It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the aliens have a "Wright Brothers"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well, let's see where our technology will take us in a few million years, I bet we'll be on the same page as they are now or be far more advanced. Their (Aliens) intellect is on a different wave length in terms of thinking than we are. Also, I feel that there are countless advanced cilivilizations that we can't begin to imagine. But, every civilization either started out somewhere or had help (a little push) from other advanced race of beings.

You know, the old saying, there is always someone bigger and better, and it goes for Aliens too.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
C. J. Cherryh's recent series of novels: Foregioner.

In this, the alien is acually never out of their home world...we crashed there. But what was interesting was that these particualr aliensare rediculously mathematical. Some of the equations we do on a regular basis are approximations, like anything to do with PI, so they'd figure out the whole thing, and would be more accurate for it. (basically, as soon as we'd give them the direction in math, they left us behind in the dust within a year...)

The point: The more accurate the math is (not to mention the theory itself), the less likely it will be to fail. ...but how much have we found by accident? How much improved/was invented because of war? How much was because of sheer imagination (ref: original Star Treck and Cell Phones, which was truely first?)? how many times were things found on a hunch, and not scientific processes? how much was stolen from other people, or was the fault of one researcher standing on another's work (like this novel)? We have so many factor that go into any individual invention. No two randominventions are likely to have been found under the same process here on earth, so how in the world would we be able to even remotely figure out this question..... For all we know, the aliens didn't get their idea to fly until they wanted to see a battle field.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lamagraa

why I say this is valid cause the woman drew a star chart that we could'nt see till 10 years later

i can do that now , i can point at any point in the sky and sooner or later we will discover a star in that spot - we just havent the tech to see it yet

<< 1   >>

join