It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme threat alert for Rosenwald Middle School in Panama City FL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This just popped up on my phone. Does anyone know what this means? Is this something serious? Is there some kind of major environmental incident going on?
When emergency alerts pop up on your phone, is there somewhere you can go for more information about them?

edit on 10/13/2018 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That's a very poor alert. It managed to convey almost zero relevant information. Somebody needs some lessons in communications.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

It sounds to me like they're saying the school is a food and water site - no idea what the emergency is tough...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
This just popped up on my phone. Does anyone know what this means? Is this something serious? Is there some kind of major environmental incident going on?
When emergency alerts pop up on your phone, is there somewhere you can go for more information about them?

They were hurricane hit hard along coastal area.....yesterday

Relief efforts underway....still threats as of mid-day Sat.
edit on 13-10-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Er

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Ooooohhh... Is this letting people know they can go there to get food and water?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Oathkeepers just put out a call to action for volunteer ham operators to help out in that area, so I am guessing things are pretty bad.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
That's a very poor alert. It managed to convey almost zero relevant information. Somebody needs some lessons in communications.
Florida is relevent information. Run for the hills.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

What? That was the perfect message: ZOMG PANICK!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Ooooohhh... Is this letting people know they can go there to get food and water?

For them, yes. And often..an alert can be re-sent hrs later, and it's time-stamp is not updated due to some programmer...

I suspect this one has been out since Thursday-Fri and is repeating.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Certainly looks as though it is a site for help with food/water in hurricane ravaged Panama City.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So far, it's as if things are all wonky beam today Sat 13

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Do none of you know what happened in Panama City, Florida? Seriously?

And anyone who would even think about making a joke about this is seriously sick in the head. Just because it's the internet it wouldn't make you any less of a massengail.
edit on 13-10-2018 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan
Do none of you know what happened in Panama City, Florida? Seriously?

And anyone who would even think about making a joke about this is seriously sick in the head. Just because it's the internet it wouldn't make you any less of a massengail.
I seriously don't know.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I would think it's for hurricane relief efforts. I agree it is a poor message Hopefully those in need will be able to get shelter, water, and food

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Unfortunately, we have entered the grim new age of frequent government text messages.

You can look forward to years of irrelevant text messages from all levels of government. You will soon become so numb to them that any real emergency will go unnoticed. It is a new and powerful way of communication to the people -- ruined by government ineptness and over use -- nothing new there.

Regarding this message -- I thought it might be a school shooting at first. Not sure why a message sent to a million different people wasn't better crafted. But, somehow it fits with the situation.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

...Couldn't IMAGINE!

(post by AnfisaKater removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I have no clue either. Here in Hellinois, we've been dealing with blizzards and extreme cold.

What happened in Florida?

top topics

join