It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook And Twitter Ban Popular Independent Media Sites In Coordinated Purge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: olaru12

The FCC disagrees, both on your false definition of "propaganda" and on what responsibilities companies using public media infrastructure have towards fairness and treatment of their users.

Then perhaps you should get a clipboard and start a petition to have the FCC crack down privately owned media platforms.

If Drudge, the catholic church and Rush can control their own networks the way they want, but Facebook can't? See your disconnect?

Just what we need, more government intrusion into private business. Some conservative you are...

Ah, so you're against Net Neutrality then?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Did I not call out CNN? They're yall's favorite punching bags around here. It doesn't matter how "mainstream" the organization is, the internet and alternative publications are just as popular these days, if not more so.

I doubt there is a single Trump supporter who watches CNN and enjoys the coverage, unless they're a masochist. Where do you think roughly half of the country gets their news from? Not the "mainstream" media. If you consider Fox News mainstream then a decent portion of Trump's supporters still trusts the mainstream media in some way or form but the fact still remains alternative sources are just as popular if not moreso.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Allaroundyou

just asking since it seems that every time there's a left protest or someone comes out making an accusation against a republican it seems that they are being paid off by soros, according to most on ATS it seems.
that's a heck of alot of money if all these people are getting a fair price for their services considering.

If it’s a lot of money then why do it? Now to be fair I have found advertising on that Craigslist for paid protest participants. On both sides I might add. But protest don’t solve crap nowadays.
And to play the devils advocate, at least these extreme liberal basement living kids are making money

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I’m not comfortable with it but that is out of my control. That is capitalism my friend. And if someday I wake up and Google is all that’s left then I’ll stop using it. Really not a big deal man. I’ll just go outside and ride my bike and have BB gun wars like I used to. Ya know the golden days when no one gave a shiz.

No that is not Capitalism. That is its bastard brother.
And that is why we have Anti-Trust laws.
Somehow I don't think those golden days are too far removed for you.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It doesn't matter how "mainstream" the organization is, the internet and alternative publications are just as popular these days, if not more so.

Yeah... It's a shame they all got shadow banned for their opinions on their biggest platforms...

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Did I not call out CNN? They're yall's favorite punching bags around here. It doesn't matter how "mainstream" the organization is, the internet and alternative publications are just as popular these days, if not more so.

I doubt there is a single Trump supporter who watches CNN and enjoys the coverage, unless they're a masochist. Where do you think roughly half of the country gets their news from? Not the "mainstream" media. If you consider Fox News mainstream then a decent portion of Trump's supporters still trusts the mainstream media in some way or form but the fact still remains alternative sources are just as popular if not moreso.

If that's the case, why the wall of text?
Hmm.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Get ready for the "use something else" argument to try to rationalize censorship. Sad honestly

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The pages included The Free Thought Project, Press For Truth, Anti-Media, Cop Block, Filming Cops, Counter Current News, Right Wing News, Noisy Room, Gun Laws Don't Work, Reverb Press, Nation in Distress, Clash Daily, Voluntaryist Veterans and many more.

Filming Cops is not conservative.
Cop Block is not conservative.
Counter Current News is not conservative.
The Free Thought Project is a mixture.

ETA:

Anti-Media is not conservative either.
edit on 2018-10-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

If Fox can broadcast it's rightwing propaganda because it's a privately owned corporation.

Why can't facebook and twitter run their business the way they want. It's not a state owned utility is it?

I 100% agree with this statement. If people don’t like it then f#$%ing don’t use it. Simple as that.

You may have a very valid point.

If the majority of people don't like Democrats, then why have them around? Simple as that.

I sure as hell don’t want either side trying to change my opinion. If someone did try they better have a very good argument to back them. And if someone does have a good argument I remove myself from the situation and go do some research and come to my own conclusion.

link   
Blah blah blah I am the smartest and bestest blah blah blah...

Blah blah blah I have it all figured out and you don't blah blah blah...

Blah blah blah hey look at me blah blah blah.....

Blah blah blah your'e all sheep blah blah blah..

Blah blah blah.. did I say I was the smartest and bestest yet? Blah blah blah..

Blah blah blah...

link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Alternative sources of news are just as popular as mainstream sources. You act as if most people only get their news from mainstream sources. Nope, that's not the case in the internet age where one has endless sources and you can stick with whatever one suits your biases.
edit on 10/12/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You sound triggered. I'm imagining a kid sticking his fingers in his ears while reading this. Lol.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I’m not comfortable with it but that is out of my control. That is capitalism my friend. And if someday I wake up and Google is all that’s left then I’ll stop using it. Really not a big deal man. I’ll just go outside and ride my bike and have BB gun wars like I used to. Ya know the golden days when no one gave a shiz.

So what if I still ride my bike and have BB gun wars! What’s it to you? Wanna join in on the fun? Or are ya chicken?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You don't know what you're talking about.

Anti trust laws are a joke...that's the reason you will be paying $4.00 + a gallon when theres an oil glut and tankers off shore with nowhere to dump.

Anti trust laws were canceled when speculators took over the markets and banks...remember, to big to fail? That was your taxes mr conservative.
edit on 12-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

How'd I do? I tried my best.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

a reply to: sine.nomine

Alternative sources of news are just as popular as mainstream sources. You act as if most people only get their news from mainstream sources. Nope, that's not the case in the internet age where one has endless sources and you can stick with whatever one suits your biases.

I totally agree, but that's kinda the topic of the thread. When Facebook and Twitter hold so much weight on the internet, it's a bit crippling to shadow ban organizations because of the bias of the platform.
edit on 12-10-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

You don't know what you're talking about.

Anti trust laws are a joke...that's the reason you will be paying $4.00 + a gallon when theres an oil glut and tankers off shore with nowhere to dump.

Anti trust laws were canceled when speculators took over the markets and banks...remember, to big to fail?

Neither do you it seems.

Funny that.

I've a feeling we'll see more Anti-Trust cases with less Democrat judges to protect the lefts donors.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Somebody's paying them and I know who !!

is it the same person who has been paying all these women to make false accusations of rape and sexual assault against trump, then moore, then kavenaugh, along with all these protestors that have been out on the street so often?

just asking because that person has to be close to being broke by now!!!

Are you seriously going to defend Moore??? I mean cmon man, that dude is a creep and most likely did have sexual relations with a 14yo.

You don't read much do you.

Where was he defending Moore specifically?

Your being serious right now aren’t you. And you say I don’t read much lol. Dude go read the post again and get back to me.

I did, dude. He mentions Moore, along with kavanaugh in making another point entirely, and you single-mindedly focus on "Moore"

Your right I did focus on Moore because the other two are complete bull # accusations. But Moore, now that is a different story.

And how do you know? What evidence presented was more damning for Moore than anyone else?

ETA: Mods, not trying to derail with this line of questioning, but consider the implications of the topic with regard to Moore and Kavanaugh.
edit on 12-10-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The pages included The Free Thought Project, Press For Truth, Anti-Media, Cop Block, Filming Cops, Counter Current News, Right Wing News, Noisy Room, Gun Laws Don't Work, Reverb Press, Nation in Distress, Clash Daily, Voluntaryist Veterans and many more.

Filming Cops is not conservative.
Cop Block is not conservative.
Counter Current News is not conservative.
The Free Thought Project is a mixture.

ETA:

Anti-Media is not conservative either.

They had their red herrings and scapegoats set up ahead of time.

They had to make it look "good".

💥😎💥

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Somebody's paying them and I know who !!

is it the same person who has been paying all these women to make false accusations of rape and sexual assault against trump, then moore, then kavenaugh, along with all these protestors that have been out on the street so often?

just asking because that person has to be close to being broke by now!!!

Are you seriously going to defend Moore??? I mean cmon man, that dude is a creep and most likely did have sexual relations with a 14yo.

You don't read much do you.

Where was he defending Moore specifically?

Your being serious right now aren’t you. And you say I don’t read much lol. Dude go read the post again and get back to me.

I did, dude. He mentions Moore, along with kavanaugh in making another point entirely, and you single-mindedly focus on "Moore"

Your right I did focus on Moore because the other two are complete bull # accusations. But Moore, now that is a different story.

And how do you know? What evidence presented was more damning for Moore than anyone else?

ETA: Mods, not trying to derail with this line of questioning, but consider the implications of the topic with regard to Moore and Kavanaugh.

Your right I don’t know and neither do you or anyone else. For all we know he and others did or did not do these things. But his accusations seem to have “Moore” validity than the others.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join