It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devastated - Police Now Arresting Victims instead! - Inverted Justice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Just my luck day after I joined ATS i got arrested for calling 911!

I had went for final repairs and load of my 80yo longtime client's former house she is selling and found lock busted open so I called 911 and police responding just arrested me instead, illegally searched my work vehicle which contained her final load of items en route to her new house and found a lil handgun registered to her in one of her bags so arrested me since i was in 'possession of it' saying its my vehicle not hers.
Went to my home and illegally searched it, ramsacked it so bad I can't tell if anything's missing yet (landlord mentioned they opened locks somehow in seconds and threw little black boxes taped up with candywrappers over them (jammers?) around the 4 corners of the property and kept asking her if there were cameras anyway cause the records had to be surrendered but she doesnt have any but they kept searching and telling her what are you gonna do, call the police, we are the police. Actually she did call 911 and another squadron came and did nothing but tell the first set of cops that they should have 'called it in first'.
Impounded my vehicle and placed a 'search and sieze' hold on on it for a whole week in storage fees (over $1,000!) which I just paid, as well as a of course earlier a huge bail in the tens and thousands of dollars. I am now broke and cant afford any retainer so at arraignment Monday will pray for a decent public defender. I am charged with concealed possession of client's firearm who I was helping move her final stuff out for closing soon.

On a side note, I googled and youtubed for similar scenarios in my neighborhood but nothing very recent although this caught my attention (below): A biker hits a wheelchair boarding a bus and police respond but hold the wheelchair person at gunpoint, conduct an illegal search, find nothing, but arrest him anyway. Would not be surprised the report later says he had so and so on him. Is this an inverted reality or what. Sign of the times!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Sue the police department, they should not have done that. They had no right even to search your vehicle in that case. You possessing the handgun without her around would be considered illegal if she was not present, if you knew the gun was in the stuff you were moving. If you were not previously aware, then it will get thrown out of court. I have helped many people move in my life, I am sure guns were in what we were moving and the owner did not always ride with me.

I would sue them for this, you are the one who called 911 so they should have known you were not stealing anything. Get a lawyer. They will probably take half but the police should not get away with this, if you did not know a gun was in the bag, you are not guilty of moving it for her.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Thanks Ricky for the quick response yes since I was bailed out days ago I went to the local precinct and filed a complaint now there are people in plain cloths driving by and taking quick pics pointed the front door and driveway so far once in the day once and 1am at night!

I supposed that's just part of the investigation.. hopefully!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: watersabove
Thanks Ricky for the quick response yes since I was bailed out days ago I went to the local precinct and filed a complaint now there are people in plain cloths driving by and taking quick pics pointed the front door and driveway so far once in the day once and 1am at night!

I supposed that's just part of the investigation.. hopefully!

Scare tactics. Don't let it get to you. Ignore it or rather... Take pictures back and use them as proof should something come of it.

As Water's said. Sue the pants off them. Don't just complain, get even! Post it everywhere. Call the "news" - local TV stations and explain to them. I'd make a huge stink over it. Get it out there.

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I can’t help but feel you are holding something back.

Most of the time when you’re hearing a completely one-sided story, you aren’t hearing everything .

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Take pictures back and use them as proof should something come of it.

As Water's said. Sue the pants off them. Don't just complain, get even! Post it everywhere. Call the "news" - local TV stations and explain to them. I'd make a huge stink over it. Get it out there.

Good luck!

TYSM!
I didnt think of that yet, will do.
Please pray for me.. I feel like suddenly a 'targeted individual'

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: watersabove

Document every time someone drops and takes photos of you.
And like above said, snap them right back.
If they are cops, they will be recognized.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
^Awesome will be on the porch and hiding behind the curtains alot this weekend

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Most of the time when you’re hearing a completely one-sided story, you aren’t hearing everything .

That sounds like most news on the media indeed.

Anyways, glad to have my client as a key witness to cops' crooked actions in this instance.

What bewilders me though, is how come both (or more) cops automatically back each other up in each other actions even when it's crossing the line? Is that part of their training? Sure seems so in most every instance of brutality and illegality on record.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Rule # 1..don't ever call the police
Rule # 2..refer to rule 1

They are individual cops who are righteous, unfortunately when dealing with a group, your f'ed, very rarely will they go against their comrades.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I believe they back each other up because they’re like a brotherhood. Another reason is that some of the good cops would like to speak up. But they fear retaliation from all the bad cops .

As far as not getting the whole story that’s just my personal experience. I have bailed a lot of people out of jail. Some people get in the car and start claiming they did nothing, it’s all the cops fault, I’m going to sue. Those are the ones that are usually holding something back or lying.

Some, but not many by my experience. Get in the car look at you and say man I F##%*ed up. Those are the people you can believe.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If you absolutely need to contact the police use the non-emergency line. Using 911 only escalates the situation. They will never arrive in time to do anything other than file a report anyways.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I had went for final repairs and load of my 80yo longtime client's former house she is selling and found lock busted open so I called 911 and police responding just arrested me instead, illegally searched my work vehicle which contained her final load of items en route to her new house and found a lil handgun registered to her in one of her bags so arrested me since i was in 'possession of it' saying its my vehicle not hers.

Broken lock but you load up then call police instead of calling police first?
edit on 10/12/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Comming from a family deep into law enforcement,I'm thinking"Wonder what the real story is?" not adding up

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Who would leave their client's remaining valuables one is responsible for moving, in the foyer of an otherwise vacant house to be stolen with people walking past a broken open door left and right, folks?

At very least, glad a kid didnt get it first.

Or perhaps if a kid did, I should have just waited on the police to arrive, anyway. I mean if a kid took her stuff and fled, at least I wouldnt be guilty of carrying her weapon. Or maybe I should have gone through her stuff in sealed box and bags first. Right?

Glad to see constructive/criticism here - can only imagine how nit picky it will be under 'prosecution'

All in all, am now fascinated with law enforcement's obsession with DISARMAMENT - even of a registered guns under legal fodder.

The more laws, the more crimes to prosecute, thus the more safety and order.

ALAS, somehow US has the highest gun homicide rate of all developed nations, anyway.

Tsk, tsk.. What was that quote from Hitler?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

A similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago. I was lucky enough to find a lawyer that allowed me to sign over the bail. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been about to afford a lawyer and I strongly suggest hiring a lawyer instead of going with a public defender. If it was a friend or family member that bailed you out, they will tend to be a little easier to pay off over time than attempting to pay a lawyer that way. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Broken lock but you load up then call police instead of calling police first?

exactly my thoughts , i mean every time ive ever dealt with the cops ive never been falsely arrested or had my house searched ....but then again i dont load up peoples stuff when there has been a supposed burglary ....

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Have you contacted the press?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Who would leave their client's remaining valuables one is responsible for moving, in the foyer of an otherwise vacant house to be stolen with people walking past a broken open door left and right, folks?

If, as you say in your OP, you arrived and found the lock broken and then called 911, I don't think most people would, after hanging up with 911, enter the house and start removing things from it before law enforcement arrived. That, to be blunt, is incredibly strange. If you were standing outside waiting on the police to arrive, I have absolutely no idea how somebody would be able to enter the house and steal anything without you being able to see it.

Or maybe I should have gone through her stuff in sealed box and bags first. Right?

Now you sound hysterical.

All in all, am now fascinated with law enforcement's obsession with DISARMAMENT - even of a registered guns under legal fodder.

Law enforcement is not obsessed with disarming the populace. In fact, it's quite the opposite of that.

I think you're either making this story up entirely or you're leaving out a lot, if not most, of what actually happened.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: watersabove
^Awesome will be on the porch and hiding behind the curtains alot this weekend

originally posted by: Fallingdown

That sounds like most news on the media indeed.

Anyways, glad to have my client as a key witness to cops' crooked actions in this instance.

What bewilders me though, is how come both (or more) cops automatically back each other up in each other actions even when it's crossing the line? Is that part of their training? Sure seems so in most every instance of brutality and illegality on record.

Based on my personal experience:

Recall any movies where one guy does something stupid and the mob, a partner or a buddy covers the problem up but they want payback in some other way, sometimes far worse than the original mistake? It's like that. So much so that it's an unwritten rule where you're supposed to back your partner up because one day you'll need them to back you or or have your back. It becomes a "the only person you can really trust" situation because when you're on a call... That's the only person you can really trust to assist otherwise it's you against everything you were called out for.

I've seen it over and over. I've even been in a situation (and this is the defining moment that I understood just how stupid it can get) where your partner will back their own personal friend when it's you... his partner... against a personal or family friend. It becomes "I didn't see nuthin". Justice for sure... Being in LE taught me that almost all cops judge you guilty before a court will prove you innocent. Sadly, majority of the people police ticket, arrest, batter or otherwise, can't afford a decent lawyer to get them out of a bad situation where police should be reprimanded. Sadly still, even if they did, they only get a pat on the back and a final paycheck with benefits as they're excused from the force.

We had an office caught red handed stealing drugs from the evidence room (pills). Sure he was let go, but it was kept internal and nothing done to him. What boils my blood is that "He was a victim" and was looked at as "Poor guy just needs some help... Go get help and come back when you're good". any other poor sob outside of the force would have gotten hard time for that!

Wasn't the only reason I left the force but it was one of the big factors... Favor over police than citizens. Man... I could tell some stories. Some of those stories are probably dangerous. Yet, all of those stories are my word against theirs and if 'they' are still LE, then my word is bunk.

So I say sue! Hey, I'm all for "blue lives" since I know for sure that all cops are not crooked but all cops ARE guilty of breaking laws that they themselves have enforced upon others. I simply don't believe otherwise.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Read this thread, "Final Coroner's report on the suicide of John Lang released," and prepare yourself.

top topics

join