It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turks Tell U.S. Officials They Have Audio and Video that Support Conclusion Khashoggi was Killed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The evidence is mounting to show the Saudi claim that Mr Khashoggi left the consulate is a lie , the Turkish government is reported to have told the US government that they have video and audio evidence that supports their claim that Mr Khashoggi was tortured , murdered and then dismembered.

A Turkish security source has confirmed to the BBC the existence of an audio and a video recording.
What is not clear is if anyone other than Turkish officials has seen or heard them. One source is cited by the Washington Post saying men can be heard beating Mr Khashoggi; it adds that the recordings show he was killed and dismembered.

"You can hear his voice and the voices of the men speaking Arabic," a separate source told the Post. "You can hear how he was interrogated, tortured and then murdered". Mr Khashoggi is a contributing columnist for the newspaper.

Earlier this week leading columnist Kemal Ozturk, considered close to the Turkish government, alleged there was a video of the moment Jamal Khashoggi was killed
www.bbc.co.uk...

Sir Richard Branson has said he has halted talks with the Saudis over a $1bn investment in his Virgin space company in response to the incident , the question now is what will the response by the US administration be to the barbaric murder by one of its close allies.

I had high hopes for the current government in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and its leader Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and it is why I was delighted to accept two directorships in the tourism projects around the Red Sea. I felt that I could give practical development advice and also help protect the precious environment around the coastline and islands.

What has reportedly happened in Turkey around the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, if proved true, would clearly change the ability of any of us in the West to do business with the Saudi Government. We have asked for more information from the authorities in Saudi and to clarify their position in relation to Mr Khashoggi.

While those investigations are ongoing and Mr Khashoggi’s whereabouts are not known, I will suspend my directorships of the two tourism projects. Virgin will also suspend its discussions with the Public Investment Fund over the proposed investment in our space companies Virgin Galactic and Virgin Orbit.
www.virgin.com...

edit on 12-10-2018 by gortex because: edit to add statement

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I've said this a few times now but not sure if enough people are hearing it so I'll add it one last time: If they want to get you they will get you. No government is willing to protect people 100 percent if it comes at a cost to them yep even in the UK and US. We have had Russian state approved chemical weapons attack in London, we've now had this guy being killed in an embassy. When they want to they will get you it might take years in some cases but they will get you. It's a sad reality that we live in that we (UK) can be attacked by a chemical weapon (which is what it was) and not much happens after the first few weeks. I would love to have seen the reaction if it was done on American soil, notice how Russia hadn't the rubles to do it in the States.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

One of the metallurgist here is from Turkey and he just told me about this fiasco.

This is crazy #

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

If true, wonder what geopolitical consequences this might have for US-Saudi relations.

Keeping in mind that we have a long-standing mutually beneficial relationship....

Geopolitics are so complicated, I can't even begin to make sense of the implications of something like this.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I want to know why Turkey are pushing so hard to know.

The murdered man was Saudi
He was educated in the US

If the Saudi's wanted to kill a Saudi traitor, whats it of Turkeys business?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
And the Turkish have to be very, very careful with this audio-material.

Why?

Because it comes from the inside of an embassy. I would like you to think about this.

What kind of way did this media take? Why was it taken?
How did the Turkish officials got a hold of it?
Were/Are they routinely spying into the inside of other countries embassies?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

They did it in Turkey.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Surprising that Turkey is publicly stating that they had the Saudi embassy bugged.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

They did it in Turkey.

so? political hits happen all over the world and no one blinks an eye.

If it was a Turkish citizen, yes ok I understand.

But a US Educated, Saudi Journalist gets murdered inside the Saudi embassy in Turkey - and for what reason are Turkey the ones taking the lead and potentially revealing surveillance methods to... what?... arrest saudi officials?... go to war with Saudi?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Surprising that Turkey is publicly stating that they had the Saudi embassy bugged.

They've not publicly stated anything other than they have evidence to show Khashoggi was murdered , we don't officially know anything other than that.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

If it was a Turkish citizen, yes ok I understand.

Murder is a crime in Turkey regardless of the nationality of the victim , that a premeditated murder happened at a diplomatic property in Turkey gives the crime a new dimension , this is a criminal act and diplomatic slight on Turkey.
edit on 12-10-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

They did it in Turkey.

Actually if it happened in an embassy it was legally the the owner of the embassy's country. Technical difference, but still it's different.

I personally think it's abhorrent that such a thing happened. However since it happened in the KSA embassy, the event legally happened in KSA.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I don't have the article handy, but it was mentioned that the audio and video obtained by Turkey could be related to the Apple watch he was wearing when he entered the consulate. His iPhone was with his Fiancee outside in the car.

EDIT: found this...

In interviews, Turkish officials provided new details of their investigation into the missing journalist. Two senior Turkish officials revealed the existence of an object that may provide important clues to Khashoggi’s fate: the black Apple watch he was wearing when he entered the consulate. The watch was connected to a mobile phone he left outside, they said.

Apple Watch, hired jet, mystery vehicle figure in search for missing Saudi dissident
edit on 12-10-2018 by BomSquad because: found and article

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

That would certainly make more sense than the Turks having the Embassy bugged.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Let's be honest. It's the Saudi consulate in Turkey. It's definitely bugged. It would have be surprising if the Turks admitted that though.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

This is such a crazy story. I don’t trust either the Turkish or Saudi governments. I do, however, believe his wife.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Let's be honest. It's the Saudi consulate in Turkey. It's definitely bugged. It would have be surprising if the Turks admitted that though.

You don't think the Saudis would regularly sweep all of their embassies for bugs ?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Because they killed him in Turkey
edit..I see it was pointed out.
edit on 12-10-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
this farce gets sillier with every new twist of the tail

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

It does not mean that you can murder people within your embassy, that is on foreign soil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join