It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Boss Is Harassing Me At Work Because of Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I would probably go over their heads and complain about it although I might try to explain to them that in this time of political friction, I would prefer to keep my political views outside of my work environment. That I thought it would produce a more peaceful workplace for all first. but, unless it's a company full of like minded liberals, this is a recipe for some big problems it sounds like that will effect the business sooner or later. you would think that someone in the higher chain of command would realize that and put a stop to it.
there is no reason for anyone's political views to be carried into the workplace and allowed to become disruptive and it kind of sounds like this might be or will become in the near future.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
A few replies spring to mind some more helpful than others

1. Record everything
2. Working for almost any 'big' company is generally abandoning personal morals for monetary gain (imo/e)
3. Transfer to another dept
4. Change company to something more local/family based (leave when it begins playing the big business game)
5. Start your own company doing same or something you enjoy/ are passionate about

Everybody needs to decide what they want out of life - money and all the crap/junk the msm tells you, you need for happiness no matter the personal price (stress/anger/depression....) and the greater price to society and the environment as a whole or something that gives you personal satisfaction and actually helps you/society/environment.

I played the rat race game for decades and hated almost every second of it even though had a reasonable bit cash to buy all that crap. Now i'm self employed gardener and make less than I would living off the government BUT I am far happier and healthier now than i ever was when i was considered 'succesful' by society.

Food you have grown yourself actually tastes of what it's supposed to too

Hope that helps or at least gives you some food for thought.

link   
I'll tell you exactly what is going to happen. At some point (or not) you will need to go to HR and file a complaint. Then HR will call in Mr Bully for a meeting about the complaint. Mr Bully will then harass you even more until you blow up & quit. Document & record everything from this moment on. You'll need it.

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: MrBuddy

Document EVERYTHING! You will soon have a lawsuit for Hostile Working Environment!

Agreed. In this type of situation, the more hard, detailed documentation you have the better you will appear to be credible. In addition, be sure to also document your fear of your job due to the senior position of the other parties in the firm. No matter what you do, if you decide to go to HR, consider your position there over. I know that is a bit defeatist, but it is reality.

Once someone files a hostile workplace charge, you may get "justice" but you will forever be branded there. The best you can hope for is a monetary settlement for a release package, so you can find a new job elsewhere. Part of that package MUST include a legal commitment by them that this will never be released outside of that workplace to damage your chances of future employment elsewhere (i.e. blackball clause).

This is why I never talk politics where I work. Under no circumstances. When asked, I merely state I don't have a political opinion, and never will.

Good luck.

What people fail to realize is that HR is NOT there to protect the employees and their rights, but to protect the Corporation from lawsuits.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
That list of lies the bully left on your computer? Let me guess. One of them was about crowd size. One of them was the famous one about illegals being rapists and murderers. (Yep...I've seen that silly list.)

Don't let them cajole you into getting angry and starting drama in the office.

Stick to your good policy of saying, "Political discussions are not for the workplace...they get people in trouble." Then look him/her square in the eye for just a second longer than usual.
edit on 12-10-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Record every conversation with him on your smartphone. In most states it's absolutely 100% legal to record conversations as long as one of the parties being recorded is aware of being recorded, and that party is you. Edit all the snippets together into one mega-harassment audio clip, and then go to your HR department with the evidence. Bye bye judgmental bastard!!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Document EVERYTHING! You will soon have a lawsuit for Hostile Working Environment!

Agreed. In this type of situation, the more hard, detailed documentation you have the better you will appear to be credible. In addition, be sure to also document your fear of your job due to the senior position of the other parties in the firm. No matter what you do, if you decide to go to HR, consider your position there over. I know that is a bit defeatist, but it is reality.

Once someone files a hostile workplace charge, you may get "justice" but you will forever be branded there. The best you can hope for is a monetary settlement for a release package, so you can find a new job elsewhere. Part of that package MUST include a legal commitment by them that this will never be released outside of that workplace to damage your chances of future employment elsewhere (i.e. blackball clause).

This is why I never talk politics where I work. Under no circumstances. When asked, I merely state I don't have a political opinion, and never will.

Good luck.

What people fail to realize is that HR is NOT there to protect the employees and their rights, but to protect the Corporation from lawsuits.

BINGO. Which is why the need for legal agreements. For a Fortune 500 company, bad PR like this would affect the stock price. So, that is your key advantage. In that world, you need to legally inform them that is what will happen if you are not provided the ability to continue in your profession without the risk of them blackballing you. All this is part of your discussion with your own personal lawyer BEFORE going to HR. Never tip your hand to them without a personal legal representative.

And, inform them you have retained legal counsel to assist you in protecting your own brand.

It's a scorched Earth plan, but it seems they gave you no other alternative at this point.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The day after the red wave election, walk in the office in an exceptionally GOOD mood. But, don't even mention a word about why. Just smile and be upbeat all day and let the gnashing of their teeth just roll off you like water off of a duck's back.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
That's tough, Mr. B. You've obviously worked hard to get where you are and your peace of mind has been hijacked by a deranged virtue-signaler and zombie puppet who's a product of shallow propaganda and doesn't have the depth to understand that fact.

I think there are some good points made by others about documentation, but it may be that looking for work somewhere else may be better for your peace of mind in the long run.

It's not much, I know, but you've got folk here that definitely commiserate and are wishing the best solution for you.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
this sounds exactly like what happened to my friend. his boss is super conservative and they were watching the hearing at work.. he said he believe ford, oh my, BIG MISTAKE.

write everything down.

good luck!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
put voice recorder on the front screen of your phone and practice using it. I carried a recorder that recorded everything every day for months and downloaded if my Director said anything out of line. After a couple of months I was transferred to report to a woman and he just hammered me on how she was going to screw up my life because well she's a woman.

First sitdown with my new Director I told her we need a meeting with HR.

In 3 Days a meeting and I laid it all out my new Director and HR went through the roof but the recording was illegal but they knew. Never but never get 2 women severely angry at you at once. 2 Weeks later I got a double promotion that I got screwed on before. 88 days later he was let go because the HR woman set him up and he took the bait.

Saw him at the store quite a while after and told him I helped get him fired. He hired a lawyer but I never responded to the lawyers request for statements.

Good times but scary.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This boss now just sees you as a political adversary.

Perhaps if you can reach out to him for a game of handball, dinner with you and your wife, etc. he might see you as a person beyond all the politics. Maybe try to blow off his namecalling, etc. with humor and self-deprecation.

Wouldn't hurt to try. And also, try not to take your politics too seriously. Refuse to let them put you in that light by changing subjects-talk sports.
edit on 12-10-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
So what’s probably going to end up happening because you are now marked is an illegal tactic called “constructive discharge.” Constructive discharge is a tactic used by employers to make your life so bad that you quit. Unfortunately for them, you can sue for it. Document everything, and if worse comes to worse talk to an attorney.

link   

I agree with everyone saying to get recordings and document everything. I've been fired from a job for my political leanings, and I wish I would've had some evidence in my favor. My boss did eventually get fired for doing this exact same thing to someone who did have evidence, so there is a silver lining to the story (and they hired me back). Luckily I have moved to greener pastures since then.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I know how intimidating it is. Good luck. Don't give up!

link   

All of my employees are very much liberal but I let them chat it up at times. I have a very mixed view on the charade commonly known as American politics. I don’t engage with em but I do listen.
My best advice is to slap that dude in the throat.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Contact a lawyer. They'll help you with the next steps.

Also, keep in mind that HR isn't there to protect you, they are there to protect the company.

And be careful that your lawyer isn't a lib. They usually are; will take your money and sell you out to the PTB.

"Discretion is always the better part of valor" Didn't they teach you that at Univ.
edit on 12-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Many of these Leftists are 100% Bats**t crazy.

Come on, you KNOW normal people don't act this way.

BRAIN-DAMAGE.

I agree with the "Document Everything" crowd.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I could go to HR....but what would they say? Would they even do anything?

Can't help but notice you sound like women I've known who were sexually harassed by their bosses, passed over for promotions, etc.

Maybe you'll fair better with HR than they have. Thankfully you were wearing a bodycam and got the whole thing on tape. How else can you hope to be taken seriously?

I won't detail every event, starting Monday of this week, the level of harassment is becoming a bit scary. The RD has started calling me names for being a conservative.

Are you sure you're not just being too politically correct? I mean, they're just words right? Why are you so scared of words?

What he is doing is blatant harassment at best....perhaps borderline hate-crime at worst.

I have it on good authority from many conservatives that hate crimes are not a real thing so it couldn't ever be that.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Once you're targeted . . .

Usually, does not have a positive outcome.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Level 999 wizard appears.

Wizard casts BURN.

Critical damage.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join