It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Club Vandalized Before Visit by Gavin McInnes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The Metropolitan Republican Club in Manhattan was vandalized early Friday, with windows broken and doors defaced with anarchist symbols, the police said. The destruction came hours before an appearance there by a right-wing provocateur, Gavin McInnes

i guess i dont get how something happening to a building they do not own hours before they get there justifies them beating people.
but hey

mess with the bull get the horns
what a bunch of assholes

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Disproportionate response is feared for one simple reason, it yields positive results far more often than not. "Hey, don't steal my hat!!! I'll call the cops" equals hat thieves who will continue to take things that are not theirs... feeling more emboldened each time as they basically will laugh at the one who's property they stole. Conversely, laying on the sidewalk spitting bloody chicklets and not being able to comb your hair for a couple weeks until the goose egg from being belted in the temples goes down instills an important message of "I'd better not continue to be a dumb ass punk because all this pain isn't worth the 10 seconds of laughter and my worthless friend's cheering." I am a huge proponent of Disproportionate response.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I also showed you that this is part of a pattern of vandalism at GOP offices across the country though.

So when you make the case that this was solely in reaction to the presence of McInnes and the Proud Boys ... was it, or is it part of the larger pattern?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

So maintaining possession of your own property from a thief is "snowflake" behavior to you? You seem confused... perhaps you'd like to choose a different word?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Conversely, laying on the sidewalk spitting bloody chicklets and not being able to comb your hair for a couple weeks until the goose egg from being belted in the temples goes down instills an important message of "I'd better not continue to be a dumb ass punk because all this pain isn't worth the 10 seconds of laughter and my worthless friend's cheering." I am a huge proponent of Disproportionate response.

So, you're saying that the vandalism is perfectly OK - as a tactic?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

CNN should have their hats stolen.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I also showed you that this is part of a pattern of vandalism at GOP offices across the country though.

So when you make the case that this was solely in reaction to the presence of McInnes and the Proud Boys ... was it, or is it part of the larger pattern?

i never once said this is solely in reaction to anything so please stop lying and making it out like i did.
i didnt

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

No, not even remotely. Is vandalism a valid defensive action or is it a natural consequences of an act of aggression? I wouldn't call it one. Vandalism is an act which deserves a disproportionate response to encourage the vandal to see the error of their ways and commit themselves to a straighter path. Vandals need a sheppard who's not afraid to knock some sense into wayward sheep.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Theft is not OK

Just how little it takes to set some guys off - kinda snowflakey

Violence doesn't prove anything. Cowards are often violent

Ultimately words are stronger than violence. I don't support Antifa. I don't support the Proud Boys

I don't support anyone that thinks this sort of thing is acceptable

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

So maintaining possession of your own property from a thief is "snowflake" behavior to you? You seem confused... perhaps you'd like to choose a different word?

i just think you have a warped view of #

a few dudes being someone for knocking a hat of a persons head is not maintaining property.

you were very clear you are a fan of disproportionate responses and this most certainly was that

at least youre honest about the bull# you believe.

have to hand it to you for that

i am a fan of no violence unless mutually agreed upon
i am a fan of of walking away if at all possible

i just dont like violence

i guess there are opposite with everything

people like me exist as do people like you who believe it ok to gang up on and smash a person for knocking a hat off a persons head.

probably makes you feel really tough.
i hope so anyway

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You're saying nothing - ultimately Burd

You think beating the crap out of someone is an appropriate response to having a hat removed. Oh - right - stolen

OK :-)

But busting a few windows is - what? Breaking the law?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Theft is not OK

Ultimately words are stronger than violence. I don't support Antifa. I don't support the Proud Boys

i am with you

i just can not understand a thought process like his

i just dont have that charlie bronson gene apparently

these people have such strange morals

i guess it makes them feel like bad asses to gang up on someone for knocking a hat off a persons head.
unreal

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Theft is not OK

i am with you

i just dont have that charlie bronson gene apparently

these people have such strange morals

i guess it makes them feel like bad asses to gang up on someone for knocking a hat off a persons head.
unreal

If you come up to me and knock my hat off my head? That is an act of aggression. At that point, I will choose to make the decision you are an unhinged human being take the necessary precautions or defenses.

No normal thinking human being would think it is ok to go up to a stranger and take or knock of their hat! It's at that point, you have shown you are uncivilized.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

It's not much of a thought process so much as a reptilian brain burp. An instinctive knee jerk reaction to anything they can't pick apart with words

This is the world we live in now - where I can knock your teeth out if you bother me

Sad :-)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Originally posted by Lumenari
For the record, the Southern Poverty Law Center says that because I am a Vet and voted for Ron Paul once I am defined as a domestic terrorist now?

Propaganda indeed!

WTH…!!!

Are you being serious…?

So you’re classified as being a “domestic terrorist” just because you’re a Vet or because you once voted for Ron Paul…or is it both…?

Either way, that sounds totally ridiculous to me; surely one can only be considered a terrorist if they have used acts of violence and/or intimidation tactics…

- JC

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

If you come up to me and knock my hat off my head? That is an act of aggression. At that point, I will choose to make the decision you are an unhinged human being take the necessary precautions or defenses.

No normal thinking human being would think it is ok to go up to a stranger and take or knock of their hat! It's at that point, you have shown you are uncivilized.

i understand a person taking another knocking their hat off as an act of aggression and then possibly doing something about it.
i dont agree but i understand.

i am talking about multiple people attacking the person over it

that also shows you are unhinged or uncivilized

i am not talking about 1 person confronting another

i am talking about multiple people confronting 1

there is a difference

if the necessary precaution is to grab 2 of your friends and attack the person for that then you sir are a punk

edit on 13-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
a reply to: Lumenari

Originally posted by Lumenari
For the record, the Southern Poverty Law Center says that because I am a Vet and voted for Ron Paul once I am defined as a domestic terrorist now?

Propaganda indeed!

WTH…!!!

Are you being serious…?

So you’re classified as being a “domestic terrorist” just because you’re a Vet or because you once voted for Ron Paul…or is it both…?

Either way, that sounds totally ridiculous to me; surely one can only be considered a terrorist if they have used acts of violence and/or intimidation tactics…

- JC

Lum is spot on! The Oathkeepers was declared a terrorist group by the SPLC. You know, the group who's goal is to protect the Constitution and comprised of Vets, Police and 1st responders?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Oh, I see.

The thread is about the vandalism of the office, and you've made it into how bad the Proud Boys are instead because we don't want to talk about vandalizing the offices. That's an uncomfortable topic because, as you say, there is no real excuse for that part of it.

But ...

If we talk about Proud Boys fighting ANTIFA, then you might find an excuse for things in that bit?

Am I close?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
whats funny is in other threads many of you post # like a real man wouldnt do this
a real man does this or that

but clearly you all find it perfectly acceptable to go beat on someone 3 on 1 cause a hat was knocked off a head

the same people that will defend poor little helpless women cause blah blah blah

real man

i guess real men gang up on others...

interesting

gotta get the boys together to defend yourself.... thats awesome

i never once said something against 1 person confronting another
i am speaking of 3 confronting 1

apparently that is acceptable cause..... charles bronson

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

you are not close at all

i said many times the vandalism is not ok

now i have moved on to focusing on all the tough guy bad ass real men in this thread that re cool with disproportionate responses like 3 people attacking 1

sorry but that is far more interesting to me than a window being busted out

the thread title mentions the founder of the group in the OP. the founder/group was speaking in that building later as the OP article stated.
it matters

just not to any of you cowboys

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join