It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land Whale Posting Semi-Anonymous Letters From Soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well, Michael Moore is making another statement with letters from what he claims are troops with just their initials except for the last one. Gary Egelston, the one who gave his name, is also a member of this prestigious club, it looks like:

www.maaf.info...

I found this commentary very interesting (read: amusing, though vulgar) when I was searching for Gary to see if anyone by that name was even in the Air Force (he is, and probably did write the letter) www.cornpone.net...

Here's the link to the Land Whale's letters:

www.michaelmoore.com...

Hehe...Was going to put this under political figures, but with the gratuitous use of the term Land Whale, I think I'm going to save a mod some work and just post it in the slug fest
I just burst out laughing when I read someone refer to Moore as such, and wanted to pass the laughs on to those who will also be amused.

For those of you angered by this term, I won't say I'm sorry, I'll say lighten up, it's a term of endearment

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Really cool follow-up, the link at cornpone has a reply from Gary Egelston. That's a fellah I disagree with but respect for standing up for what he believes in and doing so unanonymously.

Them other folks, if they exist, however, are cowards, too.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Michale Moore's strategie in a nut-shell: Because every single soldier doesn't agree with this war 100%, it must mean that none of them agree with it and that it's a bad idea over-all.

And I love the land-whale thing

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
What is at issue here? That Michael Moore is considered a Land Whale by Junglejake or that Moore's site contains letters by anonymous soldiers? I really don't see a need to point this out really. One glance at the man and you know he is obese. Anonymous letters always have their veracity at issue. If there is something to argue about, please let me know.

top topics

join