It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cultural Marxism and the Racism of some Democrats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Presumption of innocence legally, crucify the bastard in the court of public opinion.

Got it.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes they didnt just say white men should lose innocent until proven guilty, they said all men. Maybe you should read the OP again, cultual maexism isnt just about race, it can be used to apply to gender and other things as well.

You say id politics is worse on the right, yety provide no evidence.

You say "cultural Marxism" is a real thing and your evidence is your definition of what "cultural Marxism" is to you along with a list of things that are, in your opinion, examples of it based on that definition.

I fail to see how this any different than me defining "cultural Nazism" as some right-wing phenomena and then attributing the identity politics prevalent on the Right to "cultural Nazism" in order to be dismissive of politic points of view I don't agree with.

I'm sure if I did that, you'd want me to prove the origins of "cultural Nazism" and make some sort of argument for how it had gained influence in right-wing circles. Probably point to some influential right-wing proponents, etc.

You want arguments for the level of identity politics on the Right? Donald Trump started his campaign by insinuating that illegal immigrants were mostly criminals, specifically rapists and drug smugglers. He also promised to ban adherents of an entire religion from entering the country.

For two years now, we've had Antifa this and Antifa that jammed down our collective throats despite the fact that there are far less people involved with Antifa then say right-wing hate groups, some of whose members have actually killed people. There's a constant flood of rhetoric and propaganda from the right that "the Left" is violent, that "the Left" is a threat to the safety of conservatives, that left-wing protests are all fake, that left-wing protesters are paid to protest and everyone is directed by George-f'ing-Soros.

Another prime example would be the fact that you even take this "cultural Marxism" nonsense seriously.

How much more proof do you need that identity politics has run amok on the Right than a Trump rally? Trumpism is identity politics on steroids. The man is straight up demagogue and he's the most influential right-winger in the US currently.

Show me mobs of right wingers confronting democrats to believe all white people or men. Show me right wing politicians saying blacks or women need to shut up.

I think you're ignoring some fundamental things here. The Left is the opposition. All three branches of the federal government are controlled by the Right. So of course the majority of activism is coming from the Left. What is there for the Right to protest?

More generally... well let me ask you a question, one middle aged white American dude to another. Do we or do we not wield wildly disproportionate power in this country? We're less than a third of the population and yet we hold two-thirds of all elected offices for instance. What percentage of elected officials are white men?

Despite Diverse Demographics, Most Politicians Are Still White Men

Despite white men comprising only 31 percent of the population, 97 percent of all Republican elected officials are white and 76 percent are male. Of all Democratic elected officials, 79 percent are white and 65 percent are male, according to the study.

Do you think that you might perceive something as being out of whack of if 97% of Republican elected officials were non-white and 76% were female? How about if only 1/3 of all elected officials were white men?

And this is a drastic change. Go back a generation and it's far worse. Go back two generations and 98-99% of all elected officials were white men. And what about other institutions? 72% of Fortune 500 CEOs are white men. Less than 5% of newsroom personnel (and that's ALL personnel) are black, Asian or Latino women. 90% of full-time professors are white and 60% are white men.

I think it's really bizarre that a lot of conservatives will go ballistic about how political correctness keeps people from discussing how black men are disproportionately arrested for violent crime or see it as "common sense" that we should ban an entire religion from entering the country because a couple dozen out of millions have been responsible for a handful of terrorist attacks in the last couple decades — but boy if you say that white men hold a disproportionate amount of political power (and financial wealth) — RACIST! YOU'RE A BIGOT!

And I'm not saying that there aren't extremists who say off the wall # about the evil of "white men" who are clearly bigots themselves. Of course there are. There are 330 million people in this country and a lot of them are dumb/ignorant/have #ty opinions.

But it's equally extremist to not recognize the reality that we've been taking all the seats at the table and maybe, just maybe, there should be more equitable distribution of power.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

In his world they don't have to. Just you.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Trump has said dumb things.

However, you saying his ban on people from those countries and saying most illegals coming from mexico are rapists is not the same as saying all women must be trutsed over men, all black people and women must vote a certain way or be attacked by the very same people claiming to protect them.

I love how bieng against illegal immigrants is now someone identity politics. I guess being against murders would also make someone an idenity politics pusher.

Its not their ethnicity or gender that is dilsiked, it is that they are breaking the law. You are not a racost for having a door on your house with a lock and wanting to keep outsiders out; neither is wanting to enforce our borders make you a racist or id politics pusher.

Show me trump attacking people as race traitors for voting democrat.

Show me him saying him saying we musty believe all men and not give women the right of innocent until prven guilty.

Your stats on men or white people in politics is again irrelevant.

What does that show, that the dems push of saying all women are to be believed over men, or that all blacks must vote a certain way or be attacked is legitimate?

And yes, cultural marxism does exist. In fact, the people that engage in it call it "intersectionality".

I provided examples in the OP and have done so to you before. Need i present more evidence of democrats complaing about "old white men" or the patriarchy? Need I show more academic classes decrying white people or men?

You can be willfully ignorant if you want, but the evidence is there for everyone to see.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

And yes, cultural marxism does exist. In fact, the people that engage in it call it "intersectionality".

It also includes critical theory. There are no right-wing equivalents to critical theory and intersectionality. And if there are, they are so fringe that they are nearly invisible. Meanwhile critical theory and intersectionality achieve great praise in acedemia, law, and even science.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Not all Trump supporting conservatives are white supremacists but all white supremacist are Trump supporting conservatives. So the Republican tribe has bonafide racists among their ranks and everyone seems to be okay with that but let's focus on Democrats being racist?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I had to S&F you for the OP.. well thought out.

I am also fascinated by an intelligent person such as yourself wasting a part of your life replying to anti.

Why not go debate your pet? Both conversations end the same way.

Neither of you will understand each other and the one you are talking to isn't capable of learning anything from what you are debating.

At least the pet ends up happy because you spent some time with them making odd noises.

edit on 12-10-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Not all Trump supporting conservatives are white supremacists but all white supremacist are Trump supporting conservatives. So the Republican tribe has bonafide racists among their ranks and everyone seems to be okay with that but let's focus on Democrats being racist?

Possibly because the Democrats not only have a long and checkered history of being racist (See: slavery in America, the KKK, segregation, etc) but everything they talk about is predicated on the color of your skin, your gender and your sexual preference.

I understand that you're not going to understand that.

And therein lies the problem for America... how to educate of a bunch of actual racists that do not have the critical thinking skills needed to understand what they are.

ETA: for the record, the few ACTUAL white supremacists I know always vote Democrat.

You know, because they agree with how Democrats think. It is comfortable to them.
edit on 12-10-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Haven't heard that line before. Just kidding, I have. By now it's been overused.

But it's simply untrue. For one, white supremacists exist worldwide, not just in the United States. Second, the united states is one of the least racist countries in the world. Third, there are other kinds of racial supremacists, race nationalists, and not just the white kind.

edit on 12-10-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

And even in your rush to try to make a clever point, you distill it all down to race, making you the racist.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Okay, I don't agree with racist remarks towards anyone. Yet, you're not understanding why Jayne gets made fun of???

Kayne went on TMZ and said that slavery sounded like a choice. Referencing black slavery and their "choice" not to set their self free. Kayne also said he was the second coming of Jesus are ramblers about parallel dimensions to Trump.

And then you're using a FOX news spin-artist (tucker) to further explain your points......

Can't take the rest of your above post seriously after that..

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Do they realize how Bad they appear
on the Worlds stage?

Do they care? Due they have a clue?

What a very dangerous joke.

S&F

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

That only shows how bad the identity politics is on the Right when you would even think to compare the circumstances of a straight white male in 2018, in America, to black people under Jim Crow or slavery.

I believe the OP feels oppressed and is looking to vent a little.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Cultural Marxism has been discussed on ATS before.

It can be discussed as many times as we like, it still doesn't exist in the real world.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

Second, the united states is one of the least racist countries in the world.

Evidence?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: theantediluvian

That only shows how bad the identity politics is on the Right when you would even think to compare the circumstances of a straight white male in 2018, in America, to black people under Jim Crow or slavery.

I believe the OP feels oppressed and is looking to vent a little.

Well then I guess you would be wrong

Shame on me for not liking the racist remarks by prominent democrats hurled at Kanye

Guess you are cool with that though

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: Grambler
Cultural Marxism has been discussed on ATS before.

It can be discussed as many times as we like, it still doesn't exist in the real world.

You can ignore reality all you like, it doesn’t make it true

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
nobody is perfect but I have not seen democrats wearing swastikas

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join