It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook And Twitter Ban Popular Independent Media Sites In Coordinated Purge

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: sine.nomine

a reply to: olaru12

Shoes aren't a belief system. You know what you couldn't do at your business? Deny me for being Jewish. Or for being black. You'd have a lawsuit on your hands for sure.

I don't care if you are Jewish or black, I wouldn't serve you because you won't abide by my T&C. Just like ATS...

Also just for your information, I don't serve morons.

Calm down, sunshine.

If your stores "T&C" didn't allow Mexicans, that would be illegal. I don't understand why that's so difficult to grasp.

No one is denied service because of their sexual orientation, race, or religion. Come in for a sandwich and a beer and I'll tell you what my T&C is comprised of,..... sunshine.

I probably won't patronize whatever shop you run, but I appreciate the invitation.

I'm only posing the question of whether or not discrimination by political affiliation is something that should have some protections or rules, much in the same manner of sexual orientation, race or religion.

I don't understand the animosity. I don't think I was being insulting or unreasonable.

Well Sunshine, I get a little annoyed when people want to control the way I do business and threaten to sue me.

Get an LLC open up your own place and you will soon see what I mean.

I actually have an LLC...

Then stop trying to control the way I run mine! Or anyone else just trying improve their bottom line. Mind your own business is my only suggestion.

Would you feel the same way if Trump lessened regulations to improve his family's bottom line?

Not really, my disdain for trump stems from him being a draft dodging coward and letting other men do the dirty work.

Yeah, but the kicker is that the new regulation bans black people from service. Still feel that way?

I hadn't heard that...show me

Hypotheticals are lost on you too, eh? I think we're done here.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Jack Daniels and Johnny Walker are triggering lots of people as The Autumn Witch of November 6th creeps closer and closer and closer.

chaw chaw chaw

💥😃💥

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Shoes aren't a belief system. You know what you couldn't do at your business? Deny me for being Jewish. Or for being black. You'd have a lawsuit on your hands for sure.

I don't care if you are Jewish or black, I wouldn't serve you because you won't abide by my T&C. Just like ATS...

Calm down, sunshine.

If your stores "T&C" didn't allow Mexicans, that would be illegal. I don't understand why that's so difficult to grasp.

No one is denied service because of their sexual orientation, race, or religion. Come in for a sandwich and a beer and I'll tell you what my T&C is comprised of,..... sunshine.

I probably won't patronize whatever shop you run, but I appreciate the invitation.

I'm only posing the question of whether or not discrimination by political affiliation is something that should have some protections or rules, much in the same manner of sexual orientation, race or religion.

I don't understand the animosity. I don't think I was being insulting or unreasonable.

Well Sunshine, I get a little annoyed when people want to control the way I do business and threaten to sue me.

Then stop trying to control the way I run mine! Or anyone else just trying improve their bottom line. Mind your own business is my only suggestion.

Would you feel the same way if Trump lessened regulations to improve his family's bottom line?

Not really, my disdain for trump stems from him being a draft dodging coward and letting other men do the dirty work.

Yeah, but the kicker is that the new regulation bans black people from service. Still feel that way?

I hadn't heard that...show me

Hypotheticals are lost on you too, eh? I think we're done here.

You didn't phrase it like a hypothetical...

Fine, you win...here's a medal

edit on 12-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I own and operate a business and it's nobody's business how I conduct mine. It's called capitalism and free enterprise, you got a problem with that?

Ha! You must be real winner to work for. I feel sorry for your serfs.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: xuenchen

MEH who cares honestly? I know I don’t and I don’t use either one of those stupid things. Also this has been known for awhile now so really nothing to see here.

One should care if they are US citizens
Whether they use any "of those stupid things" or not.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

I own and operate a business and it's nobody's business how I conduct mine. It's called capitalism and free enterprise, you got a problem with that?

Ha! You must be real winner to work for. I feel sorry for your serfs.

You don't have anything to worry about, I don't hire morons!! Or geeks that wear brown shoes!!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Calm down, sunshine.

Barack , is that you ?
I , I , I , me , me ,me , I , I , I....

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

It's actually governments telling them what to do. Social media is beholden to Brussels and the European Commission to combat "fake news", or else they are on the hook for billions.

As someone who doesn't want to be told how to run your own company, especially by foreign governments, now is the perfect chance to stand up and oppose this nonsense instead of defending them as if they had any other choice.

Facebook, Google to tackle spread of fake news, advisors want more.

The only thing we can do is through our representatives and it can take decades.

Our nations are entangled in dozens of extremely complex treaties, and for example in the US, an international treaty is the law of the land and supreme (see the Supremacy Clause, Article 6 clause 2).

Because we have additional layers of government beyond the Federal level, ie Supranational Unions and International Organizations there are countless aspects to all of this and it can become incredibly difficult to figure out how anything works.

An example I really like to point to is The Organization of American States, which is essentially our regional government 1 step under the UN. It has committees, banks, courts, etc - and no one ever seems to have heard of it despite it's incredible power and in many cases, binding laws upon all the member states.

That's a photo of Condi Rice at the OAS General Assembly.

What interested me the most about the OAS is the American Convention on Human Rights and the legality of it in member nations (because not all nations have ratified it).

After doing some significant research I determined that it is legally binding on the USA absent of ratification for two reasons - one being that we did sign the treaty, which infers that we consider it legally binding until it is ratified, it's like a promise of honor while in that phase. And secondly because the majority of the member states have already ratified it, the international courts consider it a binding instrument upon all member states.

A good way of thinking of it is the 'two/thirds majority vote rule', which would apply to even the members who vote against if overruled because they are bound by the Charter instrument which they signed and came into effect in 1951.

Also of interest to me was the American Declaration of the Rights and Duties of Man

The Declaration was adopted by the nations of the Americas at the Ninth International Conference of American States in Bogotá, Colombia, in April 1948,[2] where we can find most of its travaux préparatoires.[3] The same meeting that adopted the Charter of the Organization of American States and thereby created the OAS.

Although strictly speaking a declaration is not a legally binding treaty, the jurisprudence of both the Inter-American Court of Human Rights and the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights holds it to be a source of binding international obligations for the OAS's member states.

While largely superseded in the current practice of the inter-American human rights system by the more elaborate provisions of the American Convention on Human Rights (in force since 18 July 1978), the terms of the Declaration are still enforced with respect to those states that have not ratified the Convention, such as Cuba, United States, and Canada.[4]

And yes, I can tell you from experience that these laws are recognized and enforced in local State courts here in the US. I think it would be difficult to find a judge who would defy much if any of this body of OAS law.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Calm down, sunshine.

Barack , is that you ?

No, it's just me Olaru. Can I list you as one of my stalkers that follow my every thread and post? I'm getting quite a nice fan club here on ATS.

btw...I'm not apologizing for being a narcissist. I might even grow up to be president like the one we have now.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Calm down, sunshine.

The post immediately before set the situation. The "if" indicates a hypothetical.

I could see your confusion though. My bad.
edit on 12-10-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Calm down, sunshine.

Barack , is that you ?

No, it's just me Olaru. Can I list you as one of my stalkers that follow my every thread and post? I'm getting quite a nice fan club here on ATS.

btw...I'm not apologizing for being a narcissist. I might even grow up to be president like the one we have now.

"Dream on , dream until your dreams come true." Aeorsmith - Dream on.
I will cast my air of doubt on that one though.
We already had one severely narcissistic President

edit on 10/12/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Calm down, sunshine.

The post immediately before set the situation. The "if" indicates a hypothetical.

I could see your confusion though. My bad.

No worries...I thought you were done. Have another medal....
You were a entertaining adversary.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Good, IF this is true it's about time they did some good.

Let the destructive right-wingers go on their own and stop leeching off ordinary people

edit on 12-10-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I was just clarifying. Honestly wasn't being sarcastic. Thanks for the medals; callbacks are fun. I'll put them next to my soccer trophy from 1998.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
So my suggestion is, at least my feeling on the topic is, that we need to pressure our representatives to regulate sites like Facebook and Twitter in a different direction.

Instead of censorship we need to push for anti-censorship, as I see it.
I prefer open information and transparency and free-speech.

The concept of "fake news" isn't even legitimate, it is so vague and allows anyone to censor anything they don't like dam near.

I hope we can reverse this trend, but as most of you already know many of the representatives in various governing bodies that call the shots on things like this are very fond of censorship, secrecy, and holding onto power even if it requires corruption. The first two protect the last from being found out.

We simply cannot afford to allow the power elite to stay in power any longer, we need a new power paradigm. But I do believe it's absolutely necessary to have a highly educated population as well, which we sadly do not have currently.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It would be nice if you can prove it that you actually run a successful business because on the internet you can be whoever you want to be.

I only ask because you constantly tell us that lying is a against the t&c.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

It would be nice if you can prove it that you actually run a successful business because on the internet you can be whoever you want to be.

Doxxing is a real thing. I'd advise against it.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I remember years ago when the MSM was forced to give equal time the right wing screamed like monkeys.

This is the same thing.

And then you hypocrites complain when they make bakers cook cakes for gay weddings.

Free country, you can't force organizations to accept stupidity, ignorance, and bigotry-- the soul of the right-wing philosophy

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Doxxing is a real thing. I'd advise against it.

I talked to Feinstein and she said it was okay.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I disagree.

I loathe the thought of government getting involved with speech.

A simple court case should settle it.

Should public sites like Google etc be under the Public Accommodation ruling like the bakers who refused to bake cakes for gay weddings?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join