It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Boss Is Harassing Me At Work Because of Trump

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Document everything. Dates. Times. Places. Persons involved. Incidents.

If you heard Boss Boy say something disparaging about you to another employee, document that. Maybe that particular employee is on the fence with the boss and is just sucking up to his BS. Maybe they wish someone would go to HR about him.

Memorize company policy.

And keep in mind to not let the power rush go to your head once HR gets involved. Once it's over, document anything that could be considered retaliation.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

If you are in California (which by the description, sounds like every work place in Silicon Valley), recording people is illegal. Sounds like hell, but this is unfortunately what it has come too. I've been harassed and getting threats for posting my opinion on social media, so I feel for you.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This same thing happened to me sort of. I work in construction and the day after Trumps S-hole comments came out I was installing tile in a remodel. The owner was older, and very rich. He overheard 2 other workers laughing about the S-hole thing and commented. "My friends and I dont like what trump is doing to the country" Me being an independent that leans left, I said "amen brother". The owner left the room and one of the workers asked me "you didnt vote for that bitch hilary did you?" I said "as a matter of fact I did". The rest of the day consisted of This one worker telling me how "retarded" I was, How I supported a murderer and child molester (pizzagate i guess?), and that this was a trump work site. He also proceded to play audio quotes of trumps "grab em by the p***y", and mexicans are rapists, (I am of spanish decent, but my family came here in the late 1700's) and any other quote he could find. 7 hours of this! Needless to say, I didnt get a whole lot of work done. At the end of the day the owner of the company that the other workers worked for came on site (I worked for a different company). The worker loudly said while looking at me "hey boss tell everyone about your daughters wedding" The owner told a story about how his daughter begged him not to wear his MAGA hat to her wedding, but he did anyway, and she cried about it at the reception. The worker then said "That guy voted for Hillary". The owner looked at me and said "I would never hire you, I only hire trump supporters. I then grabbed my tools and got the hell out of there. I guess my point is...There are douchbags on both political sides.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

If you wish to keep your job. Pull a fast one, and tell them you've been doing some research. I've seen the light CNN guided me. I'm a Democrat now. Ezpz

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If you are in a Fortune 500 company they have systems in place to deal with this. HR is your best bet. Unless you are dealing with someone on the board or a VP, that is. It sounds like he isn't too far up the ladder.

That said, I am sorry you are having to deal with a child who puts their tribalism over common decency. I worked for a company a few years ago that changed my schedule when they found out I have liberal views, and vote that way. Because I was attending classes at that time, classes that I could not miss, the new schedule didn't work. Once my PTO ran out, I was fired for not adhering to my schedule. The owner of the company was a prolific Republican donor. It was a small business, and I was dirt poor, so I didn't really have any recourse.

Blatant tribalism is what is at fault here. It sounds like he is doing something that I see a lot of people doing on both sides, which is saying things just to make the other side angry and damn the consequences. Some of the commenters on your post have actually admitted in other threads that they engage in that behavior, yet it's wrong when it happens to one of their own. Don't get caught up in the game.

If it was me, would walk up to the guy, tell him he's being a dick, let him know you are one "stupid redneck" away from bringing in corporate. Let him know you don't have to agree, but personal insults and backhanded comments based on political or religious beliefs are against existing workplace laws. Do it in front of people. Call him out on his BS. He is a bully, and bullies don't like it when people stand up to them.

I mean look at how mad Kavanaugh got? (I had to)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This is shameful behavior by your coworkers.

I understand everyone has an opinion, but society is losing their marbles when it comes to political values and how they treat the opposition. It's no longer a matter of, "Oh, I don't agree, but I respect your opinion." It's a matter of, "You're wrong, and you're pure garbage for thinking it."

The fact that they're bullying just because of your political view is proof enough. I'd hate to see what they'd do to a full fledged Trump supporter though...You, like me, are a member of no particular party. You, also like me, are on the fence with Trump, though I tend to lean more towards "he's a moron". That said, there are still things he's good with.

If I ever say that to anyone in public though, I'd fear the outcome. I'm on several dating apps...a good 80% of girls say right in their profile that if you're a Trump supporter, to F#%@! off. Like...there's no room for debate. There's no mutual respect. There's no open-mindedness. It's just...you're wrong, I hate you. Yes, republican politicians can be scumbags, but so can democrats. It's not representative of the majority of republican citizens...at least I like to think not.

Anyway, yeah, since recording people is illegal in some areas (check in your state), I would just write everything down. Take pictures of the bumper sticker, and gather whatever else could be used to help your case. Document and keep any notes or anything that would suggest you're being bullied.

That's messed up. They're entitled to their opinion, but so are you.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

But your bosses are unprofessional as all hell.

Everyone is these days it seems. Everywhere I go employees while working use slang, incorrect grammar, even cursing. Phone customer service seems just as bad. Professionalism is dead, and so is class and tact it seems. Hell, there is a massive problem from some members of my own family with civility regarding politics, and of course the offenders are leftists.

If I were younger and hadn't started a family already I would move to Japan. It's not problem free, but their civility and regard for their society as a whole over there is really awesome to experience.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Sounds like you just laid a big turd in your own nest and dont know how to clean it up.... Good luck with that, the political climate in the U. S is ugly and people would be advised to keep their political opinions to themselves.

Oh and what everyone on the first page is saying, collect evidence of what's happening you're going to need all the help you can get.
edit on 14-10-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Yeah. I'd say start looking for another job. If there's more than one aggressor, going over the head of the top guy probably won't help. They know they aren't supposed to be politically harassing you so they are most likely prepared for you to report it.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I am sorry boss is harrassing you. bosses shouldnt harrass their workers. if trump was your boss would he harrass you? no. then bosses shouldnt do it too.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Wow that's beyond nuts. He should be able to separate personal from professional. I would as many have said keep a journal! Document it all, date time and everything.

I work in a small local office and I record our weekly meetings for similar purposes. The stuff the owner says at times is so out of line and he picks on different groups and people. It makes me cringe. He started the Kavanaugh chat with another co-worker last week and their comments made me cringe but I said nothing because I knew what he would say and how he would use it later one. I can't stand people who operate that way in a work environment.

Good luck! Keep us updated. It's completely wrong what he is doing.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Document it and harrass him. Blackmail.

Cant go to HR? HE CANT EITHER.

That or just escalate it. I dont know you but if its a real problem make it real for him. Its not work related so threaten him with non work related consequences.

Real consequences. You wouldnt have these problems and you would be surprised what you can get away with in the real world.

What you told us about how important the job is and how hard you worked.....show him.

EDIT TO ADD:
Sometimes, just reminding people of how cheap it is to hire a goon to break some bones, is really effective in making them just and upright people.

I had a problem like that. So I had a loud conversation on the phone asking a buddy about leg breaking skills and rates...right next to my problem while looking at them. They stopped being a problem.
edit on 10 14 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Like others have said, document and go to HR. Hopefully HR isn’t full of liberal in-your-face activists. Keep low profile and if things still are bad or get worse, go to ACLJ. They are conservative law office. aclj.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Best answer I can give you (as i work in corporate world too) is begin keeping detailed notes, possible recordings of these exchanges.... Ultimately, if this behavior continues, you'll have evidence of dates/recordings/etc. to relay over to HR, and ultimately, any outside lawyers to help protect your worker rights.

Excellent advice!

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Read what your employee policy manual says about harassment. 'Conservative' is not a protected class, but the 'bible-thumping' type comments are a problem.

Do what your employee policy manual says you should do if you are being harassed. Follow that protocol and if you do, you should be protected from retaliation. Make sure you keep a copy of the manual at home just in case the company violates its own policies and retaliates. Retrieving a copy, if you are fired, will require a court order, so it's best just to make sure you already have a copy at home.

If your employer and/or supervisor(s) retaliates, then you will need to speak with an attorney.

Someone else posted about HR not being there to protect you...that they are going to protect the company. That's not exactly true because they're not mutually exclusive. HR is there to make sure the company does not incur liability for harassment and retaliation. If they have employees that are harassing other employees, they have policies in place to address it. Retaliation is not legal. HR should assure you that you won't be retaliated against and if they don't, ask for their assurance. And, yes, keep your own records of everything.

ETA: After reading some of these replies to you, let me reiterate: You are obligated to use the protocol for dealing with harassment that's outlined by your employer and/or in your employee policy manual. If you do not, then they may not liable for any further harassment or retaliation you might face.

You can check that with an attorney, if you like, but they will tell you the same thing. Follow your employer's policies on reporting harassment because it may actually solve the problem. If they don't investigate and remedy the situation or if they retaliate, THEN you may need to get an attorney.

Courts do not like when a Plaintiff has not exhausted their available administrative remedies before coming to them for relief.

edit on 10/14/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Download a voice recording app

Best thing would be to hit record video on your phone whenever he is around you, leave it in your hand or pocket and be sure to get him in frame when he turns around so there cannot be disputed between who this person/voice is

I would take him down at this point, liberals need teaching lessons

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If he's telling the truth, he already does.

I'm sure you have a smart phone, OP. There are tons of audio recording apps that can be launched with 1 tap of the screen. Same goes for smart watches. Start recording every convesation with him. When you find things like bumper stickers on your car, or documents on your desk, take photographs. Build up a bunch of evidence, THEN go to HR. If they handle it properly and in your favor (which I doubt they will), then go to an attorney. An attorney will eat this up - just go to a GREAT one, not a good one. I work in law, and I will tell you that TONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS of lawyers have no idea WTF they are doing and are just in it to make money.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bgrenual

If he lives in the state of Wisconsin I know an excellent one.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Go to your HR department immediately. Tell them that you have no issue with the company but you feel like you are being treated unfairly. Tell them everything you said here and then ask them what your options are.

If your HR department is ran by an SJW then you are likely SOOL, but if not that can make things interesting for the people harassing you because they automatically assume that corporate and HR is on their side. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are not.

Also, if I were you I would be looking for another job just in case.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

At least we don't believe in 5,000,000.02219 genders or that "Big government is our friend"

Idiot liberals. Surely your office has security camears? I'd get your boss on vandalism and assault at a minimum (assault = put you in fear of NON-DEADLY physical harm)

I don't normally condone violence, but it sounds like soy boy needs knocked down a few pegs. I'd personally knock him on his ass, without hesitation. And make sure he knows that his behavior is to stop immediately. Or else.

Don't let some castrado push you around. Especially not some soy boy libtard. He won't do anything back anyhow, probably sit there and cry for his mommy or something (like a good leftist sheep)

...or you could go the legal route. Document, photograph, record and trick you way into enough evidence to either 1) bring criminal charges or 2) get him fired without benefits/insurance/severance etc (and then still prosecute him criminally after ruining him completely). But you need to get that security footage of him vandalizing your vehicle with that bumper sticker

edit on 10/15/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join