It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turks Tell U.S. Officials They Have Audio and Video that Support Conclusion Khashoggi was Killed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I kind of feel sorry for the Saudi Crown Prince.

After this, people are going to be calling him "Mohammad Bone Sawman".

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Aye aye aye, this story is like a plot in a hollywood movie... I certainly don't trust either Governments, but the Apple watch catching how everything went down could be the "smoking gun".... I wonder if the Saudi's would reach out to Apple? Would Apple give up this evidence willfully or not? Are they obligated to? You would think someone internally at Apple has heard/seen the footage with all the noise around this situation, right?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Majic

Ummm...that was bad...

Now...if you had stated..."Mohammad Been Sawin"

YouSir

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

It does not mean that you can murder people within your embassy, that is on foreign soil.

Since when does the rule of law apply to governments? Governments have been doing what they like since there were governments. It's just convenient that they got him into the embassy.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This whole thing reads like a W.E.B Griffin novel.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

A human was murdered...why does the origin of this human enter into this equation?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
And the Turkish have to be very, very careful with this audio-material.

Why?

Because it comes from the inside of an embassy. I would like you to think about this.

What kind of way did this media take? Why was it taken?
How did the Turkish officials got a hold of it?
Were/Are they routinely spying into the inside of other countries embassies?

I believe I read that the Turks were invited in by the Saudis to search the consulate (it's a consulate, not an embassy - technical difference...)

Yes. Found the article.

“The premises are sovereign territory, but we will allow them to enter and search and do whatever they want to do.

I believe that's how we saw the CCTV footage of Kashoggi entering the consulate; the Turks seized some video during the search.

Kashoggi also, if he was smart, should have had some connection with his fiance (or someone) outside. Something as simple as his having dialed her phone and left the connection open would work. If he was sawed or hacked up, the audio alone should tell the tale.

eta: Ahh. Just saw the comments about the Apple watch. The watch is an even better idea. Slick move Kashoggi. The new update also added "walkie-talkie" features with other Apple watches.
edit on 12/10/18 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Good it's come to light. The public needs reminders from time to time what our governments do to citizens they don't like.

But even more importantly, it's a reminder of how bloodthirsty the Saudi Government is. People seem to forget that they blew up the Twin towers in New York. Just adding that all the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia as was Osama Bin Laden. Saudi Arabia funds Terrorist groups all over the world including Al Queda. Let's not forget that the San Bernadino shooters went to Saudi Arabia right before they killed all those people.
edit on 12-10-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
why should we care? restraining Iran by supporting Saudi Arabia is more important than the life of one person, it might be terrible but what has turkey done recently for us? except you know, turn against us at every opportunity they've had.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
why should we care? restraining Iran by supporting Saudi Arabia is more important than the life of one person, it might be terrible but what has turkey done recently for us? except you know, turn against us at every opportunity they've had.

How can you support the one country that has commited terrorist attacks on the US? How many US soldiers have died at the hands of the Saudi supported terror groups, like Al Queda?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Apple watch

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I want to know why Turkey are pushing so hard to know.

The murdered man was Saudi
He was educated in the US

If the Saudi's wanted to kill a Saudi traitor, whats it of Turkeys business?

You can’t let tyrants get away with murder in your country. Anyone with any self-respect wouldn't.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Majic

That's the thing. The crown prince is the guy working to institute important positive social change in Saudi Arabia, right? It doesn't make much sense for him to order this hit. Perhaps I'm commenting ignorantly here, as I've not read deeply into the subject. Maybe that's just how he rolls. Departing from Wahabism but still gonna chop up the trash talking journalists? Maybe...

At first I thought perhaps that this could be a Turkish op or fabrication or some such. What I think more likely though is this action being orchestrated covertly by antagonistic (to the Crown Prince) elements within the Saudi Arabian government. He's been shaking things up in SA for awhile now, and has undoubtedly ruffled some feathers. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of elite Saudis out there who would love to see him get a black eye.

There is also the possibility that this was the work of an interested third party who stood to benefit from the geopolitical implications that are already playing out. Seems unlikely, but possible. Plenty of elements within the Saudi government who would benefit by preserving the status quo as well, for that matter.

I don't know. Just speculating here. I'm reluctant to accept this story at face value though. I think there may be more to it.
edit on 13-10-2018 by TheBadCabbie because: nvm

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Why such a big deal over a non-American journalist being murdered? Happens all the time somewhere in the world.

There are wing-nuts telling President Trump to cancel the $110 Billion military weapons contract with Saudi Arabia over this murder.

That would be $110 Billion fewer dollars coming to American families who work in, and support those industries.

Over...1...murder.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: gortex

If true, wonder what geopolitical consequences this might have for US-Saudi relations.

Keeping in mind that we have a long-standing mutually beneficial relationship....

Geopolitics are so complicated, I can't even begin to make sense of the implications of something like this.

Probably not much other than words and wringing of hands. I have not seen a big out cry when the Saudi's bomb school buses with kids inside or hospitals in Yemen...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why such a big deal over a non-American journalist being murdered? Happens all the time somewhere in the world.

There are wing-nuts telling President Trump to cancel the $110 Billion military weapons contract with Saudi Arabia over this murder.

That would be $110 Billion fewer dollars coming to American families who work in, and support those industries.

Over...1...murder.

I think it is very different because is like being found with your hands bloody and with the knife still on your hand, as opposed to having war casualties or collateral damage?

The guy went in, never went out, he dead. No video of him going out, so it says "this government is a murderer" and is not the same as coming out on the news and saying "we are sorry for the collateral damage", plain murder is seen different, and no one wants to be associated to it

Also think about it, you want for the US to go out there and say "we don't care about those crappy humans from other countries, as long as we get our money and keep doing our nice lives who cares who dies?"

I don't think that sounds nice or as a country with a culture of justice and that says to be humanitarian, if you see someone murdering other people and pretend you don't notice then what does that makes you?

I know all countries governments are dirty, no country i think is free from doing the same stuff, they all just pretend and it goes with the job, once find out, everyone suddenly doesn't want anything to do with you or they could also be tainted for the public
edit on 13-10-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why such a big deal over a non-American journalist being murdered?

Is that all that matters in the US now ?
It matters because this is a diplomatic incident between two countries who don't enjoy the best of relations and it could escalate into something more serious , the US President is friends with both despotic rulers and needs to act decisively against the aggressor otherwise this kind of incident could be deemed as acceptable ... which it isn't.
edit on 13-10-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
President Trump has spoken to CBS regarding the Khashoggi disappearance.
Video in link

In a clip broadcast on "CBS This Morning," the president says the Saudis could be behind the disappearance of Khashoggi and, if so, the U.S. would inflict "severe punishment." He also said the matter is especially serious because, "this man was a reporter."
www.cbsnews.com...

"Severe punishment." but he says he also says he won't cancel the multi-billion dollar arms contract with the Saudis to protect the Military Industrial Complex.
Nice.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Get f'ing real, the Saudis are responsible for much more than that..when did you sell your soul?

edit on 13-10-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Absolutely, then what will prevent them from killing dissidents on American streets.
Same thing with the Turks

Likely, what will happen is the US and Turkey will use this to extract things from Saudi.

Turkey needs money and the US wants more leverage on Saudi that's why Trump is threatening them.

<< 1    3 >>

join