It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook And Twitter Ban Popular Independent Media Sites In Coordinated Purge

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Haha, I'm just picturing a page with user-submitted pictures of their brown shoes. I don't know why this is so funny to me. It'd be like the Genocide Awareness Project, but with brown shoes. Just giant posters of brown shoes being stepped on and generally disrespected.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: muzzleflash

I guess my biggest problem is with the amount of campaign finances corporations can give to political candidates. I'm admittedly not super informed on the matter, but I think it's a problem. Same with superpacs. I should probably do more research but I don't want to get in a bad mood, lol.

ETA: By the way, I completely agree with corporations having due process and being susceptible to lawsuits. Something just seems unfair with corporate "sponsorship" to candidates.

The real problem is we the people.

You see it is we who allow corporations to run our lives. We willingly watch the tv and willingly believe in all the BS they present to us. We continue to buy their garbage, willingly. We even know it's wrong and do it anyways.

Corporations in reality have no power, until we give them all of our power and our money.

If the people were truly informed, determined, and voted with their time and money appropriately - none of this would have ever been a problem to begin with.

If people stopped giving a corporation their money, what would happen? It would dissolve overnight.

The Media is only powerful because people allow it.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Wait till you see all the brown show memes being generated.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I agree but kind of disagree. I know many people, myself included, who choose not to patronize large corporations. We grow our own food, and we trade vegetables, milk, eggs, and meat. There are definitely times in which you can't find a local alternative, but we are out there. We are growing. And we're Not. Goddamn. Vegans. Lol. But I get what you're saying as a people.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

With all due respect, you’re dealing with legal technical semantics

A corporation is NOT a person. It’s what they stupidly call a legal person; a non-existing entity and non sequitur.

Your logic is as flawed as the conservative that did citizens united on the depraved logic that corporations are equivalent to you and me and other human beings and have rights like humans.

And they did base their f____ up ruling on the technicality of corporations being a person with rights.

edit on 12-10-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I still can't believe you actually said that stuff... that you disagree but won't read.

Were you one of those kids that would say "smart people are dumb" and things like this?

Isn't education good? Why are you against words and reading?
Are you just angry and hateful?

Hahahhaha you actually said I should be sued for posting a disagreement with you (and posting enough links and valid info that I proved you completely wrong). I realize I have an ego but wow your ego is so fragile.

I very rarely taunt or ridicule someone but since you aren't reading this I guess it's totally OK to go ahead and be a jerk for a little bit. Can't hurt someone with written words who doesn't read.

Maybe you should sue me for emotional suffering instead? Might have a better case, hahaha!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

With all due respect, you’re dealing with legal technical semantics

A corporation is NOT a person. It’s what they stupidly call a legal person; a non-existing entity and non sequitur.

Your logic is as flawed as the conservative that did citizens united on the depraved logic that corporations are equivalent to you and me and other human beings and have rights like humans.

And they did base their f____ up ruling on the technicality of corporations being a person with rights.

You're wrong.
I didn't read your post.

You should be sued for being a huge scrub.

How does it feel to be treated the way you treat others?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Star for calling someone a "scrub" in 2018 (but mostly for calling out blatant BS).

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The reality is I understood your point without reading all that stuff.

You wasted your time and could have explained your point in a sentence.

You started this with the superfluous statement you couldn’t sue a corporation if it weren’t a person

So a screwy law says you can only sue a person, therefore a corporation is a person. I imagine it gets a cold and has a wife or husband, and can get crippled like corporation do to their employees and can get laid off and get unemployment.
Can join the army and get killed

They can take a corporation is a person and shove it up their _____

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I treat people with respect, I don't know what you're talking about.
You're the one with a smart alec mouth, not me.

I just hold up a mirror to supposed smart guys like you

You were wrong and just won't admit it.
So I'm smarter than you.

Accept it

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

So I'm smarter than you.

Accept it

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

So I'm smarter than you.

Accept it

]

I knew it you wear brown shoes....

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

When faulty logic is exposed gaudy and grotesque response ensues

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Anyway, trying to get back to the subject at hand. Any corporation has the right to run their intellectual property as they see fit and when they deem a TOS abuser is found they have the right to banish them.
Having nothing to do with the personage of corporations.

Parenthetically, not to belabor the point (just to enlighten the unenlightened) CU was based on the idea corporations have 1st amendment rights, therefore inherent in this decision is the corporate personage view.

Of course, since corporations have people in them then it’s reasonable to say the people have those rights as American citizens.

BUT…

The problem with this view is that no one denies that a corporation has marginal rights having real persons in it, but the reality is that rights have never been deemed to be unlimited… Therefore this decision was based on faulty logic, and one can consequently, reasonably conclude it was politically motivated.

The decision itself proscribes to the axiom that rights are NOT unlimited by the very fact of legally restricting the contributions to people as individuals can contribute to campaigns only if unconnected to the said politician they are contributing to or cause.

Case closed

Let's get back to the subject hand

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

When faulty logic is exposed gaudy and grotesque response ensues

How would you know that?

You said you don't read responses.
You admit you already know what they are saying, so no need.

Let me guess, you expect me to read your responses while you ignored mine?
Hahahahah

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

And you’re wrong as usual and should be sued

It took you that long to come up with all that nonsense no one will bother reading including me

The reality is I understood your point without reading all that stuff.

So I'm smarter than you.

Accept it

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: olaru12

Shoes aren't a belief system. You know what you couldn't do at your business? Deny me for being Jewish. Or for being black. You'd have a lawsuit on your hands for sure.

I don't care if you are Jewish or black, I wouldn't serve you because you won't abide by my T&C. Just like ATS...

Also just for your information, I don't serve morons.

Calm down, sunshine.

If your stores "T&C" didn't allow Mexicans, that would be illegal. I don't understand why that's so difficult to grasp.

No one is denied service because of their sexual orientation, race, or religion. Come in for a sandwich and a beer and I'll tell you what my T&C is comprised of,..... sunshine.

I don't understand the animosity. I don't think I was being insulting or unreasonable.

Because Olaru is a leftist and is drooling over the conservative censorship. It's obvious.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

You wouldn’t be trying to avoid the topic, would you? So why don’t you move on bro...

I didn’t say I don’t read posts, I didn’t read your post...

That was topped by an insult

I don’t do that but when attacked I respond.

You don’t have the intellectual capacity to debate me, so let’s just move on before you get embarrassed

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This ^^^^ is why I spent the last 3 or 4 years avoiding 99% of ATS threads on political debates.

You try to link some facts about stuff and they won't even read it then they attack you personally, insult your intelligence, etc.

Then when you decide "OK, I'll respond with some pictures since this is kindergarten" they turn around and act high mighty and innocent.

The lowest denominator dominates in the mud pit.

Ain't nobody got time for this.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

So why don’t you move on bro,

You don’t have the intellectual capacity to debate me, so let’s just move on before you get embarrassed

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join