (curiously mixed sports) metaphor and not a pronouncement that he literally intends to stomp on Wolf's face with golf cleats (a favorite footwear of the elite, amirite?) — I mean, the logistics of a month of non-stop face stomping alone — but let's apply the same standards: this guy is clearly a violent nut, inciting civil war and he typifies the derangement and violent tendencies of Republicans. They want to destroy everything. Because that's what they're good at.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
JOBS, NOT MOBS.

Red Tsunami incoming.

edit on 13-10-2018 by SofaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

JESUS that man needs to take a break from politics. I don’t even live there and still feel the need for a mask.
Why does he need to say such things like that?

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Yep! He got called out by Scalise for his rhetoric and apologized for saying it. Care to show me Maxine Waters or any of the D's apologizing for their calls to violence?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

met·a·phorˈmedəˌfôr,ˈmedəˌfər/

Submit noun a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable. "“I had fallen through a trapdoor of depression,” said Mark, who was fond of theatrical metaphors" synonyms: figure of speech, image, trope, analogy, comparison, symbol, word painting/picture "the profusion of metaphors in her everyday speech has gotten pretty tiresome" a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, especially something abstract. "the amounts of money being lost by the company were enough to make it a metaphor for an industry that was teetering"

Hope that helps.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
ohhhh. they should add that to the next Purge movie. Would look real pretty on the big screen.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SofaKing

+17 more 
link   
Still no where near as bad as Californias governor calling for someone to assassinate a sitting POTUS.

I bet you loved his comments though.

Hypocrite.

edit on 13-10-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

link   
It's reverse psychology.

He did it to trigger Democrats !!

What's good for the goose and all that.

💥😃💥

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

met·a·phorˈmedəˌfôr,ˈmedəˌfər/

Submit noun a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable. "“I had fallen through a trapdoor of depression,” said Mark, who was fond of theatrical metaphors" synonyms: figure of speech, image, trope, analogy, comparison, symbol, word painting/picture "the profusion of metaphors in her everyday speech has gotten pretty tiresome" a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, especially something abstract. "the amounts of money being lost by the company were enough to make it a metaphor for an industry that was teetering"

Hope that helps.

You should learn to power through your triggering and continue reading:

We can assume that this is a (curiously mixed sports) metaphor and not a pronouncement that he literally intends to stomp on Wolf's face with golf cleats (a favorite footwear of the elite, amirite?) — I mean, the logistics of a month of non-stop face stomping alone — but let's apply the same standards

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Yep! He got called out by Scalise for his rhetoric and apologized for saying it. Care to show me Maxine Waters or any of the D's apologizing for their calls to violence?

conservativefiringline.com...
edit on 13-10-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

JOBS, NOT MOBS.

Being in a mob is their job and their highly paid from a nazi collaborator.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SofaKing

Love the pic of Trump's face interfused into that orange!
He has a pretty decent mean scowl look about him sometimes.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There isn't a need to paint the left as unhinged and violent, they openly do it to themselves 😌 for all to see.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: seeker1963

conservativefiringline.com...

Yet there were women defending the man who said he could throw her down and rape her...… shaking head at the zombie apocalypse

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Hypocrite? Lmao. You're either disingenuous af or a clown who can't get past fake news headlines.

Still no where near as bad as Californias governor calling for someone to assassinate a sitting POTUS.

Here's what Brown said (source) :

Brown added: “It’s unprecedented, it’s dangerous, and hopefully this election is going to send a strong message to the country; the Democrats will win…something’s got to happen to this guy, because if we don’t get rid of him, he’s going to undermine America and even the world."

He's clearly talking about the election and people voting in Democrats but thanks for proving my point perfectly.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Republican Gubernatorial Candidate: "I'm Gonna Stomp All Over Your Face With Golf Spikes"

Truthfully.

He don't look like he could lift his leg high enough.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Yeah, I read that and it just seemed you didn't full understand what that word was.

Come on Ante, give me a break. I've been around here a while. I know you're an intelligent fellow and I know your political views. Sometimes I agree with ya, most times I don't.

I'm just messing with ya man.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join