It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Boss Is Harassing Me At Work Because of Trump

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Be careful, you are dealing with a unhinged and violent group.
If someone claims or acts ultra liberal, be even more weary.

Be careful what you say because if you cross them , they will set a vendetta against you, your family, and place of work.

Lucky you are not In a college setting and a conservative professor. You literally cannot say you are a conservative and work at many colleges or your way of life will be at risk.

On my local news website. You need to have a Facebook account to post a comment.
Many are so called fake Facebook accounts. Just so people can post their comment

Many of the comments from these fake Facebook accounts are conservative.

And right away a liberal points out that the Facebook link is not real and the commentators are trying to hide themselves

And it's because you have to hide today if you share a conservative belief.

Because liberals will research who made the comment and attack

They will use their power at Facebook, YouTube. The FBI and IRS to attack conservative comments and users.

edit on 13-10-2018 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Guess you should have kept your mouth shut. The boss won't be the one to go, that leaves you.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
OP: Of course you go to HR, that's how it works. And in larger companies, it usually does work. If someone is harassing you for ANY reason, that you feel jeopardizes yourself or your career, you report it, you KEEP all records, and if you get fired, you now have documented proof if you want to sue for being unjustly fired.

Be careful, you are dealing with a unhinged and violent group.
If someone claims or acts ultra liberal, be even more weary.

Be careful what you say because if you cross them , they will set a vendetta against you, your family, and place of work.

LoL.. this stuff is pure gold.

MOST liberals and MOST conservatives have their priorities, standards of ethics and beliefs, and can express those beliefs without being violent and unhinged. The vast majority, on both sides. Both sides also have their share of far left and right whackos. There are crazies in every walk of life, and not just in politics. Those people are going to crazy no matter what you say.

ATS for being a site that supposedly promotes the premise of deny ignorance, doesn't now.. regularly. Hordes of right-minded are spreading the idea that ALL left are violent, stupid, unhinged, hateful people who will do anything to support their beliefs.

What a steaming load of bullcr@p.

It's becoming a burden to even browse through the piles of left-hating crap that is now spewed in endless threads, that covers the front page almost every day.
edit on 13-10-2018 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Look into your corporate HR polices you have might something like this, most big companies have them.

It is against the law to discriminate against anyone in the workplace because of their actual or assumed political beliefs or activities.

Employees are protected from discrimination at all stages of employment including recruitment, workplace terms and conditions and dismissal.

Political belief or activity is where a person holds, or does not hold, a lawful political belief, or whether they participate, or refuse to take part, in a lawful political activity.

This includes holding particular political beliefs, being a member (or refusing to join) a political party or participating in political action.

What I would do is send an anonymous letter highlighting this policy to HR, saying perhaps EVERYBODY needs a reminder about this policy in this political climate, HR will get the message and they will want to head off any potential problems.
After HR sends out a directive and he keeps doing it, document every time and do it for three months.
After that how you proceed is up to you, light hand or heavy hand with HR.
Heavy hand is telling HR this stops today as in this minute or my lawyer is ready. Enforce your own corporate polices or face a massive lawsuit.
He will be on the hot seat instantly and be forced to stop.
Light hand is calling for joint meeting with boss and HR present the corporate policy with the evidence, and let it play out, again HR need to be able to apply their own polices. One caveat however, if the HR person is a ALT-Left person you could be screwed either way, but in lawsuit I am pretty sure the question would be asked did you ever go to HR to get resolution and enforcement, if you say no your payout will be diminished because you didn't do due diligence, you have to go through the process even if it seems hopeless.

edit on 13-10-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I have worked for about 35 years now in my field. I have found that the less people know about you the better, especially when it comes to politics. The only information they should have about you is anything contingent to your working there. Information is power, and if you have enemies at the workplace it can be a powerful tool to use against you. In this case its too late, all you can do is document everything, read the company handbook, and if need be see an attorney.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Oh please. I'm mostly left wing myself but to pretend like the democratic party represents anything other than extremists and the loons and corporate interests is delusional at best.

The party if the rational sane democrat is gone and you can tell that by looking at how crazy and corrupt our leaders are and how they pander to and encourage our extreme lowest common denomonators.

Sure there's more sane and rational people with left wing views than not. The party no longer represents them though. Is why so many are leaving. I left before Trump was even elected.

I'm independant and staying that way. You want to deny ignorance than recognize the current state of the democratic party for what it is.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subsonic
Record every conversation with him on your smartphone. In most states it's absolutely 100% legal to record conversations as long as one of the parties being recorded is aware of being recorded, and that party is you. Edit all the snippets together into one mega-harassment audio clip, and then go to your HR department with the evidence. Bye bye judgmental bastard!!

That's called "One party consent" and a lot of red states are "Two Party consent" -- do that in florida and you break the law.

Now you can use a recording that captures someone else if you were recording something you had the right to record first; so as long as you can explain how you took the recording and that explanation isn't "To record the harassment", it should fly.

In other words, you don't need 2 party consent if he was caught on recording by happenstance, but only if the intention was to get him on the record without him knowing.
edit on 13-10-2018 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Cool story bro.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I'm a mechanic and I bet I could do what you do.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Have you indicated to your boss either verbally or in writing that you are feeling intimidated by political comments he is making? Have you let him know that you are offended? Have you stated verbally (and hopefully) in front of a witness that you are feeling harassed by his actions and you would like them to stop? Have you done anything to stop the harassment or have you just sheepishly ignored him? Have you mitigated on your behalf in any way an effort to stop orations or actions of a harassing or offensive nature?

You need to tell your boss that you are feeling uncomfortable with the political jabs, insinuations etc. and you would like them to stop.

If you don't do this, it will look like you are just looking for a reason to sue. As sad as it seems, even many rape victims are asked: "Did you tell him to stop?" "Did you say no?"

I know many here are indicating you could be a rich man and that may or may not be true. But I'm sensing you don't want to go that route if you don't have to. So first, you need to make a clear and concise effort to stop the offenses against you, your coworker needs to stop creating a hostile work environment.

Take pics of things you can, and document, document, document! But don't forget to let other employees know you do not to wish to discuss things of a political nature.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy
So I recently got a great promotion at the company I work for. While I won't name them, they are a Fortune 500. I'm not a big-wig, just middle management.

I share an office space with a GM and a Regional Director. Up until a few weeks ago, we all got along great and things seemed to be going as well as they could for me. That is until the Kavanaugh hearings started.
We have a television hanging on the wall in the office and the hearings were on. The Regional Director paid a lot of attention to the hearing and the CNN news reports during and after. I knew he was a super liberal and kept all political chatter to a minimum because I'm a strict conservative. However, I made a mistake during Cory Booker's questioning. The RD was cheering him on as he was bashing Kavanaugh and demanding an investigation. I forget the exact comment my RD made, but I responded that perhaps Booker, being a sexual predator himself, shouldn't be calling for an investigation on anyone.

I was sorry the moment I said anything because the RD looked at me and claimed that Booker never sexually assaulted anyone and asked if I had heard that on FOX news. Becoming even dumber, I responded that Booker actually admitted it in his book. He then asked me to prove it...and I did by showing him numerous articles written about it.

The RD then did a no-no...he asked me what my party affiliation was. In a corporate setting, this is risky territory....for both of us. I responded that I choose no party over another, but I lean conservative. His next question was if I liked Trump. I told him that I liked a lot of what he was doing and disliked some things. When he asked about what I liked, I told him that I never get into political or religious conversations at work for obvious reasons.

When I left work that day, I noticed an Obama bumper sticker on my car. I got a little freaked out because there are hundreds of people that work there as well as visitors. I couldn't imagine that anyone knew what I drove as I was a transfer from another branch just a few weeks before. I came to work the next day to find a document on my computer keyboard about all the lies that Trump has told since he's been in office.

I won't detail every event, starting Monday of this week, the level of harassment is becoming a bit scary. The RD has started calling me names for being a conservative. "Stupid Bible Thumper" seems to be the favorite even though I affiliate with no church. He had a conversation with some other big-wig right behind my desk and they were talking about how all "backwoods conservatives" are stupid and ignorant. Mind you, I have a degree from one of the most prestigious colleges on the planet...Cornell University, so I am far from stupid and I felt so pissed off I almost quit right there.

So I'm in a conundrum here. The RD is my boss. He has been here for over 10 years and everyone loves him. What he is doing is blatant harassment at best....perhaps borderline hate-crime at worst. This job, or career, is the one I went to college and busted my butt for. It's great money and a superb addition to the resume. I could go to HR....but what would they say? Would they even do anything?

I never in my life thought I'd say this, but I'm scared that fanatic liberals actually DO have the power in this country and I'm fearful to even have a conversation with anyone just in case I say something conservative! What have we come to when thinkers of any sort are becoming too scared to even chat about the direction our country is headed? When we can't even be comfortable in our own skin?

I will continue keeping on, but I'm thinking that I should at least start recording things just to protect myself in the event of.....who knows what. I'm so disillusioned right now and hope that these types of people do not regain power ever again because they're evil sob's.

Damn man... you really screwed the pooch on this one.

FIRST... go online, and look at what the laws are regarding recording conversations. In my state, Kansas, it only reaquires one party knows about recording... this is essentially to prevent invasion of privacy via "surveillance", BUT, some states require TWO party notification.

As others have said, also keep detailed notes. Date, Time, what was said. Do NOT spend time making those notes at work, other than maybe making a quick note about a specific statement. Flesh it out after work.

ALSO, study the employee handbook, or company rules about everything.

FWIW... there is a reason for "In polite company don't speak about politics or religion." Everyone there has violated that rule.

The other thing to think about... forgive me for this, but I'm just talking life experience... (...and the advice may well be worth what you paid for it! LOL) but in life and living, so far as dealing with difficult people, as a mentor used to say to me

"Do you want to be right... or do you want to be FREE? Because in a difficult dynamic with _____name_____, you CAN'T BE BOTH."

You basically MADE this entire thing happen, and you are lower on the pecking order. Personally, I am not a Christian... but I know there is a "Creator" define it as you will. There is an awful lot of goodwill that can be generated by treating other people like they are "God's kids", despite the fact they may be a-holes.

Ultimately, you opened up a can of worms, and now you are eating them. You violated long standing "social decorum" by getting involved in the mix. Sure, they did too... but you only have say over your behavior. My mentor would tell me, in dealing with folks like this...

"...get them a cup of coffee... if you are going to the pop machine, ask them if they want a pop. Do it for fun and for free. Quit having expectations about them. If they are thinking/acting like that, they are screwed up... treat them with compassion like they are simply a sick person, and don't give them free rent."

It is your pride and ego that has taken a hit here. You gave them a way to take away your personal worth at work and they took it.

FWIW... you can treat them like God's kids and STILL put together a "Pearl Harbor File" on them.

Good luck to you!
edit on 13-10-2018 by dasman888 because: Zombie pill bugs

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

He's not done at that company, your just a doomsayer... Though to be honest that Highlander quote was righteous. But I don't think his co-workers can handle the Kurgan played by Clancy Brown.

Clancy would go through them like Paper People!

He still needs to read my first post, it would help him avoid such clumsy mistakes in the future.

We can't very well go crazy yet.

Let the left go extreme enough that they openly try to oppresse Nationwide en mass.

Then we can grab our blades and declare to them "There can Be Only ONE"!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Some of you guys deserve every bit of it.
I think this story is BS, but if not,than im really glad it happened.
It only took me couple of minutes of searching trough the OP posting history to find posts where the OP labels women he doesn't personally know as skanks and whatnot based on their political affiliation only.
And gets away with it.
So in that spirit, i call this OP as pro Trump bull#ter and his story as the usual conservative victim card that gets thrown in on a daily basis

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
It only took me couple of minutes of searching trough the OP posting history to find posts where the OP labels women he doesn't personally know as skanks and whatnot based on their political affiliation only.
And gets away with it.
So in that spirit, i call this OP as pro Trump bull#ter and his story as the usual conservative victim card that gets thrown in on a daily basis

Let's have a looksee at your previous posts. Well, it seems every single one is meant to be a contradiction & bash the OP and everyone else to start an argument. You must feed on all the negativity in reply. Get off on it actually.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Oh wow! I came back to reply to a few people and see I have some catching up to do!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
And gets away with it.

I have a few posts on this website. Almost all of them were on the Sunspot Observatory thread. You are lying when you claim I have labeled anybody based on their political affiliation and would welcome you to prove otherwise.

I did choose to not believe Ms. Ford on her allegations but not because she's a woman or of a different party than myself. I did so because everyone she claimed was a witness denies being there.

ETA: Of course what I wrote is true. I merely wanted a place to vent a bit and get some feedback on the situation to make me feel better. I had no idea it would get many replies so take your ad hominem attacks elsewhere.
edit on 13-10-2018 by MrBuddy because: rw

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Strange....I was under the impression that no means no. When she pushed him away the first time, he shouldn't have tried a second time.

Very different from Ms. Ford who claims one thing while everyone else present claims something else.

Maybe you should try groping a young lady, have her tell you no and then try again and see if your explanation to the police matters.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Putting a bumper sticker on another person's vehicle is technically vandalism.. It's adhesive.. It's not like a flyer under your windshield wiper..

I've bought used cars and tried to take them off... it sucks.. if it was my new car I'd be pissed.

Everything else aside, Do not mess with other people's personal property..

If this was me ..

I'd be applying elsewhere .

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy
a reply to: bender151

Lol, while I appreciate your candor, a degree actually does mean you're smart. The question is your definition of smart. So we'll meet half way. I'm smart when it comes to what I went to college for. Can I rip apart an engine and put it back together, nope. Can a mechanic do what I do, nope.

Eh.... no...

I don't want to give away my anonymity (of what little there is), but rest assured that's not true.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Record everything.
A guy I know recorded his female boss propositioning and trying to seduce him while he rejected her.
He recorded it...and let her know he had it by playing it for her.

She became very agreeable to whatever he wanted afterwards.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join