It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook And Twitter Ban Popular Independent Media Sites In Coordinated Purge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The FCC disagrees, both on your false definition of "propaganda" and on what responsibilities companies using public media infrastructure have towards fairness and treatment of their users.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: xuenchen

Somebody's paying them and I know who !!

is it the same person who has been paying all these women to make false accusations of rape and sexual assault against trump, then moore, then kavenaugh, along with all these protestors that have been out on the street so often?

just asking because that person has to be close to being broke by now!!!

Are you seriously going to defend Moore??? I mean cmon man, that dude is a creep and most likely did have sexual relations with a 14yo.

You don't read much do you.

Where was he defending Moore specifically?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
No wonder Facebook stock is plummeting, people are tired of their nazi style censorship.
Plus it’s just a click bait information gatherer that out grew its usefulness.

Accusing other of crybaby BS whilst having a online tantrum,classy stuff.

Right, 2.23 billion facebook users world wide. Yeah they're scared. Zukkerberd is probably eligible for food stamps.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

MEH who cares honestly? I know I don’t and I don’t use either one of those stupid things. Also this has been known for awhile now so really nothing to see here.

You and I may not use them, but MANY do.

Put this another way, how comfortable are you with companies that control the flow of information having a single sided agenda one way or the other?

Well to be honest at this point in my life I care less than I used to. If sheeple get there one sided news from these sources then that’s on them. I myself try my best to look through as many articles about a situation or politician as possible as to hopefully get the facts. And also if people are upset then stop using the platform.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Only way the left can win is to cheat, censor, lie.

*shrugs*

Well, at least they haven't changed much the last few hundred years.

Yay for consistency!

To the OP, they are just doing some DNC damage control because of the Kavanaugh effect.

By pissing Republicans and Independents off more.

Wonder if the generic polling data Monday will show a 2% upswing for Republicans again?

It's almost like they have been taken over by Republican operatives.

Or are just batsnip crazy.

I'm opting for the latter... work harder DNC!!!!

You haven't lost enough voters yet!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

is it the same person who has been paying all these women to make false accusations of rape and sexual assault against trump, then moore, then kavenaugh, along with all these protestors that have been out on the street so often?

Are you seriously going to defend Moore??? I mean cmon man, that dude is a creep and most likely did have sexual relations with a 14yo.

Your being serious right now aren’t you. And you say I don’t read much lol. Dude go read the post again and get back to me.

link   
Well I am not one of those users. Farm on.
Care to answer any other parts of my post?

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If Fox can broadcast it's rightwing propaganda because it's a privately owned corporation.

Why can't facebook and twitter run their business the way they want. It's not a state owned utility is it?

I 100% agree with this statement. If people don’t like it then f#$%ing don’t use it. Simple as that.

You may have a very valid point.

If the majority of people don't like Democrats, then why have them around? Simple as that.

link   
This is definitely not a coordinated effort to stoke the hate raging between the two parties even more than it already is. This is totally happening organically, there's no ulterior motive behind all these moves being made by various media and government organizations. They couldn't POSSIBLY be using all these "organic" scenarios to further divide us down social lines. Nope, not at all, it's all real for sure.

I should go write on Facebook about it. I bet the president made a really good tweet about it too, I should go check Twitter while I'm at it.

I have to be TOTALLY immersed in this totally naturally occurring spectacle of continuously divisive events picked up and reported on by the media for days and weeks on end that is totally NOT scripted.

I'm gonna go to CNN's website and check out what I should be outraged about today. If I don't like the left wing spin they put on it there I can always go to Breitbart to get their right wing spin on it. If all else fails I could go to my social media site of choice and join in on the echo chamber happening there to help me confirm my biases.

Thank God these media organizations let me know what's REALLY happening in the world, how else would I be able to know what's important? The media keeps me focused on IMPORTANT issues, forget the fact I claim to not trust them, I still trust them enough to not question their true motives behind being so blatantly partisan and biased despite knowing the reaction it got the thousand other times they did the same thing before.

Totally not a psyop.

Anyways, some random guy in a city halfway across the country said something mean/nice about Trump then got into a fight with a Trump supporter/hater. I think I've found my new way to justify my hate for all of "them", by attributing that person's actions with all of them! Brilliant.
edit on 10/12/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The FCC disagrees, both on your false definition of "propaganda" and on what responsibilities companies using public media infrastructure have towards fairness and treatment of their users.

This.

If these companies had built their own infrastructure, they'd be considered monopolies by now and broken up.

I agree with cognizant420 in saying that I'm voting a straight ticket Republican. This will be the first time I've ever done it.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

You get 95% of your information from Facebook and Twitter? Wow, you've set some really low bars for yourself there.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

MEH who cares honestly? I know I don’t and I don’t use either one of those stupid things. Also this has been known for awhile now so really nothing to see here.

You and I may not use them, but MANY do.

Put this another way, how comfortable are you with companies that control the flow of information having a single sided agenda one way or the other?

Well to be honest at this point in my life I care less than I used to. If sheeple get there one sided news from these sources then that’s on them. I myself try my best to look through as many articles about a situation or politician as possible as to hopefully get the facts. And also if people are upset then stop using the platform.

That has nothing to do with my question, which was:
How comfortable are you with companies that control the flow of information having a single sided agenda one way or the other?

You see, you may go and look for every article and find the truth somewhere in the middle, but what if one day you wake up and find that Google is the only search engine left?

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Flatcoat

You get 95% of your information from Facebook and Twitter? Wow, you've set some really low bars for yourself there.

I sadly know way too many people who do... And some who post on ATS.

edit on 12-10-2018 by sine.nomine because: Typo

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Then perhaps you should get a clipboard and start a petition to have the FCC crack down on privately owned media platforms.

If Drudge, the catholic church and Rush can control their own networks the way they want, but Facebook can't? See your disconnect?

Just what we need, more government intrusion into private business. Some conservative you are...

edit on 12-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This is definitely not a coordinated effort to stoke the hate raging between the two parties even more than it already is. This is totally happening organically, there's no ulterior motive behind all these moves being made by various media and government organizations. They couldn't POSSIBLY be using all these "organic" scenarios to further divide us down social lines. Nope, not at all, it's all real for sure.

I should go write on Facebook about it. I bet the president made a really good tweet about it too, I should go check Twitter while I'm at it.

I have to be TOTALLY immersed in this totally naturally occurring spectacle of continuously divisive events picked up and reported on by the media for days and weeks on end that is totally NOT scripted.

I'm gonna go to CNN's website and check out what I should be outraged about today. If I don't like the left wing spin they put on it there I can always go to Breitbart to get their right wing spin on it. If all else fails I could go to my social isita site of choice and join in on the echo chamber happening there to help me confirm my biases.

Thank God these media organizations let me know what's REALLY happening in the world, how else would I be able to know what's happening? The media keeps me focused on IMPORTANT issues, forget the fact I claim to not trust them, I still trust them enough to not question their true motives behind being so blatantly partisan and biased despite them knowing the reaction it got the thousand other times it happened before.

All that, yet you fail to mention that the majority of media organizations lean left... but its all equal from the fence right?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

just asking since it seems that every time there's a left protest or someone comes out making an accusation against a republican it seems that they are being paid off by soros, according to most on ATS it seems.
that's a heck of alot of money if all these people are getting a fair price for their services considering.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Your being serious right now aren’t you. And you say I don’t read much lol. Dude go read the post again and get back to me.

I did, dude. He mentions Moore, along with kavanaugh in making another point entirely, and you single-mindedly focus on "Moore"

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I’m not comfortable with it but that is out of my control. That is capitalism my friend. And if someday I wake up and Google is all that’s left then I’ll stop using it. Really not a big deal man. I’ll just go outside and ride my bike and have BB gun wars like I used to. Ya know the golden days when no one gave a shiz.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
When you can't debate retaliate! What a confused & slimy bunch of globalist losers.

Meanwhile Google Relies on Soros as an ‘Expert’ in Good Censor’ Report

Google wants to cite only the best experts in their fields in order to justify its position. Who better than liberal billionaire George Soros?

In the Google presentation, “The Good Censor,” leaked to Breitbart, the search media company cited 27 so-called “experts” for different aspects of digital freedom and online censorship. Among those experts were George Soros, a ProPublica article, New York Times editorial board member Sarah Jeong, former New Republic editor Franklin Foer, and Slate writer April Glaser. (ProPublica is one of many news entities funded by Soros. His Open Society Foundation gave at least $737,411 to the non-profit journalism group.)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I did, dude. He mentions Moore, along with kavanaugh in making another point entirely, and you single-mindedly focus on "Moore"

Your right I did focus on Moore because the other two are complete bull # accusations. But Moore, now that is a different story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join