It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cultural Marxism and the Racism of some Democrats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

Yes i can say that its not as simple as those oppressed groups are disadvantaged.

Lets take women being oppressed vs men.

In what ways?

Certainly not in any legal ways. Women have staggering advantages in crimnal cases. They are less likely to be arrested, less likely gto be convicted, get shorter sentences when they are, and generally have better conditions in their prisons.

They have incredible legal advantages when it comes to family court, with things such as custody of children and alimony.

Women certainly have the advantage when it comes to longevity, living longer than men. They also are far less likely to die in viiolence, in war, or on the job.

The truth is that all of those oppressed vs oppressor categories have advantages and disadvantages.

You say we should focus on equality of opportunity.

How are we not doing that? Show me the law that makes blacks or women or homosexuals etc. not have equal opportunity, and I will fight it with you.

Instead of focusing on these catergories, we should be focused on individuals.

Who has less opprotunity; a gay black muslim woman whose parents are rich, or a homeless straight white guy?

thats why focusing on these categories is absurd.

Pointing this out is not me using race/gender politics, but showing why using those is stupid.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think what I dislike about it all the most is how painfully obvious it is that it is a bunch or horse # (cultural marxism) and yet so many advocates of it trot it around like it is SO intelligent to believe in it.

I mean if you are really so bored that you cannot stand common sense or nature or requiring words mean what their definition says then you need a better hobby.

I love playing word games, but that doesn't mean I have to believe it when they aren't real.

I suppose another issue is that I personally hate lying. And it does seem that almost all of their goals are built upon a mountain of lies. That in itself would tell a person with common sense to steer clear of it all, and yet for so many they still want to climb to that peak. Silly and destructive - that is all it is and nothing more.

It isn't smart, it isn't going to solve any problems, and it is getting tired and boring,

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Some more help to your cause, Grambler. I think there may have been a thread on this.

Ac ademics publish fake grievance studies papers in academic journals.

What passes for scholarship in the studies of the oppressed classes is so bad that when some left-leaning academics bald-faced made up word-salad papers and submitted them for publishing to academic journals ... they got accepted!

That's how legitimate a lot of this grievance scholarship actually is in the US at least.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Don't forget -

Women have a marked advantage in earning college degrees over men and have for a few decades now.

This female advantage in educational attainment is not a new phenomenon, the researchers point out. More women than men graduated from college in all birth cohorts since 1950. But the gap has grown recently, with the overall college graduation rate for women now ten points higher than the rate for men–32 percent compared to 22 percent.

Not outperformed by men in college since 1950?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

For a tribe that is supposedly against racism, they really really care about the races of all involved.

I once believed that racism was dying in popular culture. It turns out it just morphed into his weird aversive racism.

Good little essay, thanks.

They're completely incapable of forming an opinion of someone without taking their skin color into account. It's sick.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Some more help to your cause, Grambler. I think there may have been a thread on this.

Ac ademics publish fake grievance studies papers in academic journals.

What passes for scholarship in the studies of the oppressed classes is so bad that when some left-leaning academics bald-faced made up word-salad papers and submitted them for publishing to academic journals ... they got accepted!

That's how legitimate a lot of this grievance scholarship actually is in the US at least.

This is one of my favorite stories recently. I'm in college now and it's been entertaining so far. It's insane what passes for logical reasoning in our colleges.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

When your only argument is republicans do it too you have already lost the argument.

That wasn't my argument. Here's where I summed up my thoughts:

"So what term should we come up with to describe right-wing identity politics and to disparage and dismiss conservatives with?"

Correct me if I'm wrong but the premise of your OP is that "cultural Marxism" is a real thing. I'd argue that you basically listed some of the most egregious examples of identity politics in use on the Left and declared them proof of "cultural Marxism" because that's a snarl word popular among the Right for an imaginary conspiracy to destroy the West.

There's strikingly similar identity politicking on the Right but right-wingers don't associate it with a Marx-inspired plot to overthrow the world.

Although you are correct that there are people on the right that play this sort of idenity politics, it ios no where near the level that we see on the left.

That's your opinion. My opinion is that identity politics is even worse on the Right.

You say the comment about young men being in danger is eveidnce of this.

I was using that comment from Trump as a stand in for a wide range of related identity politics memes on the Right.

Once upon a time, we had slavery and jim crow laws. If someone would have said that this was a dangerous time for blacks, would you have also said "Ah ha, this proves that the people saying this are engaged in the same id polotics as the people pushing slavery!"

That only shows how bad the identity politics is on the Right when you would even think to compare the circumstances of a straight white male in 2018, in America, to black people under Jim Crow or slavery.

The fact is many people were arguing that women, based merely on the their gender, must always be believed, and if they accused a man of something, innocent until prioven guilty should no longert apply.

Which has nothing to do with Marx/Marxism and is not part of a plot to destroy the West.

It is correct to point out this is a danger for men, and in fact will also become a danger to women that will inevitably be accused as well.

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of the Ronan Farrow article on Weinstein that kicked off #metoo. I expect that the fervor will die down. You know that whole pendulum swing thing. Either way, it's got nothing to do with "cultural Marxism."

You say this happens on the right as well. Show me one prominent republican saying white men that voted against Kavanaugh sold out. Show me one saying believe all white people or men.

This is a mess. The fact is that the people who say that all women must be believed apply the same standard to non-white men. It's not "all women must be believed when they accuse a white guy."

You and I might say that all accusations must be proved but let's get real here — when it's a Democrat or somebody on the Left or perceived to be on the Left who is being accused of sexual assault or anything, at least as many right-wingers choose to believe the accuser wholeheartedly and go on to operate under the assumption that the allegation is true.

The idea the Right is somehow values the concept of innocent until proven guilty more so than the Left is frankly preposterous on its face.

How many examples of allegations against people on the Left can you think of where conservatives were screaming en masse about how everyone should reserve judgment and lamenting the death of "innocent until proven guilty?"
edit on 2018-10-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
IMHO, it's a little more simple.

If you want political power and money, you need people to give up their money and power to you. You are not as far in life as you think you should be because of _________________. I will protect you from ________ .

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

First I am not comparing white people or men today with slaves.

i am saying that your stance that you have nothing to say about the democrats at the highest level saying believe women just based on their gender and people they accuse should not be innocent before proven innocent, but you then claim that people saying this could put men in trouble is playing identity politics is absurd.

Yes they didnt just say white men should lose innocent until proven guilty, they said all men. Maybe you should read the OP again, cultual maexism isnt just about race, it can be used to apply to gender and other things as well.

You say id politics is worse on the right, yety provide no evidence.

Show me mobs of right wingers confronting democrats to believe all white people or men. Show me right wing politicians saying blacks or women need to shut up.

Show me prominent right wingers calling people race sell outs for voting against republicans.

Show me the academic curriculum saying women or blacks are terrible.

You assertion that its worse on the right is laughable, and every reasonable person can see that.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Although you are correct that there are people on the right that play this sort of idenity politics, it ios no where near the level that we see on the left. 

No, people who identify themselves on the right just think everyone should be the same and confine to gender roles, class roles, and keep to the conservative lifestyle that's all.
Heaven forbid people fight and debate for someone to have individuality and live their own lives without someone judging them.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Here I found evidence for you. Just browse that cesspool of bigotry and see how right wing nut jobs shill and propagate hate for anyone who isnt conservative.

boards.4chan.org...

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

"So what term should we come up with to describe right-wing identity politics and to disparage and dismiss conservatives with?"

"Right-wing identity politics" has had names for years: nazism, white supremacy, white nationalism, etc. Ironically, the left-wing seems to have adopted the same superstitious attitudes towards themselves and other identities, proving that it isn't confined to one side or the other. Both are certainly pernicious, but right wing identity politics has led to far more deaths and atrocities I would wager. Why the left would adopt the same thoughts and tactics after so much evidence of their stupidity is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Here I found evidence for you. Just browse that cesspool of bigotry and see how right wing nut jobs shill and propagate hate for anyone who isnt conservative.

boards.4chan.org...

Links to 4chan. Brilliant.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

boards.4chan.org...

Oh cool you fopund online trolls!

Any senators like Hirono on their telling men to shut up?

Or former DNC chairs like donna brazille saying kanye set black people back 150 years?

I admit their are jerks on all sides.

The idfference is the democrats and their media have made this racial and gender division the largest part of their platform.

Look at how they hurled racist quotes at kanye for not thinking like them.

This isnt 4 chan trolls, this are people with power in the dmeocratic party and media

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

boards.4chan.org...

roflol

those are mostly Democrat paid implants

"We pay big to make people automatically believe us"

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Because racial and gender division is a problem that's why. Look how many people voted for Republicans because they wanted to build a literal wall to keep Mexicans out, or voted to keep woman from having abortions.

Conservatives want to control everyone who doesnt confine to their agenda and then use the same excuse to attack liberals and left leaning people. Like I said in an earlier post, people who are liberal want individuality, not to be conformed into a mold.

And the troll you're referring to are the voters. People who are speaking their minds anonymously.
I find it hilarious tho I browse the mind numbing pol and see topics and news posted there, come here and see the exact same stuff. I can bet a lot of the people who post here post there as well.

Here's more evidence btw.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Wanting a wall does not make somoene racist.

SOme hispanics want a wall and an end to illegal immigration; are they too racist?

Do you have a door you lock on your house? Oh so you want to keep people out, you must be racist!

Neither is abortion anti woman. It is because people believe the fetus is a life, but you know that.

But using your ridiculous criteria, I suppose it would be ok for me to label democrats as pro baby murder.

Of course that is hyperbolic and not the truth as your claims are.

The dams have made it there top party platform to create racial and gender division. You saying things like being pro life and for the wall arte sexist or racist just proves you are buying into the dems messaging.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Completely agree with the OP but would caution that extremism of any political persuasion is an evil that all sensible people must challenge and drive out of society.

The world is hungering for the politics of common sense.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

i am saying that your stance that you have nothing to say about the democrats at the highest level saying believe women just based on their gender and people they accuse should not be innocent before proven innocent, but you then claim that people saying this could put men in trouble is playing identity politics is absurd.

No. What I'm saying is that we're living in a period of intense political polarization and there are extreme points of view pushed by people on both sides of the political spectrum that have found their way into the new mainstream.

Take for example how there is this idea on the Right that we have an epidemic of men being falsely accused of sexual assault. That incidence of this has become so serious that every man runs a real risk of being accused of sexual assault by a vengeful woman. That it's a very scary time for young men (not to mention old white guys!). Duke Lacrosse! etc, etc.

And despite the fact that it cannot be proved that Ford falsely alleged anything, it's taken for granted that she did and her allegation is basically a prime example of this "witch hunt" against innocent men. How many threads popped up about how Ford should be charged with a crime? Ironically, right after I U2U'd you my thoughts on the presumption of innocence. What percentage of conservatives are giving Ford the presumption of innocence on the whole?

On the Left (mostly on the Left), you've got this idea that not only should every allegation be taken seriously, but many people believe that the benefit of the doubt should be given to accusers and it's up to the accused to prove that he isn't guilty. You're not wrong in that regard. I too think things have gone too far with the mob mentality.

So those are the extreme positions and they are used in identity politics. Though as I noted, the people who are the most extreme don't actually discriminate along party or racial lines either so it's not strictly about identity politics. Neither of them have anything to do with "cultural Marxism."

So what's a moderate position? Well let's think about this. We all know that women are disproportionately victims of sexual assault, sexual harassment, gender-based discrimination, domestic abuse, etc. We also know that like men, women have the capacity to lie, to seek revenge, etc. We know that some allegations have turned out to be demonstrably false.

So what do you think the ratio of truthful allegations to false allegations is? How many incidents of sexual assault/harassment/etc happen where women and girls do not speak out at all? I don't have the ability to conduct a census of all women but I'm going to guess based on everything I've ever observed in my four decades of life that false allegations are a proverbial drop in a very very very large bucket.

We also know that being falsely accused of a crime can have life-altering repercussions from damage to reputation and loss of job to loss of freedom to in the worst case scenarios, loss of life. At the same time, rape/sexual assault are also life-altering events. Sexual harassment can ruin victims' careers and reputations.

So which is the bigger threat on the whole? That women will be victims of assault/harassment/abuse/etc or that men will be victims of false allegations? I have to go with the former.

There's no perfect position to have but I judge a far more moderate position to be that we should encourage women to feel safe speaking out but that we should also give the accused the benefit of the doubt or in the legal sense, the presumption of innocence.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Two things.

First, altrhough this is a good post, it has little to do with the OP.

The democrtas are making division along racial, gender and other lines the biggest part of their platform. And we are seeing hysterical mobs as a result, that will inevitably result in someone getting hurt.

Thats why we see prominent dems call kanye racist things, because they are in fact racsit.

You cite ats right wingers being bad.

Again, show me the republican saying women need to shut up. Show me them saying all men or white people need to be believed. Show me the mobs of republicans surrounding dem politicians screaming men must be believed.

Now as to what a bigger pro0blem, women lying or men getting away with assault.

Its irrelevant to the point. Both are a problem, as is women committing assault and men lying about it.

The concept of innocent until proven guilty must always be applied. And yes, ats members who wanted ford charged with a crime were also wrong in rejecting this concept.

We now have powerful democrats, not just ats members, saying that a persons gender makes them infallible and always trust worthy, and thier word should be taken even if their is no evidence.

That is insane, and shows just how far this cultural marxism has gone.

Show me any prominent person in the republican party making claims such as this.

We have prominent democrats saying kanye is a token black, a minstrel, cant read, is setting blacks back 150 years, for having the audacity to say not all blacks have to be dems.

Show me republicans doing anything close to the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join