It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cultural Marxism and the Racism of some Democrats

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Cultural Marxism has been discussed on ATS before. Many people have claimed that it isn't a big deal at all and is being blown out of proportion. I feel that the events of the past weeks have shown us that not only is it alive and well, but it is now the biggest platform of the Democratic party.

First to define cultural marxism. Marxism was the idea that there were two groups of people, oppressed working class people, and the wealthy oppressors that took advantage of them. This idea was defended by many people including academics, until it became obvious that it lead to the death of possibly hundreds of millions of people in the societies that enacted it. Although it proved a terrible way to run a country, it did prove to be an effective ideology for consolidating power.

Cultural marxism is an extension of this; it still says the world is made up of oppressors and oppressed. Except instead of limiting itself to wealth, it allows all sorts of categories to be used. Some of the favorites are race, gender, sexual preference, and religion. But it doesnt stop there, the categories can be endless.

In each of these categories, one side is the oppressor, and one is oppressed. SO here are some examples.

oppressor / oppressed

white / other races
male / female
heterosexual / all others
christian / other religions
USA / other countries
able bodied / disabled
rich / poor

And so forth. You are not a unique individual, you are merely the collection of these categories. So Trump falls into almost all examples of oppressor, and therefore is a very bad person. Obama falls into some categories of oppressor, but also some of oppressed. Therefore he is much better.

There is a constant stress with how to weigh out if you belong to some groups that are on one side and some on the other. This changes from time to time, but as of right now it seems that race is the most important category. So even being a rich, Christian man can be forgiven if you happen to be black. (This is why bette midler had to apologize last week for saying women are the blacks of the world)

The highest attainable societal goal is to be as oppressed as possible, or a victim. The more victimhood you can claim, the more your voice matters and must be heard.

You may think why do these categories matter? Just because someone is a disabled black woman doesnt mean they have a better understanding of a particular topic. But that would make you a bigot in the eyes of the cultural marxist. That womans lived experience means her voice is the most valuable, even if she does not have logic or facts. In fact, there is no such thing as facts anyways, truth doesnt exist, its just a racist concept made up by white men.

The goal is to create division and take down the oppressor groups. This is usually done with rhetoric, but by no means are intimidation and violence off the table. Members of the oppressor groups must be attacked unless they admit shame at being part of that group, and beg forgiveness of the oppressed group and work in following members of the oppressed group in taking down the oppressors.

In short, Cultural marxism is factually ignorant, racist and bigoted. It ignores that all groups have been oppressors and oppressed (as have all individuals) and seeks to judge people based off of characteristics they have no control over, such as race.

When you say a person is good or bad based on their race, we have a word for that; racism.

Despite this, this ideology has been pervasive in academics. In fact entire areas of study in the humanities are dedicated to it (now moving into the sciences as well). Curriculum are designed discussing the evils of white people, or men. These courses are in fact bigoted and racist. There is an easy way to prove it; reverse the race or gender being discussed in the class. Would there be course taught all of the country about the evils of black people or women? Of course not, that would be bigoted. Therefore the same is true discussing the evils of men or white people.

Not only is it bigoted toward the groups being called evil, but it also is so against the so called oppressed groups, but treating them as children that need to be protected and of a monolithic singular voice.

Now we are seeing this ideology branch out from academia, and into all of our cultural institutions.

Hollywood, the music industry, comedy, the media, and yes, even politicians, are openly supporting this ideology.

So lets look at the Kavanaugh debacle.

The majority of the main stream media and many Democrats set this up as a battle of the sexes. If you defended kavanaugh, then you must hate women and dont take rape seriously. Never mind that many people such as myself were defending the concept of innocent until proven guilty and due process.

This is why you saw so many of these people emphasize patriarchy, or old men when discussing this. They would have you believe that only men would defend the concept of innocent until proven guilty, and set up a men vs. women situation. Setting this up as a battle between men and women makes no sense.

What was even more telling was watching them bring race into it. A white woman accused a white man of abuse, and somehow this became about white privilege. How does that even make sense?

Here is a brief list of some of these comments, though there were in fact many many more.

www.cleburnetimesreview.com...

The democrats and their media mouth piece were trying to use cultural marxism to inject race into a situation that it doesnt even remotely apply to. This is because they need to create division based on racial and gender groups, so that they can consolidate power.

Now there is one more important thing I need to mention about cultural marxism. Its the most important rule to all of it. The only thing more important than being a member of an oppressed group is that you MUST agree with all of the cultural marxist. You can be in almost every oppressed group, black gay woman muslim who is disabled, etc., and if you think that cultural marxism is wrong or dangerous, or you disgree politically or ideologically with the people pushing it, you lose all of the societal benefits that come with your victimhood.

In fact often times its worse than that; you are attacked worse than the members of the oppressor groups. This is because as we know it doesnt matter what oppressors such as white men say; they are all just bad people seeking to maintain power so we can ignore them. But if a so called oppressed person speaks out, this can bring down the whole game.

That is why we saw so much disdain for Susan Collins for her vote to confirm Kavanaugh.

edit on 12-10-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
And that brings me to the best most recent example; Kanye West.

Kanye met with trump and has been vocal in his support of him for a while. He is also vocal about how being black doesnt mean you have to be a democrat.

For this sin, Kanye must be taken down by the democrats.

Not only do places like snl and others mock him and attack him, but its the way they do it that is truly striking.

Watch the first 7 minutes of this clip to get an idea.

They are attacking him using his race. Yep, all of those claims of needing to fight racism, and not judging people based on skin color, right out the window.

Kanye is a minstrel, he is a token black, he doesnt read, he is setting black people back years.

See they cant handle a black person being an individual and disagreeing with them. All black people must think alike; and Kanye 's biggest crime was saying that black people, like white and every other race, are unique individuals.

This is how far the cultural marxist are willing to go; they are willing to engage in blatant racism against groups they say are oppressed if they disagree with them.

Now I am not saying that if you are a democrat that you are a racist or believe in this stuff. But it is clear that i is becoming the key platform of the Democratic party, and their media cohorts.

We should calls these attacks on Kanye out for what they really are; racist.

And as usual, we see that people have a tendency to project their own sins onto their opponents; maybe this is why so many democrats think most trump supporters or republicans are racist.

edit on 12-10-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

For a tribe that is supposedly against racism, they really really care about the races of all involved.

I once believed that racism was dying in popular culture. It turns out it just morphed into his weird aversive racism.

Good little essay, thanks.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Well thought out post Grambler I enjoy your content. Gotta say it seems you hit the nail on the head at least from my prospective. The double standard that’s being toted by the media is insane and totally out in the open for all to see.

You have to be in lockstep with the hive mind or suffer the consequences.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You have funny problems over there!

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Cultural marxism in a nut shell.

Hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I can only hope people don’t sincerely believe this crap.

The right wing view of the left is so convoluted and twisted I’m surprised you guys even have the strength to get up in the morning. What with the constant mental gymnastics it takes to piece your world together.

link   

First to define cultural marxism. Marxism was the idea that there were two groups of people, oppressed working class people, and the wealthy oppressors that took advantage of them.

You mean like cosmopolitan elite globalists who don't care about "fly over" country and shipped everyone's jobs overseas?

In each of these categories, one side is the oppressor, and one is oppressed. SO here are some examples.

The Right doesn't do this? Of course they do. Nobody is more unfairly victimized than the conservative straight white male Christian according to the conservative narrative.

The goal is to create division and take down the oppressor groups.

Ironic considering that the right-wing media and Republican politicians are dismissing protests as being fake, paid for by Soros and saying that the Left wants to destroy America, that there's a whole push to paint about half the country as violent radicals and that you're authoring a thread about "cultural Marxism."

Nothing divisive there.

The majority of the main stream media and many Democrats set this up as a battle of the sexes.

"It's a very scary time for young men in America."

So what term should we come up with to describe right-wing identity politics and to disparage and dismiss conservatives with?

"Cultural Nazism"
"American Volkisch"

link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
You have funny problems over there!

Wait are you stating Europe doesn't push cultural Marxism?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You should see the left wing view of the right played out in 99% of television and movies.

Pure GD fiction.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Perhaps the decades of poor schooling have finally paid off. Peeps only care about their status and likes now, which kills free thinking....it now a mob mentality that has affected both sides.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You mean like cosmopolitan elite globalists who don't care about "fly over" country and shipped everyone's jobs overseas?

I am sure the op means outsourcing political opposition memos to foreign spies, and Russian nationals to the tune of $12.4 million dollars and passing it off as 'intel'.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The right wing view of the left is so convoluted and twisted I’m surprised you guys even have the strength to get up in the morning. What with the constant mental gymnastics it takes to piece your world together.

Normally when someone says something is crap they are able to provide evidence to refute it.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

This is very well written Grambler, and I agree with you wholeheartedly that these are the very tactics being used against the public (left and right).

edit on 12-10-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Just to help you out:

Three Canadian Professors Claim STEM Promotes "Eurocentrism" and "White Supremacy"

I saw this yesterday and thought about doing something on it.

There is also this that has been floating around out there.

Study (done by Harvard libs) Shows 80% of Americans Think Political Correctness Is a Problem
edit on 12-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

When your only argument is republicans do it too you have already lost the argument.

Although you are correct that there are people on the right that play this sort of idenity politics, it ios no where near the level that we see on the left.

You say the comment about young men being in danger is eveidnce of this.

Once upon a time, we had slavery and jim crow laws. If someone would have said that this was a dangerous time for blacks, would you have also said "Ah ha, this proves that the people saying this are engaged in the same id polotics as the people pushing slavery!"

The fact is many people were arguing that women, based merely on the their gender, must always be believed, and if they accused a man of something, innocent until prioven guilty should no longert apply.

It is correct to point out this is a danger for men, and in fact will also become a danger to women that will inevitably be accused as well.

You say this happens on the right as well.

Show me one prominent republican saying white men that voted against Kavanaugh sold out. Show me one saying believe all white people or men.

Your claims of soros funding protestors does nothing to disprove what I am saying; it just firther shows how the powerful will use cultural marxism to further consolidate power.

The left claims to be the party agaisnt racism, and yet we see that the powerful people in their ranks are more likely to judge people based on their race far more openly.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Democrats aren't democrats anymore they're two parties progressives and old school democrats.

Don't blame the right because colleges and the media has warped your party.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

;TL/DR race/gender politics bad. Grambler will prove it by using race/gender politics.

Cmon Grambler, you're better than this.

Oppressed! Oppressor! Now trot out "Equality of Outcome!"

There is no reasonable way you can argue that those in your "Oppressed" column are not at a disadvantage to those in your "Oppressor" column.

Let's try a new tack "Equality of Opportunity" why can't we level the playing field. Notice I didn't say (and I don't think anyone will) "Equality of Opportunity only for women" (or poor, or minorities). What happened to "raising all boats"? What is wrong with that?

I'm sorry but you guys are going down a very selfish path that doesn't end with you all of a sudden being a billionaire, it ends with you in the muck with the rest of us as the cream keeps rising to the top.

You are trying to prop up a class based system, where the rich get richer and no one cares about the poor. You have a safety net that you refuse to acknowledge though (and no I am not going to jam your privilege in your face), we the (the liberal left) will keep fighting for you. Full stop, period. Why? Because we care about you and the well being of our fellow countrymen.

We will be the ones that help you up when you get in a car wreck and need a hand up, we will be there after the next housing bubble to try and find a place for you to live, we are the ones that are going to help you get food when you have been out of work for a while. We are trying to do the right thing for everyone, including intolerant jerks the likes of which you find on ATS spewing partisan BS about how bad the left is, instead of how bad their actual policies are.

No one is saying that rich men are bad and black women are great, we are saying that wealth and power skew to one side of that equation, and if you /really/ cant see that then you are blind, ignorant, or just plain selfish.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I know it's a hard truth to swallow, but in some quarters and to some people, what you are matters more than who you actually are.

In a lot of cases, you can't actually control what you are. I cannot control being white, female, having migraines, etc.

Whoever I can control who I am and what I make of myself. That's why who you are should matter a lot more than what you are. It's called character. Even Martin Luther King understood this argument.

Once upon a time, you progressives did too. But I get that it's easier to simply sort people based on what they are.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

When your talking about political stances and the commentator brings up the racial draft in relation, it really shows how ingrained their racial identities are tied into their political idealogies

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join