It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook And Twitter Ban Popular Independent Media Sites In Coordinated Purge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

And that's what I'm talking about as well. They know that they can do whatever they want and people will still continue to use their product.

Why WOULDN'T those in power take advantage of these huge platforms to push their agenda of divide and conquer?

I'm not denying that it's happening nor am I excusing it, but guess who's NOT going to talk about it. The liberal media, because they're not supposed to. The alternative media (which is just as popular as the mainstream) are the ones who report on those stories. That's the dichotomy those in power have set up in order to pit the two sides against each other constantly.
edit on 10/12/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: xuenchen

Get ready for the "use something else" argument to try to rationalize censorship. Sad honestly

It's political censorship by proxy.

It's slimy, disgusting, cowardly, but it is legal.

The real scary part is that they are doing this on purpose so government WILL step in and start regulating free speech.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Of mocking yourself? Pretty good. You'll notice that no one said anything that you said in your triggered rant? That's because you are not addressing anything anyone said but your own preconceived notions or misconceptions about the person(s).

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
These threads are a crack up, conservatives complaining how private companies run their businesses and want government to step in an regulate them.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Damn, guess I gotta try harder. I can only dream to be like you one day.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: dawnstar

Somebody's paying them and I know who !!

is it the same person who has been paying all these women to make false accusations of rape and sexual assault against trump, then moore, then kavenaugh, along with all these protestors that have been out on the street so often?

just asking because that person has to be close to being broke by now!!!

Are you seriously going to defend Moore??? I mean cmon man, that dude is a creep and most likely did have sexual relations with a 14yo.

You don't read much do you.

Where was he defending Moore specifically?

Your being serious right now aren’t you. And you say I don’t read much lol. Dude go read the post again and get back to me.

I did, dude. He mentions Moore, along with kavanaugh in making another point entirely, and you single-mindedly focus on "Moore"

Your right I did focus on Moore because the other two are complete bull # accusations. But Moore, now that is a different story.

And how do you know? What evidence presented was more damning for Moore than anyone else?

ETA: Mods, not trying to derail with this line of questioning, but consider the implications of the topic with regard to Moore and Kavanaugh.

Your right I don’t know and neither do you or anyone else. For all we know he and others did or did not do these things. But his accusations seem to have “Moore” validity than the others.

"Seem".

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
These threads are a crack up, conservatives complaining how private companies run their businesses and want government to step in an regulate them.

Net Neutrality threads are funny too when Progressives do the same.

Doh.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I do understand that. But I think the question hinted at in the thread asks if that's legal or moral. Can alternative platforms really compete when Twitter and Facebook are so integrated with other services? Shouldn't there be some protections in place for the users? A shop owner can't just say "well, that's capitalism" and refuse to serve a person for their color, or religion, etc. This is especially concerning in this political climate and this social media age in which many people do only get information on social media. Even Google plus couldn't compete.

That said, I don't use Google, Facebook, or Twitter. But so many people do without knowledge of their political biases. And that should be concerning to anyone.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Net Neutrality threads are funny too when Progressives do the same.

Doh.

Well then bud, you are free to start your own social media platform and censor whoever you feel like... Go capitalism...
edit on 12-10-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey just carried out quite possibly the biggest attack on the free press in the history of America and the corporate media is cheering it on.

Fascistbook, and Twitternazi.

21st century book burning.

Sieg Heil.

Sieg Heil.

May the sun never fade from the digital reich.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Somebody's paying them and I know who !!

is it the same person who has been paying all these women to make false accusations of rape and sexual assault against trump, then moore, then kavenaugh, along with all these protestors that have been out on the street so often?

just asking because that person has to be close to being broke by now!!!

Are you seriously going to defend Moore??? I mean cmon man, that dude is a creep and most likely did have sexual relations with a 14yo.

You don't read much do you.

Where was he defending Moore specifically?

Your being serious right now aren’t you. And you say I don’t read much lol. Dude go read the post again and get back to me.

I did, dude. He mentions Moore, along with kavanaugh in making another point entirely, and you single-mindedly focus on "Moore"

Your right I did focus on Moore because the other two are complete bull # accusations. But Moore, now that is a different story.

And how do you know? What evidence presented was more damning for Moore than anyone else?

ETA: Mods, not trying to derail with this line of questioning, but consider the implications of the topic with regard to Moore and Kavanaugh.

Your right I don’t know and neither do you or anyone else. For all we know he and others did or did not do these things. But his accusations seem to have “Moore” validity than the others.

"Seem".

Arse

Sorry mods just having some fun here.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

That said, I don't use Google, Facebook, or Twitter. But so many people do without knowledge of their political biases. And that should be concerning to anyone.

It's their choice to use any media platform they choose just like your are free to not use them. It's apparent conservatives want control not freedom of speech.

Not free enterprise and not capitalism but government intervention into the media. Don't talk to me about "back to the constitution" or "bill of rights" hypocrites....

edit on 12-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

So nothing to counter my point, just deflections and passive aggressiveness? Nice.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

It isn't illegal obviously but that's doesn't necessarily mean it's moral. It's a fine line between freedom and authoritarianism whichever way you look at it. On one hand a company should be able to operate itself without government influence but on the other they should not be allowed to censor or silence certain people or groups. It's in the gray area which is exactly why Facebook and Twitter do it.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: sine.nomine

It's their choice to use any media platform they choose just like your are free to not use them. It's apparent conservatives want control not freedom of speech.

Not free enterprise and not capitalism but government intervention into the media. Don't talk to me about "back to the constitution" or "bill of rights" hypocrites....

Um... I didn't say "back to the Constitution" or "bill or rights". I said these companies are using public infrastructure and asked whether or not the users should have some rights. Just as a shop owner can't refuse service because of race or religion. How is censoring about freedom of speech and not control?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
How about this, build/rent/buy/lease a web server, grab a domain, and put whatever you'd like on it? Neither facebook nor twitter need to accommodate you, they pay the cost to keep the servers running. They pay the cost to develop the applications. You're not entitled to used them. They don't owe you anything. Think you're being censored (you're not, just follow the rules, but snowflakes think rules should only apply to others I suppose)? Tough, build your own damned platform.

Lol. "Free press".

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Maybe if you read the wall of text you'd know why it's there? That's a good starting point I think, actually reading the entire post before replying to it.

Sorry if my paragraphs are too long for you though. Maybe I should keep it to a few words without much of a point. Maybe you could give me some pointers?

ETA: My attitude is a reflection of the person I'm responding to. Want to throw mud? Be prepared for some to come back at you.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Oh I'm sorry, you were trying to make a point? Must've missed it, all I heard was the same ol' blah blah blah...

Have a good day Enlightened1.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yet tools keep using it, complaining about it, but still using it.

Make your own. Simple. Really really simple.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join