It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook And Twitter Ban Popular Independent Media Sites In Coordinated Purge

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What's going on with FB and TW ain't got jacksnip to do with capitalism.

Because the bottom line is MONEY.

I thought capitalism was about MONEY.

edit on 12-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Shoes aren't a belief system. You know what you couldn't do at your business? Deny me for being Jewish. Or for being black. You'd have a lawsuit on your hands for sure.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

It is.

Banning thousands of users that generate ad revenue ISN'T.
edit on 12-10-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Money has everything to do with capitalism, these companies clearly aren't worried about their platforms losing money, this likely is a similar marketing strategy that Nike just successfully employed. Watch their profits increase over this drama, I'm calling it now.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Shoes aren't a belief system. You know what you couldn't do at your business? Deny me for being Jewish. Or for being black. You'd have a lawsuit on your hands for sure.

I don't care if you are Jewish or black, I wouldn't serve you because you won't abide by my T&C. Just like ATS...

Also just for your information, I don't serve morons, space aliens, or long haired hippies. Sue me!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I don't care if you are Jewish or black, I wouldn't serve you because you won't abide by my T&C. Just like ATS...

Also just for your information, I don't serve morons.

Calm down, sunshine.

If your stores "T&C" didn't allow Mexicans, that would be illegal. I don't understand why that's so difficult to grasp.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

What about gays?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SammyB0476

What about gays?

If they are well behaved, have a seat. It they are strutting around and bothering other customers, their might be a problem.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

How many GD times does it have to be said.

The goal of capitalism is to make money.

Not lose it (Banning thousands of users that MAKE a company money).

MOVE ON.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SammyB0476

What about gays?

Sammy gets it. But the point seems to fly over the head of olaru. Good luck getting a reasonable answer not filled with insults.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
a reply to: sine.nomine

I'm sorry, but do your tax dollars support my web servers?

Do your web servers run on their own separate internet? And I really couldn't care less about your web servers. But thanks for answering my question?

My web servers a hosted via lines OWNED by cogent communications and leased to my ISP, to which I pay 360 a month to.

So to answer your question in a more direct manner, you're comparing apples and oranges. One of those things are able to be a business and profit due to taxes supporting public infrastructure and utilities that I pay and the other contains proprietary software that you nor your tax dollars have had anything to do with. You're not entitled to access that software.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Calm down, sunshine.

If your stores "T&C" didn't allow Mexicans, that would be illegal. I don't understand why that's so difficult to grasp.

No one is denied service because of their sexual orientation, race, or religion. Come in for a sandwich and a beer and I'll tell you what my T&C is comprised of,..... sunshine. I'll buy the next round.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Do you understand what a marketing strategy is, perhaps you should apply for job at facebook and explain to them how to make money because you seem to think they don't know how to...

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Fine. I honestly don't care, no offense. That's not the argument I'm really trying to make. You win. Have a medal.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Apply for a job at Facebook?

I have morals,Ethics and would never work for a snip hat like Zuckerberg.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Calm down, sunshine.

No one is denied service because of their sexual orientation, race, or religion. Come in for a sandwich and a beer and I'll tell you what my T&C is comprised of,..... sunshine.

I probably won't patronize whatever shop you run, but I appreciate the invitation.

I'm only posing the question of whether or not discrimination by political affiliation is something that should have some protections or rules, much in the same manner of sexual orientation, race or religion.

I don't understand the animosity. I don't think I was being insulting or unreasonable.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: xuenchen

Get ready for the "use something else" argument to try to rationalize censorship. Sad honestly

It's political censorship by proxy.

It's slimy, disgusting, cowardly, but it is legal.

The real scary part is that they are doing this on purpose so government WILL step in and start regulating free speech.

That's a lie. No one is being censored. You have people breaking TOS agreements then crying censorship.

You are full of bovine excrement.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Calm down, sunshine.

No one is denied service because of their sexual orientation, race, or religion. Come in for a sandwich and a beer and I'll tell you what my T&C is comprised of,..... sunshine.

I probably won't patronize whatever shop you run, but I appreciate the invitation.

I'm only posing the question of whether or not discrimination by political affiliation is something that should have some protections or rules, much in the same manner of sexual orientation, race or religion.

I don't understand the animosity. I don't think I was being insulting or unreasonable.

Well Sunshine, I get a little annoyed when people want to control the way I do business and threaten to sue me.
I'll wager zukerbird feels the same way, regardless if it's government intrusion or anything else.

Get an LLC open up your own place and you will soon see what I mean.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Calm down, sunshine.

Well Sunshine, I get a little annoyed when people want to control the way I do business and threaten to sue me.

Get an LLC open up your own place and you will soon see what I mean.

I actually have an LLC...

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: xuenchen

Get ready for the "use something else" argument to try to rationalize censorship. Sad honestly

It's political censorship by proxy.

It's slimy, disgusting, cowardly, but it is legal.

The real scary part is that they are doing this on purpose so government WILL step in and start regulating free speech.

That's a lie. No one is being censored. You have people breaking TOS agreements then crying censorship.

You are full of bovine excrement.

emember dis...

Facebook censored a post for ‘hate speech.’ It was the Declaration of Independence.

a link

LOL @ the 'breaking TOS agreements then crying censorship' dribble - CNN approves.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join