It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Boss Is Harassing Me At Work Because of Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Maybe your story isn't true, there is no evidence. Maybe your boss is an arsehole. Maybe you built up your story for propaganda. Maybe you are a bully too. Maybe you are a victim, who knows? Maybe people are angry and tired of all the hate is going around since Trump is in Office. Maybe you should contact Fox News, they would pay you good money and your boss would be the arsehole of the day. If your story is 100% true your boss should be fired, period. If its some personal thing, you should drink a beer together and talk it out. Maybe it's not about politics, you know, sometimes people need some reason to start attacking. Many possibilities, as always. Maybe, it was just a bad dream. Thats what i'm hoping sometimes while reading threads on ATS.
edit on 12-10-2018 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Best answer I can give you (as i work in corporate world too) is begin keeping detailed notes, possible recordings of these exchanges.... Ultimately, if this behavior continues, you'll have evidence of dates/recordings/etc. to relay over to HR, and ultimately, any outside lawyers to help protect your worker rights.

That would be my first thought as well, except for the fact that recording other people inside of a workplace like that could be a big no-no. Being that they do not think clearly, they may think HE is the one going overboard by bringing audio devices, etc. Seems like a damned if ya do, damned if ya don't.
edit on 12-10-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

link   

I worked in corporate for many many years. I hate to say it but it is best that people know as little about your personal life and beliefs as possible.

Go to work, do your job and leave.

If people find out things, something so benign, like having a big house, it will be used against you. Add politics or religion forget about it!
The other thing I found out, there was upper management that I became friends with. In the office you would have assumed 100% that they were conservative, but the opposite was actually true. They were an Obama supporter 100%.

There was a lady in my office that was really nice, she was really chatting me up. She point blank asked me how I like the VP I worked for. I only had positive things to say even though I hated her guts. I find out a few weeks later that woman was her sister in law. Remember Loose lips sink ships!!! (your ship)

edit on 12-10-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: watchitburn

That sucks, When I first joined the Marine Corps, one of the Gunnies at my first unit was a really religious guy and he was always harassing me about not being religious at all. To the point where he was denying my leave requests.

What a crappy way to be evangelical haha. Some people don't realize they make people run away rather than come to their side, with any ideology.

My folks forced us to go to church when I was a kid just to get us out of the house for a few hours, and that church was full of such hypocrital asshats that it ruined organized religion for me.

I've had no use for religion since I was like 12.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: watchitburn

That sucks, When I first joined the Marine Corps, one of the Gunnies at my first unit was a really religious guy and he was always harassing me about not being religious at all. To the point where he was denying my leave requests.

What a crappy way to be evangelical haha. Some people don't realize they make people run away rather than come to their side, with any ideology.

People like that, yeah. I'm religious, too, but I don't have any issue with someone who isn't. Forcing opinions/ideology definitely pushes others away.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

Maybe your story isn't true, there is no evidence. Maybe your boss is an arsehole. Maybe you built up your story for propaganda. Maybe you are a bully too. Maybe you are a victim, who knows? Maybe people are angry and tired of all the hate is going around since Trump is in Office. Maybe you should contact Fox News, they would pay you good money and your boss would be the arsehole of the day. If your story is 100% true your boss should be fired, period. If its some personal thing, you should drink a beer together and talk it out. Maybe it's not about politics, you know, sometimes people need some reason to start attacking. Many possibilities, as always. Maybe, it was just a bad dream. Thats what i'm hoping sometimes while reading threads on ATS.

Maybe all of your posts read like they were written by a jackass.

Really? Even in this thread?
edit on 12-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
No advice, just an observation: some people have this predisposition for control, what you think, see, hear and do. They automatically brand others as inferior for not thinking the same as them ("backwoods Bible thumpers"). Today's politically correct climate is what enables and encourages them to act out in the ways they do. They feel empowered because academia and media seem to tow the same line. It becomes an exercise in ego, a way to make them feel better about themselves.

This is very much a fundamentalist mindset, the same as the religious right or Islamic jihadis. it is anti-pluralistic, intolerant and very difficult to change once established as a mindset.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You are basically screwed.
Reporting this behavior to HR will put something on paper but it will not prove anything and an attempted lawsuit will hang around your neck like a noose.
Internal strife cant leave the company you are working for so you are safe there.
But a lawsuit is public and employers do background checks. They will pass on you if there is a previous lawsuit.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 12 Oct 2018 12:23:05 -0500Fri, 12 Oct 2018 12:23:05 -050018102018-10-12T12:23:05-05:001200000023 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening

originally posted by: jhn7537

Best answer I can give you (as i work in corporate world too) is begin keeping detailed notes, possible recordings of these exchanges.... Ultimately, if this behavior continues, you'll have evidence of dates/recordings/etc. to relay over to HR, and ultimately, any outside lawyers to help protect your worker rights.

That would be my first thought as well, except for the fact that recording other people inside of a workplace like that could be a big no-no. Being that they do not think clearly, they may think HE is the one going overboard by bringing audio devices, etc. Seems like a damned if ya do, damned if ya don't.

That's why I suggest OP contacts a lawyer first before taking any further steps besides written records, if OP decides to act on the situation that is.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You could also contract the National Labour Relations Board and ask some questions .

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Install a universal remote control app on your phone and on a day when there will be some really bad news for the liberals use it to change the channel to FOX news.
Then snicker and hiss and even laugh out loud in reaction to what you hear, but don't use any words and don't make is sound like you are goading him, but be loud enough for him to hear.
Then record his reactions. He might just give you everything you need in one conversation.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Correct.

A lawsuit over a Civil Treatment issue threatens the company and the managers.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This story is 100% made up.

I am assuming to continue to divide and stir sh#t up.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

WOW!!! You own the internet today.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'd play the national anthem at my desk whilst kneeling in front of the computer. You will be the CEO in 3 days. Then you can fire everyone else.

Either that or quit cuz you iz marked.

link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

I thought the same thing about the kavanaugh allegations....hmm

Same playbook, different team...

link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

How do you know that?

I mean none of us other than the OP knows for sure, but you seem so confident.

So please enlighten us with how you are so certain.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Oh look. Another basement psychic sharing their truth.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Funny but this is someone's life bro.

I think that the OP should be in charge of them because he sounds level headed.

I have worked with some douchebags so I understood his situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join