It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook And Twitter Ban Popular Independent Media Sites In Coordinated Purge

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes, exactly. I just wish people could discuss this without hardlining left or right and insulting everyone. Oh and I realize it isn't illegal, but as I've been saying, I think there should be some kinds of protections in place for the users.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: xuenchen

Get ready for the "use something else" argument to try to rationalize censorship. Sad honestly

It's political censorship by proxy.

It's slimy, disgusting, cowardly, but it is legal.

The real scary part is that they are doing this on purpose so government WILL step in and start regulating free speech.

That's a lie. No one is being censored. You have people breaking TOS agreements then crying censorship.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Yes, exactly. I just wish people could discuss this without hardlining left or right and insulting everyone. Oh and I realize it isn't illegal, but as I've been saying, I think there should be some kinds of protections in place for the users.

Why? I do whatever the # with my web servers. You want me to do what YOU want me to with them? Pay me.

link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Oh I'm sorry, you were trying to make a point? Must've missed it, all I heard was the same ol' blah blah blah...

Have a good day Enlightened1.

That's it that's how you do it, now go and apply the same thinking with twitter and facebook and all your woes will disappear just like that...

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If Drudge, the catholic church and Rush can control their own networks the way they want, but Facebook can't? See your disconnect?

Is there something about the difference between social media networks and private informational networks which you don't understand? How much government tax breaks specifically surrounding their online footprint do Drudge, the church, and Rush receive? How much data gathering do those other sites do? Do any of those sites have profiles developed of private people who have not ever visited or created an account?

Do you understand the difference between an apple and an orange?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Want to know what's also really simple ?

For corporate fascists to treat everyone equally.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Want to know what's also really simple ?

For corporate fascists to treat everyone equally.

Are you communist disguised as a conservative neo?

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

If Drudge, the catholic church and Rush can control their own networks the way they want, but Facebook can't? See your disconnect?

Is there something about the difference between social media networks and private informational networks which you don't understand? How much government tax breaks specifically surrounding their online footprint do Drudge, the church, and Rush receive? How much data gathering do those other sites do? Do any of those sites have profiles developed of private people who have not ever visited or created an account?

Ah, you don't know how to avoid social media, and avoid data aggregation, so you need the government to step in and help you right?

Man up and take personal responsibility.

link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Why? I do whatever the # with my web servers. You want me to do what YOU want me to with them? Pay me.

What if you couldn't get service at any store in the nation because you were refused service for your beliefs?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Yes, I'm sure you do hear blah blah blah, if you removed your fingers from your ears you'd be able to understand what I'm saying though.

But we will have it your way, let's stay in reality TV land where everything goes just right to keep the drama and conflict going all season with barely any hitches in-between. Just stay tuned to the news, they'll tell you exactly what's going on in each episode. Be sure to get emotionally invested in one team or the other though, otherwise it loses its appeal.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

That said, I don't use Google, Facebook, or Twitter. But so many people do without knowledge of their political biases. And that should be concerning to anyone.

It's their choice to use any media platform they choose just like your are free to not use them. It's apparent conservatives want control not freedom of speech.

Not free enterprise and not capitalism but government intervention into the media. Don't talk to me about "back to the constitution" or "bill of rights" hypocrites....

Um... I didn't say "back to the Constitution" or "bill or rights". I said these companies are using public infrastructure and asked whether or not the users should have some rights. Just as a shop owner can't refuse service because of race or religion. How is censoring about freedom of speech and not control?

You just don't get it do you? Public Infrastructure isn't free. Companies pay to use it and they should be able to use it how ever their business model dictates. And the users have rights, either use it of don't...your choice. Just like ATS, either abide by the T&C or gtfo. or banned. Admit it, you just want your partisan ideas allowed on media platforms. You don't care about freedom.

I own a business and if you come in wearing brown shoes, I'm not going to serve you!! Know why?...I pay the goddamn bills, rent, workmans comp everything to keep the doors open. If you don't like it.....take your business elsewhere, or change shoes.
edit on 12-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What I am is effing disgusted with the lefts GD double standard.

Because they said a private business( wedding cake bakers) doesn't get the right to discriminate against customers.

Comes along Fascistbook and Twiter. Doing EXACTLY that.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I'm sorry, but do your tax dollars support my web servers?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

These companies have grown so large and powerful they can pretty much do as they please, it's a downside of capitalism. It is what it is and the only way to counter it is to introduce a competitor into the market.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
is it the same person who has been paying all these women to make false accusations of rape and sexual assault against trump, then moore, then kavenaugh, along with all these protestors that have been out on the street so often?

just asking because that person has to be close to being broke by now!!!

Not even close, he has a net worth of like $25 billion.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Ah, you don't know how to avoid social media, and avoid data aggregation, so you need the government to step in and help you right?

Man up and take personal responsibility.

I've had this discussion with someone else on this site, perhaps it was you? Facebook builds shadow profiles of people based off of other, less scrupulous member's email contact lists, cell phone contacts, etc.

Facebook's Shadow Profiles

Got news for you, if you have an email address for your work, Facebook has a profile on you. In addition to that, the information has been sold by Facebook to a multitude of data aggregate servers who work with data from Google, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, etc... all to create a massive hidden online profile of YOU. Whether you, yourself, signed on to be part of that little deal or not.
edit on 12-10-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: Fixed link

link   
Ppl with old a/c s should know you can't get a new a/c on this site without passing through either fb / twitter/ linkedin / google . No other options available

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What's going on with FB and TW ain't got jacksnip to do with capitalism.

Because the bottom line is MONEY.

It don't discriminate.

The more of it. The Better.

Throwing it away over political ideology ?

STUPID AS IT GETS.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

a reply to: sine.nomine

I'm sorry, but do your tax dollars support my web servers?

Do your web servers run on their own separate internet? And I really couldn't care less about your web servers. But thanks for answering my question?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
Ppl with old a/c s should know you can't get a new a/c on this site without passing through either fb / twitter/ linkedin / google . No other options available

That's ultimately why these posts on this particular website is hilarious as #.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join