It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Boss Is Harassing Me At Work Because of Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
This boss now just sees you as a political adversary.

Perhaps if you can reach out to him for a game of handball, dinner with you and your wife, etc. he might see you as a person besides a political adversary. Maybe try to blow off his namecalling, etc. with humor and self-deprecation.

Wouldn't hurt to try. And also, try not to take your politics too seriously. Refuse to let them put you in that light but changing subjects-talk sports.

In a civilized society that might work. I do believe we are past that at this point. When I see families disowning their own due to political beliefs, it's pretty telling that we have devolved from whatever height of civilized we reached.

In the corporate world, people will stab you in the back in a heart beat. The OP's best options are to document get legal representation and THEN fight back OR find another job. For me the latter is unacceptable! None of us should support living in a world where your career can be ended by a belief/statement.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My question is who has a TV turned on in their office all day? It's bad enough that I have the internet to distract me, put a TV in front of me all day at work and I'd be useless!

edit on 12-10-2018 by Subsonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Man, don't fret. Print out a picture of The Donald and tape it to his computer. Show you will not be bullied.

Here's the image most of them like to use. I bet he would love to see it again.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

To put it accurately your boss isn’t harassing you because of Trump, he’s doing so because your boss is a huge dick.

Id be wary of your HR department. 1) because who knows what their political affiliation is and how that may affect their decision making. 2) because a lot of HR departments are trash/there because they have to have one.

Yes, youll have to visit HR as its part of the process and if you bypass HR and make a serious case of this, they’ll question your motive for not going to HR first. But you may want to record or take notes of your conversation with HR too, if legal.

If you have to endure ongoing harassment, don’t trust anyone but yourself and your lawyer.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well....

that was ....constructive.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's no secret that Republican sources are awash with claims so like yours, even Twitter and Facebook are being accused of algorithmic bias in their search engine placings, never mind personal accounts like yours. Many of these accusations are a concentrated effort to demonise other parties.
That being so, take the best advice already given, and tape your situations as they arise in a plausible way...[no pictures of bumper stickers] you need hard, credible evidence should your situation get worse in the event of legalities being needed.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

Well....

that was ....constructive.

I wonder if Ante is the OP's Boss???

link   
a reply to: olaru12

Alllrighty then.

link   

Be very careful about taking advice from a web forum. That advice could blow up in your face and ruin your career. Emotions run wild and logic is in short supply!!!

Contact your states attorney general and see where you stand.

But make plans to move on. Up date your resume and see who might need your skills.
edit on 12-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   
I would just gather evidence as others have recommended, but I wouldn't back down from this assclown. I'd be brutal about it, but that's just me. Good luck and I hope everything works out for the best.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sounds likes you have a nice harassment suit, document everything everyday. Being Fortune 500 they can pay too.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Way to prove the point by delegitimizing the OP based on their political afflication.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Or imagine if ante was the HR person assigned to your case...

proving my point to a tee!

He even glossed over the document of 'Trump lies' left on the OPs keyboard and obama sticker left on the car (allegedly). More than words if you ask me.

yikers!!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Let the public judge him. Talk about it on twitter, and he will be getting everything from death threats to the board of directors demanding him to apologize to you and cease his harassment and hostile work environment. Throw the shoe at them, and force them to wear it on the other foot.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I always thought conflict of interest and discussing wages were grounds for termination. It's extremely ignorant, however, for the Regional Director to be acting like a child over your beliefs. If you can find a way, ask your HR rep, (and ask to remain anonymous), how conflict of interest works there. Then let them know what's going on. I've always hated Human Resources, but they're supposed to be the most fair.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

lawsuit. You will win.

link   
While lawsuits sound fun, they are not and I don't have the intestinal fortitude for such things. Besides, it'd take 20 years of court costs just to see a return. Meh. I just want to work in peace and live my life.

link   

originally posted by: bender151

I would argue that your degree doesnt actually mean you're smart. HR. Obviously.

Does this type of comment ever come from people who have a degree? 🤔

I agree with documentation and id contact a known conservative attorney sooner rather than later.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Sorry to hear this story, as the first comment said, and as someone who has had problems in the corporate environment before...

Write down detailed notes, keep pictures of anything relating to the subject. And if you start to feel that you are being treated differently because of your views and it is effecting work, bring it to HR.

It's unfortunate that people would hold any viewpoints against an employee. An employee employer relationship is a unique but simple one. It is a contract, you do what you signed on to do in the exchange for compensation. If you do your job to the expectations laid out upon hire, anything personal is irrelevant so long as it does not interfere with your ability to do what you promised to.

Only you know this situation, only you will be able to decide at what time to bring this forward. I have found in the past that sometimes HR muddies the waters, so if things have blown over for me, I try to avoid going to HR. The second you get a performance improvement plan or a petty write up though, you know you are being targeted.

I've often disagreed with my employees ideology, but if they are a good employee, that is all that matters to me. I can see past disagreement though in the work place.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Are you ok?

What a worthless post that is beneath you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join