It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the footsteps of Lankester Merrin, Lol.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I am loving reading your posts. To actually hear from someone who was present during the investigation of the Enfield story is awesome!

Thank you. I know this seems to take a toll on you, so just post at your convenience and we will be here when you are ready.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov
Hi Zosimov,
I had to think about your very scary true life story over night to reply, the vision you saw could be demonic, it would mean that it was waiting at the bus stop waiting for humans to stand there waiting for a bus and then pick one that wasn't strong enough to fight it off.
When i was investigating the Enfield Poltergeist i was taught not to really believe in anything until there was no other explanation, but that was a long time ago, since then, if you pushed me, i would say i believe in malevolent entities.
For a long time before i was disabled i was a student in Kensington, London, to "The College of Psychic Studies", which is a bit like Hogwarts, LOL.
www.collegeofpsychicstudies.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735
Hi sled735,
Thank you for your kind words, i do like to write as it passes the day in a temp nursing home, suffering from paraplegia, i have a bag for my bowels, a bag for my bladder, all i need is a paper bag for my head and then will have the full set LOL.
I might not be able to write for a few days as i have a number of appointments including hospital ones.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62

I can't believe I missed this thread for the last few days! This is the very reason I still come here, hoping for stuff like this.

Hi Astronomer62, I am sorry you are suffering so. I hope you feel better soon, partly for selfish reasons, I can't wait to read more! I also can't believe that we are privileged enough to be reading this posted by someone actually involved in the Enfield case.

I'm only 2 years younger than you, and I also grew up in a very creepy house. Well, the house itself wasn't so creepy, but the things that happened to me in it were terrifying. I won't go into that now, don't want to detract from the thread. Oh, and welcome to the site!

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer
Hi Witbengineer,
In London, i'm casually laying in bed with my laptop, so am comfortable for a couple of hours before ZZZZzzzz!
I can't reach my files, so wont be explaining much, but i don't mind you writing your paranormal experiences here!
I am thinking back to 1977, though to something that happened, but i wasn't witness to, being at the house the very next day. A caste iron old fireplace had been ripped out of the wall in the children's bedroom and flung across the room, i could hardly pick up the fireplace, so have no idea how Janet or the other children managed to do this!!!!

I see you are in Gettysburg, in time on another thread, i will show my files on the assassination of Lincoln.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Thank, when I get more time I will tell some of what I went through. I am at work at the moment.

What do you think about the skeptics that think the whole case was a hoax? If I remember right, didn't the investigators you named think it might be a mix of both real and hoaxed events? I know how this stuff works though, it refuses to really be analyzed. You bring in equipment to try to record evidence and they don't perform.

I'd love to read what you have on the Lincoln assassination, hope you get around to that soon. I'll be back.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Last post from me tonight, i will come back to your question, but as i said i was a junior, Guy Playfair and Janet Hodgson talking about this, but will take a minute before they appear on youtube below:-
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

That was an interesting interview. I am predisposed to believe that it was real because of the things I experienced. But I understand the skeptics who haven’t had any experiences of their own.

The house I grew up in wasn’t that old. No one died there and there was no other history involved in the phenomena that took place. I was a very young boy and for whatever reason the thing was attached to me. It wasn’t a haunted house, although I was in the house so it was haunted, but it wasn’t anything to do with the house itself.

So many things happened to me there but I never spoke with any of my family members about them. I don’t know why. It was the way I was raised I guess, my dad was a real old school guy and we didn’t talk about feelings or anything to do with them.

I’m really tired so I’ll add tomorrow. Have to sleep now, work early.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

After watching the interview, reading through the comments, I can see that this is a case which attracted some vehement/ardent/strident sceptics! And I can understand the disbelief.

Janet comes across as very candid, wary (but kind), and haunted by her past in the interview. Like wtbengineer, I have my predispositions which lead me to believe Janet also. And it is fascinating to hear from your perspective, as a witness and investigator to this case, about strange and inexplicable events which plagued that family.

Also forgot to mention that the College of Psychic Studies sounds like a great place for open minds to take on some of the weirdness that pops up in this world.

To me, that experience with a "demonic" being (or a weirdo with black sclera contacts lol) gave me a very healthy fright of all things evil but also reassured me in the strength/existence of good (God and angels). (ETA: The aforementioned was my most visceral, frightening experience, but not my only paranormal/otherworldly.. not the only thing I'm basing my beliefs on
And the experiences with the forces of good are more plentiful, thank God)

edit on 18-10-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thank you for your post and experiences, there were disagreement regarding the haunting due to the pressure given by the media, indeed there was a time when the SPR wanted the whole thing stopped due to the publicity, but if you go to page one and read Guy Playfair's obituary link you will find it mentioned that in 1981-82 a special committee for the SPR was set up to again view the evidence, they concluded that paranormal incidents had occurred in the house.
Events regarding Enfield Poltergeist below:-
psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk...
The children suffered badly during the publicity, being spat at when in school, but loved the attention of the investigators, thus occasionally tried pranks, but we always found them out and wasn't recorded as paranormal phenomenon.
It must be said that we as investigators, didn't have the amount of equipment that is used today, video recorders and cameras were hugely expensive in 1977 and had just become available to the general public, however the BBC did visit but found that all their equipment didn't work!!!!!
I saw a great deal of phenomenon but never saw Janet levitating.

Now there are films out about this, so i should explain which one is nearest to the truth!
There isn't any doubt that Conjuring 2 is very entertaining, but the house never had a cellar, the wasn't any ghostly nun, crosses didn't turn upside down and Ed and Lorraine Warren were only in Enfield for a day, so virtually unconnected as this investigation went on for over a year, link below:-
www.historyvshollywood.com...
The most accurate drama is called "The Enfield Haunting", for tv by Sky Living, try to see it, however Guy Playfair was never flung against a wall and obviously there were no cctv cameras operating in the house in 1977.
Usually i don't like haunted house pranks, however just before the screening of the Enfield Haunting, they played a trick on estate agents, it is very funny, i have to giggle, it is on link below:-
www.youtube.com...

edit on 18-10-2018 by Astronomer62 because: Word missing out.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

What a great first hand experience of the phenomenon, thank you for sharing.

Did you ever feel that the presence or enigma had followed the family outside the house? Or did it ever follow any of the researchers?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777
Hi Watcher777
I did feel i was being watched when i wasn't at the house but i thought this was just a reaction to some of the disturbing events that i had witnessed, that i couldn't find an explanation for, i dismissed my feelings, as it was like being in "The Exorcist Film", but didn't want it to impress or colour my thinking, i had to stay neutral to conduct an unbiased investigation. It wasn't easy, a lot of the time i was excited to be phoned to go to Green Street, but also dreaded what i might see!

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Thanks for the response and for the links. I'm going to try to find "The Enfield Haunting".

In the house where I grew up, the first thing that happened was footsteps loudly walking up the stairs and into my bedroom. They crossed the room and came up next to my bed and stopped. I was very young and I just covered my head and waited for them to go back the way they came, they never did.

Some nights I would awaken at around 3:00 AM and none of the lights would come on and I couldn't open my door to get out. I just frantically walked in circles in terror. I don't have any memory of how those nights ended, I just woke up in the morning.

The next thing I really remember was an ID bracelet that I had as a teenager moving across my dresser on its own. I was playing the guitar at the time if I remember right, and just looked up when I heard the scraping sound to see it sliding across the dresser. Scared me sh!tless.

One other time I had the awful feeling of being watched while sitting in my room and felt a presence that seemed just hateful. I thought inside my head "if there's something here that picture will fall off the wall" at which point it did!

Through all this there were the footsteps, just walking around and around, sounding like a party in my room. Many nights I sat watching TV in a room below my bedroom and could hear them overhead walking around and around. I'd drive into town and wait for the sun to come up before I'd go back home and go to bed. During this time the only people in the house, living at least, were my mom, dad and me, and mom and dad were asleep downstairs.

There were other things too, but this is pretty much what I had to deal with from around 6 to 20 years old when I moved out. Since then I've had no more occurrences.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov
Hi Zosimov,
The Enfield Poltergeist case is very controversial, but i can only set down my own eye witness reports, that i searched for fraud and found no evidence of trickery or hoax, therefore i have no explanation for what i saw!
Hi Wtbengineer,
In America i think you can stream "The Enfield Haunting" by Hulu, or the dvd is available on Amazon for £5:00, i'm leaving another link that is full of other links about the Enfield case below:-
www.spr.ac.uk...
You seem to have been haunted and frightened when you were young, footsteps coming right up to your bed, being woken at 03:00pm and not being able to turn on the lights or open the door must have effected you!
Pictures falling off the wall isn't unusual with haunting. I'm very please that it didn't continue after you left the house!

Okay i must get back to topic, which is movement of small objects!
There were numerous occasions when small children's toys, such as lego bricks and marbles would swirl up in the air and shoot off in all directions, i was hit a number of times, once on the head by a marble, ouch!
I could never see the direction thrown by all the small objects, but i am sure a lot were thrown where no one was standing, when the marbles hit the carpet, they didn't bounce or roll, it was as if they fell on sticky mud, when i picked them up they were hot to touch!
Matches would sometimes burst into flames, that i observed several times.
When i can, i will write of my memories of large objects moving including furniture.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Hi Wtbengineer and Zosimov,
Being new here i thought you may be interested in my other thread on the General Conspiracies Forum, called The Centenary Mystery of World War One, link below:-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hey i have watched a documentary on the Enfield haunting and a lot of what happened in that case is very similar to the things described in this book www.amazon.co.uk...
Jung is studying a girl who is possesed by an elderly and intelligent German man, the girl has little education and is highly religious, and a teen going through puberty, such is the case with poltergeist activity apparently. Anyway thought I'd give u another possible view on your experiences, good luck with your health.
edit on 19-10-2018 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks
Hi ManyMasks,
I haven't read the book you mentioned, but i am interested, and will try to read it soon!
I have read some of Carl Jung's work especially on "Synchronicity".
en.wikipedia.org...
Thank you for posting!

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Yeah Jung is good, how's this for synchronicity the book came out in 1977 same year as the Enfield haunting 👌💪

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

In America i think you can stream "The Enfield Haunting" by Hulu

Thanks, I'll be sure to check that tonight. And thanks for your response, I am also glad that whatever was terrorizing me didn't follow me. I haven't had any of those type experiences since 1979 thankfully.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Hi ManyMasks,
Yes, that is Synchronicity, but you have to be careful about deliberate synchronicity, an example would be the original The Omen film was released in UK on 06/06/1976, to get three 6's in to make it appear more spooky, the remake was released world wide on 06/06/2006 to do the same thing!
Hi wtbengineer,
I wish you luck in getting the film, don't expect the Enfield Haunting drama to be as scary as Hollywood's Conjuring 2, but with it's faults, is far more accurate to events!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join