It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Boss Is Harassing Me At Work Because of Trump

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Stop being a wuss.

You have a degree from Cornell and a solid work history.

Stand your #ing ground.

Wrap a ribbon around a copy of Booker's book and leave it on that prick's desk.

If you're seriously considering going to HR, then you should also consider the possibility that you're just not management material.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Come to work wearing a swastika, dirty cut up overalls, muddy boots, and a 'Murka tank top. What I'm saying is, play the part they're accusing you of. When the big boss asks you into they're office, and they will, let them know the deal.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Ok third times a charm. What saved me at my work place is the teachings from the Bible applied to real life. Humbled myself. Killed them with kindness. Treated them as I wanted to be treated. If anyone had an accusation against me I talked to them. I apologized even when I didn't have to or have a reason to.

That saved my job and sanity.
edit on 12/10/2018 by Mystery_Lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Before you record any conversation, look at the law in your state. In some states only one party needs to be notified that a recording is happening, and that person can be you. In other states everyone who is recorded has to be notified that you are recording their conversation. If you don't do your research and you record him in a state in which he has to be notified, you will lose your lawsuit and you yourself might be sued.

Keep notes of dates, and find an ally that can be a witness. If things continue, do find a good lawyer, and make sure to bleed that bleeding retard Liberal of all the money he has.
edit on 12-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Buy a MAGA hat and he’ll probably assault you. Then you’re set for life.

Actually if you can prove he is harassing you, you already have a pretty good case.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Corporations in this class typically have close to unlimited resources. You do not want to invoke their rath unless absolutely necessary.

I would sit down with him and explain that there are 2 ways to go, and you would rather the one where you could both agree to disagree, and get on with your jobs. The alternative will be bad for both of you, and could be dangerous as well.

edit on 12-10-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
No offense but bosses do this and get away with it all the time...not a crime...Talk back to them kindly and let them know how you feel when the time is right.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

In today's climate I would argue that you have more power than you think you do, even over HR.

Fortune 500s don't want bad PR and if you went to a local Fox affiliate and told your story it would go viral.

However you don't need to threaten that. They know what the climate is like and a well place or timed interview could wreck their stock price and image. Some AG Offices are watching for reveals like these.

You should consult a low retainer attorney who is a conservative first then report it to HR with as much evidence as you can acquire. A well timed letter from your attorney to your HR department if nothing is done or you are suffering reprisals can do wonders.

I had my own run in with a failed cross state promotion and HR got involved after my sister (a same building coworker) reported it. There was an investigation and a manager in another state was fired over it however I had already sent my resignation form. My exit interview was interesting for them to say the least. I was only 28 but I let them have it with both barrels.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Oh brother go get an employment attorney and talk with them. Your company (especially a Fortune 500) I guarantee has a no tolerance harassment policy. You need to get that from your HR department and then take it to your attorney and talk about what has already happened. Your superiors are creating a hostile work environment and you need to exercise your rights.

Then sue the shlt out of them. It's time conservatives beat the asshole leftists with their own tactics.

You have no choice but to take this route.

edit on 12-10-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
step 1: go to 4chan and visit /pol
step 2: make a post detailing the harassment and ask for advice
step 3: subtlety leak the offenders name
step 4: profit

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

He has every choice. You would be surprised how hard it can be to win a discrimination suit. The recording will only prove a lawsuit viable if he is fired.

It's also a fortune 500 company.
They will drag the lawsuit out for years if they want to fight it.

They could settle but he will still hurt his career. He will never progress past this point, they might even relocate him or whatever but he will never sit in a higher chair if he doesn't handle this with care.

Also they can bring their own witnesses since he hasnt recorded yet.

My first post in this thread is better.
Google guy was discriminated against and he still hasn't settled.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AutisticEvo

Yes...of course he has choices. However, I was being pragmatic relative to his situation. But let's keep it real. He's done at that company. To put it simplistically and to quote a great line from the great movie "Highlander"

"It's better to burn out...than fade away."

As an aside...Google guy is going to settle so big it's going to be ridiculous. Worth the wait.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
America land of the free.
free speech, IF you are brave.
have fun with the coming revolution.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Lawyer up. The Repubs are in the Office, as well as Trump. if you sue them, this will make headlines, and because Trumps name is on it.....you will make at least 1 mil.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Oh wow that sucks. Dont even know who this kavonout guy is. But I heard of Trump. And really it is a sad state of matter when people are this effected by the shows they have on TV, and if you and your boss and coworkers are the best product that is coming out of the best universities, that to is sad.

Anyways, you have two options. One is not so great and kind of not fun, the other may be better and much funner but not so nice. You can do what everybody does and just keep taking evidence and take it to court. It may be the best option...Or, maybe one day you can cut the brake line on his car, you know were no cameras are around. And see what happens. Let the magic just take care of itself.

Ah! Just joking. Well maybe not, or maybe just a little. But this does sound like what happens on recess time in kindergarten classes all over the world, arguing about there favorite comic book hero or villain. Only on a different sort of playground, one for bigger kids.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

That sounds like workplace harassment.
No one should touch your personal property at the workplace
without your permission.
Period.

Generally, best to take it to the Human Resources Department.
Document it.
Otherwise somebody is going to get their ass kicked in the parking lot.
I would wager that it wouldn't be you.
But you might get your ass kicked in court, or fired.

So stay level headed, unemotional, and follow procedure.

You have been wronged, so stand up for yourself.
Power of Soul to you!

edit on 13-10-2018 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Best answer I can give you (as i work in corporate world too) is begin keeping detailed notes, possible recordings of these exchanges.... Ultimately, if this behavior continues, you'll have evidence of dates/recordings/etc. to relay over to HR, and ultimately, any outside lawyers to help protect your worker rights.

Absolutely spot on as a reflex

Start looking for a new job though

Even if, further along the road, you could merit a claim for constructed dismissal
HR will give you short shrift

HR people are more left than right leaning

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Same here working for Lowe’s I’m not aloud to even mention the name even though he put so much money in corporates pockets with tax cuts they raised the minimum wage from 10.97 to 12.22 and yet all I have to hear is what a racist orange turd he is all the while these morons know he put a hell of a lot more money in their pocket. It’s like a mental disorder they can’t live without the pure unjustified hatred of our President to keep them going in life, it’s frightening tbh. You won’t win if you go against them I’ve been called every name in the book for mentioning to one person I voted for him. HR will not help you nor do they care and actually on the contrary they care a lot about removing you and ruining your life as that is the only thing they can pat themselves on the back for at the end of the day by attacking a conservative. Thus “getting back at Trump and America.” It’s a wild time to be alive and witness all this first hand you couldn’t pay me 10,000 dollars to walk 10 miles with a MAGA hat on I would be shot, stabbed, or beat within an inch of my life. All the while this is in Charleston, SC who would of thought!?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Sorry you have no rights in the workplace thats what unions are for. Your boss can fire you because he don't like your political affiliation. He can fire you if he don't like the color of your tie. Unless your being sexual harassed for racially discriminated against you don't have a leg to stand on. Maybe if you recorded him saying something about your religion you might be able to do something.

I worked at a fortune 500 company and was discriminated against for having a disability. I couldn't prove it and I was sol. I spoke with several lawyers about it.
edit on 13-10-2018 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I relate to you although my situation is not quite as bad. I live in a very liberal state on the west coast and I've heard people including high level managers openly state that they would do harm (and worse) to Trump supporters if they could get away with it. Someone kept passing out anonymously anti Trump material, putting them on break room tables etc... and they would say things how most Trump supporters are low IQ idiots. Unfortunately although I've tried to play as coy as possible about my political position (I'm mostly conservative but socially liberal in some ways, but generally I believe Trump is accomplishing good things despite is bombastic personality and statements), I think word has gotten out to some that I'm not a Trump hater, and I've noticed some people not being friendly to me anymore (I've always been very popular and well liked in this large office.. but I know that if people knew I generally supported Trump they would turn on me in a flat second). I'm also a very firm supporter of law and order and this is the main reason why I will not vote liberal even though socially I do support some of their positions. Anyhow, it's late and I'm tired so forgive me for rambling. All this to say, I relate and try not to be disheartened... about 1 in 3 people in this country approve of Trump... and those 1 in 3 tend to be fervent supporters and I believe there is significant power in this. Be wise with your words and what you share, avoid talking politics, gain respect for your work ethic and be polite and amicable even in the face of stupidity from your colleagues. Also document everything and be smart! I hope that when the economy breaks an all time record with regards to numbers, North Korea becomes a peaceful nation, Iran weakens to insignificance, and China no longer has us over a barrel financially... maybe then people will realize actions speak louder than words... So far even though we are well on our way to these goals, half of this country refuses to accept or acknowledge any success with this president. For them it's an emotional issue not a logical one. They can't stand the guy so his successes are not theirs. I would ask these folks to look past the bombastic style and rhetoric and see what's actually being accomplished. I've always said from before he was President, I think there is a method to his "madness" and he's learned to leverage his unique style very well to accomplishing things that he wants. If it works it works. Let's see who is proven right in the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join