It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Boss Is Harassing Me At Work Because of Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hate to say it.

You're SOL. Find a competitor and move on.

HR, litigation, or expressly complaining, will only hurt your career.

If you've reached the point where you'll be recording conversations, you've already entered the head space that will put you at risk for performing in a manner not consistent with your abilities...possibly giving them the very ammunition they need to discredit you.

Totally sux. But that is where you are now, imo.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy
While lawsuits sound fun, they are not and I don't have the intestinal fortitude for such things. Besides, it'd take 20 years of court costs just to see a return. Meh. I just want to work in peace and live my life.

You sound intelligent, educated and logical. Get an LLC, a web site and start your own consulting business.
edit on 12-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Chickensalad
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well....

that was ....constructive.

I wonder if Ante is the OP's Boss???

Probably an educator somewhere. Doesn't take much to be one these days. If it did, we wouldn't have so many liberal professors.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Dude, if you are being harassed at work, do something about it. HR should have an open door policy.

Do you think you could internalize this harassment and see that other people are affected by it too, to different degrees and from different directions (race/sex/creed/etc)? You've chosen your conservative-ism, so you should be able to deal with criticism about it. How would you feel if you were born into a position that people harass?

But bosses making life difficult over political ideology is a blatant power disparity. Seek help, start in HR.

Good luck, I hope your situation gets better.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

That sucks,
When I first joined the Marine Corps, one of the Gunnies at my first unit was a really religious guy and he was always harassing me about not being religious at all.
To the point where he was denying my leave requests.

It can definitely put you in a tough spot.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I agree, but if the OP files a grievance with Human Resources. The OP also needs to document, date and if possible find supporting witnesses evidence before the grievances filed. He should make sure to make two copies both the complaint and the evidence of the complaint then have of that numbered and notarized . ( put 1/2 and 2/2 near the stamp ) HR wouldn’t be able to simply trash the complaint then because I’m sure it’s full of liberals too. I’m sure a lot of members already know this stuff. But it’s worth repeating just to make sure .

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

While lawsuits sound fun, they are not and I don't have the intestinal fortitude for such things. Besides, it'd take 20 years of court costs just to see a return. Meh. I just want to work in peace and live my life.

You sound intelligent, educated and logical. Get an LLC, a web site and start your own consulting business.

^^^This is an excellent point for all people who are experiencing workplace woes.

It is my dream to one day not worry about office politics (aside from real politics) and just work for myself and get the satisfaction of return.

But I think it's important we all learn how to "play the game", I started from the bottom to get to where I'm at. And I try and remember all the moments that were hard for me, and reflect on that while I interact with my employees (back when I had some, I'm in sales now). But one day if I do have a business, I'll try and stay humble so I treat people right.

link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: seeker1963

Or imagine if ante was the HR person assigned to your case...

proving my point to a tee!

He even glossed over the document of 'Trump lies' left on the OPs keyboard and obama sticker left on the car (allegedly). More than words if you ask me.

yikers!!

Luckily he noticed the obama sticker... Imagine how embarrassing it has to be to drive down the road with one of those on your car.

*shudder*

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
The day after the red wave election, walk in the office in an exceptionally GOOD mood. But, don't even mention a word about why. Just smile and be upbeat all day and let the gnashing of their teeth just roll off you like water off of a duck's back.

That is exactly what I will do lol.

link   

Lodge a complaint with HR regarding a hostile work environment, and recount that politics are being played in the office with retaliation following henceforth.

Either that you just deal with it.

But your bosses are unprofessional as all hell.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Hate to say it.

You're SOL. Find a competitor and move on.

HR, litigation, or expressly complaining, will only hurt your career.

If you've reached the point where you'll be recording conversations, you've already entered the head space that will put you at risk for performing in a manner not consistent with your abilities...possibly giving them the very ammunition they need to discredit you.

Totally sux. But that is where you are now, imo.

Gawd dang the libertarian world view is a bleak one.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

That sucks, When I first joined the Marine Corps, one of the Gunnies at my first unit was a really religious guy and he was always harassing me about not being religious at all. To the point where he was denying my leave requests.

What a crappy way to be evangelical haha. Some people don't realize they make people run away rather than come to their side, with any ideology.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Sounds to me like you should be managing them...

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Funny you should mention that. I’ve been in the process of doing so myself. Bit of a pain in my arse only because when I get home from work I get super lazy and watch a cool movie and play ATS with you guys. Kinda like what I’m doing at work.....
SHHHH
But I only have two more steps to go. Hit the bank on the way home for that new account and fill out one more form.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Others have already stated what I'd suggest, take notes of events and get a recording or two if possible.

I will add that this guy shouldn't be in a management position. I understand he is well liked in the office and all that, but this is bullying in a corporate environment. This behavior would get a manager of a McDonald's fired..... to risk a good job like his over petty political BS, he's obviously lacking in the common sense department. That, or he is just a bully at heart.

In any event, I wish you the best. All of this sounds quite stressful.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Lodge a complaint with HR regarding a hostile work environment, and recount that politics are being played in the office with retaliation following henceforth.

Either that you just deal with it.

But your bosses are unprofessional as all hell.

I don’t know man that may not work out as it’s supposed to. HR works for the company not the employee these days. So it seems at least.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Any chance of another transfer? No sense in working in misery. Maybe stick it out for 6 months or so while you wait for another location. I couldn't imagine being in your position. All of the people I work around are as Conservative as me, including the VP and CEO. There are some liberals here but none of us would ever bully them for their lack of intelligence.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul
Gawd dang the libertarian world view is a bleak one.

Actually has more to do with my professional experience. I've nearly seen it all.

Fighting from within is only something you do when you have no other options. I do not get the sense that is the case for the OP.

Trust me, I have rarely seen an employee 'win' (even when they do technically win) in such cases.

The better path, when reasonably available, is to move on.

edit on 12-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Sounds like you need a bit of a covert op. Something that wont hurt anyone but sends a message that is clear. I'm not sure how to go about that or how crazy your liberal friend is. If he is batSnip crazy it may escalate no matter what you do. In that case, depending on how much you value your job you may need to eat crow or get down in the gutter.

I am in the same position but I have yet to open my mouth like you did and there have been plenty of times when some off the wall crazy crap was said by these left wing whackos at my office.

I do have one friend here at the office and she is ultra liberal. She knows I am a conservative but we are very adult about our conversations. In fact, we have solved many of the countries problems by compromising on several issues.

Whatever you do, dont jump ship to the dark side!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Scifi2424

Whatever you do, dont jump ship to the dark side!

Watch the water.

Don't drink their water!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join