It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook And Twitter Ban Popular Independent Media Sites In Coordinated Purge

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I didn’t attack you

You attacked me

You forget so fast

I NEVER attack people, I have too much respect for human beings but when they attack me, I respond.

I respect people as long as they respect me, it's that goddamn simple

edit on 12-10-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: muzzleflash

I didn’t attack you

You attacked me

You forget so fast

I NEVER attack people, I have too much respect for human beings but when they attack me, I respond.

I respect people as long as they respect me, it's that goddamn simple

Dude, you have been attacking "right wingers" since your first post in this thread.

Respect???

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: olaru12

Shoes aren't a belief system. You know what you couldn't do at your business? Deny me for being Jewish. Or for being black. You'd have a lawsuit on your hands for sure.

I don't care if you are Jewish or black, I wouldn't serve you because you won't abide by my T&C. Just like ATS...

Also just for your information, I don't serve morons.

Calm down, sunshine.

If your stores "T&C" didn't allow Mexicans, that would be illegal. I don't understand why that's so difficult to grasp.

No one is denied service because of their sexual orientation, race, or religion. Come in for a sandwich and a beer and I'll tell you what my T&C is comprised of,..... sunshine.

I don't understand the animosity. I don't think I was being insulting or unreasonable.

Because Olaru is a leftist and is drooling over the conservative censorship. It's obvious.

Although this is the mudpit, I don't want to assume. I want to discuss. After all, that's what a forum is for, right? At some point common ground must be reached, no matter how slight. Otherwise, in my opinion, we could face some very violent future times.

I'm willing to listen, discuss, and hopefully learn so we can go about improving our collective situation.

Probably not a popular opinion in the mudpit, but this is where all (American) political topics go nowadays.
edit on 12-10-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Shoes aren't a belief system. You know what you couldn't do at your business? Deny me for being Jewish. Or for being black. You'd have a lawsuit on your hands for sure.

I don't care if you are Jewish or black, I wouldn't serve you because you won't abide by my T&C. Just like ATS...

Also just for your information, I don't serve morons.

Calm down, sunshine.

If your stores "T&C" didn't allow Mexicans, that would be illegal. I don't understand why that's so difficult to grasp.

No one is denied service because of their sexual orientation, race, or religion. Come in for a sandwich and a beer and I'll tell you what my T&C is comprised of,..... sunshine.

I don't understand the animosity. I don't think I was being insulting or unreasonable.

Because Olaru is a leftist and is drooling over the conservative censorship. It's obvious.

Although this is the mudpit, I don't want to assume. I want to discuss. After all, that's what a forum is for, right? At some point common ground must be reached, no matter how slight. Otherwise, in my opinion, we could face some very violent future times.

I'm willing to listen, discuss, and hopefully learn so we can go about improving our collective situation.

Probably not a popular opinion in the mudpit, but this is where all (American) political topics go nowadays.

I understand your sentiments and sometimes we can find common ground but on this issue? Never gonna happen...

I'm sure certain users opinions on this issue would do a 180 degree turn if it was left wing platforms being censored across the board.

Thankfully we have ATS where both sides opinions can be shouted from the rooftops.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"If you consider Fox News mainstream then a decent portion of Trump's supporters still trusts the mainstream media in some way or form but the fact still remains alternative sources are just as popular if not more so. -3NL1GHT3N3D1

If Alternative media was just as popular or more popular than MSM it would be MAINSTREAM not alternative. More viewers,reader, ect....Just saying.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

You may be right. I may be crazy...

Sorry.

I just believe in never saying never. A lot of my close friends and family disagree politically, but that doesn't mean I'll write them off. Although I've never met any if you in real life doesn't mean I don't care about you and want us to work together.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

If Facebook and Twitter are to now be considered private entities then they cease to be public forums and are then liable for content on their "private" platforms . Until recently they were considered public forums which precluded many lawsuits. There are also anti-trust concerns depending on what kind of entities they are. However, I think the massive 30% drop in Facebook's value on the stock market will likely result in more substantial changes than any of the aforementioned issues.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
So funny to see the gutless, the weak, the low iq and the easily manipulated are openly supporting this fascist move.

But I guess when the only, and I mean the ONLY thing they have left is to totally remove any opposition voice from speaking publicly then of course they'd support it.

Good news is : it's too late. About six months too late. The bird has flown libs, the ship is sunk and EVERY single person with more than 2 iq points has most definitely #walkedaway.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
You would think the Democrats would have the election won easily.

The pander to so many groups

Hollyweird will turn out in droves to vote Democrat
Antifa coming out this year in droves
LGBTQ coming out in droves, literally and figuratively.
BLM
Illegal aliens
Muslims
Now they are trying to give convicted criminals voting rights in ny.

They use their power at Facebook, Twitter, YouTube to create algorithms blocking conservatives.

How can any normal person align themselves with such radical groups?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
only the sheep use those sites anyways...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: xuenchen

Get ready for the "use something else" argument to try to rationalize censorship. Sad honestly

It's political censorship by proxy.

It's slimy, disgusting, cowardly, but it is legal.

The real scary part is that they are doing this on purpose so government WILL step in and start regulating free speech.

That's a lie. No one is being censored. You have people breaking TOS agreements then crying censorship.

I don't see how you know what lies are and what truth is. It seems you are living a lie and don't grasp that fact.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I wonder if MySpace would welcome back an influx of banned conservatives ?
As for Twitter as long a Trump isn't banned, it is a voice for many people.

Social media comes and goes look what happened to Digg verses Reddit, when people didn't like what went on.
Facebook should be careful, they are setting themselves up to be the next Digg.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What's going on with FB and TW ain't got jacksnip to do with capitalism.

Because the bottom line is MONEY.

I thought capitalism was about MONEY.

It is but what do you really know about it seems to be very little. Why speak of things you know not?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

I own and operate a business and it's nobody's business how I conduct mine. It's called capitalism and free enterprise, you got a problem with that?

Ha! You must be real winner to work for. I feel sorry for your serfs.

You don't have anything to worry about, I don't hire morons!! Or geeks that wear brown shoes!!

Easy to spot if you are one I have always heard.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Globalist Techies carrying out blatant censorship all of a sudden? Nahh, this has always been the case.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This wouldn’t be an issue if so many of these independent news sites didn’t knowingly and willfully publish outright falsehoods.

Should any site, right, left, middle or otherwise be allowed a platform to spew propaganda under the moniker of news?

EDIT: Also, this new ban wave was not just right wing sites it also included left wing sites as well so portraying this as Facebook singling out conservatives is misleading in itself
edit on 13-10-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
This wouldn’t be an issue if so many of these independent news sites didn’t knowingly and willfully publish outright falsehoods.

Should any site, right, left, middle or otherwise be allowed a platform to spew propaganda under the moniker of news?

EDIT: Also, this new ban wave was not just right wing sites it also included left wing sites as well so portraying this as Facebook singling out conservatives is misleading in itself

Especially independent sites like CNN and MSNBC

💥💥😁💥💥

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Especially independent sites like CNN and MSNBC

💥💥😁💥💥

Serious request.

People like to throw around that CNN and MSNBC lie all the time and publish fake news. But I have never seen them publish anything knowingly false in the past. I have seen them post a story and then post a correction a day or two later(which is common amongst all news companies) but I have never seen an example of them publishing fake news.
edit on 13-10-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I own and operate a business and it's nobody's business how I conduct mine. It's called capitalism and free enterprise, you got a problem with that?

Ha! You must be real winner to work for. I feel sorry for your serfs.

You don't have anything to worry about, I don't hire morons!! Or geeks that wear brown shoes!!

No. Your company is just run by a moron. I'll pass.

You love those brown shoes eh....

As compared to your brown nose?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What's going on with FB and TW ain't got jacksnip to do with capitalism.

Because the bottom line is MONEY.

I thought capitalism was about MONEY.

It is but what do you really know about it seems to be very little. Why speak of things you know not?

I know how to make money in the capitalistic, entrepreneurial market place.

Do you need a hug?

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join