It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

123 missing children recovered in Michigan child trafficking sting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: Athetos

I wonder why there's no mention of any arrests.

Because the overwhelming majority of missing kids are runaways, or kids that just don't come home because they've decided they're going to stay at a friend's house.

A while back everybody was all agog at how many missing kids there were from DC, when the reality is that the total number of missing children cases MPD had included kids who spent a weekend partying and never told their parents, ran away to live with somebody else, etc.

The article's headline is willfully misleading and click-baity because the operation is a "missing juvenile sweep." Not a sex trafficking operation. The operation was to locate and recover missing kids and once recovered, identify if any of them had been involved in trafficking. The way the article headline is written gives the impression that the entire operation was to rescue a few hundred kids from sex trafficking.

I just read your "Myth of unchecked police brutality" thread and I'm baffled how that only has 6 flags (7 now).

On topic, I mostly agree with you here but just remember teens that ran away to live with someone else isn't always innocuous. We've had several recent examples of teen girls running away with pedos.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I just read your "Myth of unchecked police brutality" thread and I'm baffled how that only has 6 flags (7 now).

It was written during a time when data like that was very much against the narrative being pushed in the media and, sadly, on ATS. I appreciate the sentiment though

On topic, I mostly agree with you here but just remember teens that ran away to live with someone else isn't always innocuous. We've had several recent examples of teen girls running away with pedos.

Absolutely! My comment was more referring to the ones that run away to a friend's house for a weekend or skip town to go party at a nearby college, etc. It wasn't meant to imply that under no circumstances are runaways ever victims of one sort or another.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yeah, sensationalist title with this story big time! This was just on our local news yesterday. Out of 123 kids, 3 may have had ties to sex trafficking. Yes, that is 3 too many.
But most of these kids, having been reported as runaways, were actually found back at home.

Michigan does have a big sexual trafficking problem, so I don't know why the NY times decided to blow this so far out of proportion.

Actual Local News

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This would be major news if the major news outlets were actually news. But it would also be completely factual and not so hyperbolized.
edit on 13-10-2018 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Let the wrath of God come upon whoever did this to the children.

Did you not know... God is missing too..

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

ABC

it's easy as

Maybe the specific number 123 is some kind of message ie "alphabet agencies are involved"...hence no public arrests?

Ok probably not. But we still know those agencies and other law enforcement agencies, like certain corrupt police departments, are involved in human trafficking.

Humans as currency is real.

edit on 10/14/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join